ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount @ Mount Airy

Radio is always delayed though you cant watch together
I do it all the time. I synchronize the radio with the video. The radio is streamed so it can be adjusted how you want it. So is the video streamed so you can adjust it too.

Didn't see the game but my nephew said it was pretty hard fault for the first half. He said number four can run. He said missing that guard was a big deal that he's very good I guess so he's like 66260 isn't he.

Buzz is so stupid...so when Ma doesnt win it all..we will all say ...sure...you had a great season...lol it kills him for someone to get any credit other than MA...look up hater in the dictionary..and you will get his face🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣again the Rams had a great game plan and more than held their own in the 1st half...but they're are 2 halves to a game.....gotta play both...notice it was past 9:30 before dumb buzz responded...but i said early on...dummy

Starmounts game plan was to pick up a few yards each carry get some first downs and keep the clock turning. “Shorten the game” the lack of offense they had in the second half kept their defense on the field and you just can’t do that against ma they are too fast and will make you pay at some point. Hats off to ma heck of a team, also hats off to the rams, tough and physical bunch and will hopefully give a few teams a fit in the playoffs

MA started blitzing LBs and Safety. Starmount looked confused and could not adjust. MA threw the ball better tonight. This was our downfall against ES, we were too one dimensional.

Mason (#5) also had another great game. Over 1000 yards on the season and 22 TDs. Definitely MA’s best player on offense. The kid can fly when he gets a hole. Starmount had a game plan to try to contain him on the first few drives, but then he found his groove.

STM loaded the box and blitz MA all of first half. Dared MA to throw it. This is how you beat MA. Good game by STM up front they played real good especially on D side. MA had 103 yds passing. 50% completion rate. 313 rushing. Tyler #5 had 214. He will definately be conf player of the year.

Kind of thought i said that about the Rams gameplan earlier...but you made a bonehead retort about the EW score instead ...go figure...

Just a couple of thoughts the morning after the game.
Mason should be offensive player of season in the conference. Fast as greased lighting. On the other hand, I saw, again, that one hand tackles put him on the ground. He needs to be in the weight room because D2 Football recruits need to be able to break tackles.

At this point Dandy is the only legit D1 prospect on team but Stroup is getting close as a kicker.

Reed needed to be used more on offense, He can break tackles, keeps defense honest which opens more holes for Mason or Martin or Revels. Maybe Coaches are not wanting to risk reinjury. But to go deep in playoffs we will need him badly.

Passing can be a threat and real tool for Mt Airy. Needs to be used 50% more and to install some slants.

Kicking game is absolute top notch.
Coaches halftime adjustments just keep being great and spot on.

Honestly after seeing MA against EW...i didnt see any western team containing them..but Starmount may have changed my mind about them. Even though the score ended up largely in Mt.Airy's favor..The Rams were able to exploit somewhat of a chink in MA's armor in the 1st half...but the Rams are no where near as athletic as MA. MA is top 3 or 4 in favorites to come out of the west. After the EW game i def thought MA would handle Starmount as easily as they did EW the entire game...and this Draughn team has seemed to come out of nowhere!!!

Honestly after seeing MA against EW...i didnt see any western team containing them..but Starmount may have changed my mind about them. Even though the score ended up largely in Mt.Airy's favor..The Rams were able to exploit somewhat of a chink in MA's armor in the 1st half...but the Rams are no where near as athletic as MA. MA is top 3 or 4 in favorites to come out of the west. After the EW game i def thought MA would handle Starmount as easily as they did EW the entire game...and this Draughn team has seemed to come out of nowhere!!!
Keep In mind one of Missing big gaurds was out and will be few weeks. #54 been out since Ashe game was dressed last night both are o line starters. Not excuse bc MA still had over 300 rushing

Last edited:
Starmount played tough all night. MA speed too much for them. Dezern is an excellent player. Good luck to the Rams for the rest of the year!

Mason should be offensive player of season in the conference. Fast as greased lighting. On the other hand, I saw, again, that one hand tackles put him on the ground. He needs to be in the weight room because D2 Football recruits need to be able to break tackles.

At this point Dandy is the only legit D1 prospect on team but Stroup is getting close as a kicker.

Reed needed to be used more on offense, He can break tackles, keeps defense honest which opens more holes for Mason or Martin or Revels. Maybe Coaches are not wanting to risk reinjury. But to go deep in playoffs we will need him badly.

Passing can be a threat and real tool for Mt Airy. Needs to be used 50% more and to install some slants.

I hear that mason is getting recruited hard by at least 6 D1 schools. Dandy is a given and right about stroup. He's a touchback machine. Mason needs to break more tackles but I am pretty sure he goes d 1.

Nice post. MA has many weapons on offense. Also people are over looking the Job #15 the qb is doing at linebacker.

Last edited:
I would agree with that. #15 really steps it up and leads the pack on D. He is kind of the glue on the Mt Airy team. #25 could have/ most likely would have if he had not gotten hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT