ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount vs Alleghany

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
Starmount should be heavily favored in this match. Does Alleghany have what it takes to compete? Any thoughts?

If number 20 for Alleghany doesn't get healthy soon could be a real long season. #3 cant carry team forever

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
North Iredell and Trinity are not bad teams. They are not good, but they are not bad. Either way. Starmont is 4-0 and I don't see a loss on their schedule other than Mount Airy. I think they roll into the playoffs with 1 loss. Alleghany and East Wilkes can give them a game, but I don't see Starmount losing but game.

North Iredell and Trinity are not bad teams. They are not good, but they are not bad. Either way. Starmont is 4-0 and I don't see a loss on their schedule other than Mount Airy. I think they roll into the playoffs with 1 loss. Alleghany and East Wilkes can give them a game, but I don't see Starmount losing but game.
I seen. N Irredell beat Alexander Central pretty good win.

Reactions: NCBBFB and Orange01
I think Starmount is going to be a problem in the playoffs and go several rounds

I think Starmount is going to be a problem in the playoffs and go several rounds
I think they will win a round,but second round will be interesting considering how many good teams there are this year. Seeding will be a factor. I would think in the second round they will probably be playing a second or third place team from WHC or SMC. They may have one of the more fun games to watch in the second round. It's all speculation at this point though.

However it plays out, the turn around in Boonville is nothing short of remarkable! Congratulations to the Rams Community.
Agreed. A strong Starmount is good for the conference and football in the area. Well, maybe not for Forbush, but everyone else, haha.

Several Mt Airy fans are not going to the "game" in Danbury this Friday night. Instead we are going to travel to Jonesville, have some pizza, and then go to Boonville to watch Starmount and Allegheny duke it out.
Maybe we will even get to say hello to our favorite NC Prep moderator.

I think this will at least be a game in comparison. I don't think #3 for Alleghany can carry them over Starmount. He needs more help. I would just run him as wildcat formation as it is. Never know what may happen though, kid could break a few and run wild on them.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I think they will too. I expect a deep playoff run. The next couple of games will tell a little more but still yet by the playoffs they should be more comfortable in the systems that they run and also by then one of the main running backs at 100%

So far, i haven't seen Starmount play this season. Starmount defense so far hasn't shut anyone out. Not sure how good the defense might be at Starmount Other than that Starmount has looked really good.

Reactions: NCBBFB
So far, i haven't seen Starmount play this season. Starmount defense so far hasn't shut anyone out. Not sure how good the defense might be at Starmount Other than that Starmount has looked really good.
The defense has been a work in progress. I expect certain rotations and defensive schemes will be different as the playoffs approach. Coach makes adjustments as he learns more about the players and opposing teams.

Reactions: Doppleganger#
I am with you, I was just always under the impression that they grew up in Boonville/Jonesville and were districted to Starmount anyway.

Reactions: buzzcoach
They have always lived in Starmount’s district and played in Starmount’s feeder schools until high school.

They each had reasons why they went to Reagan. They also wanted to come back home as well.

Everything is legal. Colton Allen left North Surry last year and his father teaches at Starmount, so legal there as well.

Last edited:
Those Reagan transfers making a big difference for STM.. #5 pretty good RB.
He's doing good especially considering what all he has went through. I certainly don't think I could've come back from ACL surgery in both knees. They were both non contact injuries. He's still not 100%. I personally think he developed too much strength too quickly and the knees couldn't handle it. He's at a lighter weight now to help that. The cuts will get sharper as he gains more strength and confidence in his knees. I think he's only 11 months or so removed the last surgery. Excited to have him back

He's doing good especially considering what all he has went through. I certainly don't think I could've come back from ACL surgery in both knees. They were both non contact injuries. He's still not 100%. I personally think he developed too much strength too quickly and the knees couldn't handle it. He's at a lighter weight now to help that. The cuts will get sharper as he gains more strength and confidence in his knees. I think he's only 11 months or so removed the last surgery. Excited to have him back
I wish him nothing but the best and healthy season. Good looking ball player.

Reactions: NCBBFB and gdawg74
IK but fact is they transferred and played at Reagan last year? Did NCHSAA allow this?
All 3 of them started at Reagan as freshman. They all transferred back to Starmount after first semester. All for different reasons. It was Reagan that allowed the transfers, the NCHSAA just signed off on it.

Alleghany played a very tough non conference schedule. It seems to have done them little to any good. Starmount made them look ridiculous tonight. Alleghany was a complete 1 man show with #3 lined up everywhere. He needed tons of help. Too bad he didn’t get it. Starmount was more that ready for Alleghany.

Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT