ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs Jekyll or Hyde

I think Ashbrook is Hyde and Hyde. They have the worst offense in the county, and consistently win about 5 games per year. 42 - 13 (1 late score and 1 KO or PR touchdown for Ashbrook). I hope they keep Hill and that staff as long as HH keeps theirs. Things will continue to be good for us in football.

I think Ashbrook is Hyde and Hyde. They have the worst offense in the county, and consistently win about 5 games per year. 42 - 13 (1 late score and 1 KO or PR touchdown for Ashbrook). I hope they keep Hill and that staff as long as HH keeps theirs. Things will continue to be good for us in football.

DeBoer, I know what you are saying. However, every once in a while they manage to put enough of a game together to be a thorn in our side, even if they lose. I will be glad to beat them up and down, backwards and forwards every year until my dying day.

Reactions: coondog8585
Ashbrook hasn't come close to beating SP since They ran Briggs off, he knew how to coach a little defense. This game will be a beating of epic proportions! For the love of all things holy they lost to North Gaston! Ashbrook is full of talent but those kids have no heart. They're irrelevant until Hill leaves, no other way to say it. How many middle school championships has Grier won and Ashbrook has nothing to show for it!

Speaking of middle school championships, I don't know how many of you Raider fans follow it, but Belmont Middle School is 6-0 and un-scored on this season. Closest game was 27-0. Goo's younger brother is a really good player, but they have a lot of athletes on that team. Expect to see a few of these kids on varsity next year. Looks good for SP for 2017 forward.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Speaking of middle school championships, I don't know how many of you Raider fans follow it, but Belmont Middle School is 6-0 and un-scored on this season. Closest game was 27-0. Goo's younger brother is a really good player, but they have a lot of athletes on that team. Expect to see a few of these kids on varsity next year. Looks good for SP for 2017 forward.

I've been following via the Gazette. I see there is another Leeper coming up the pipeline as well. :)

As much as it pains me to say it, they look to be very impressive. Mt Holly Middle went down the tubes, when the HC left for Belmont.

What about 2016? That comes first.
Sorry "73" for getting excited about the BMS kids, but they are special 16 will be a challenge, but we will pull Raiders through. Down year makes no difference to true Raider fans.

Well I see the Gaston Gazette has hit yet another low point today. Not only did they fail to post their weekly picks (again), they didn't even bother to do a write up of tonight's games other than the "Gaston Gazette game of the week - Forestview / North Gaston. The paper is so thin now is doesn't even make decent toilet paper.

Correction: There are small write ups in the printed version today. A lot less than usual. I do subscribe to the Gazette but I usually read the online version because of convenience. The articles were not posted on the online version this time. Slackards.

Last edited:
They tweeted out the predictions yesterday..... They actually give very good coverage across the board via Twitter. Follow them individually.

As much as it pains me to say it, they look to be very impressive. Mt Holly Middle went down the tubes, when the HC left for Belmont.
LMAO...seriously? You think this has anything to do with him??? If so- EG should hire him immediately and see how that goes.

Reactions: Chargers#1
I just want to see tonight if Ashbrook will get their two normal scores that SP gives up on that one CB who gets burnt deep every game. Why in the world that #25 isn't put over there is beyond me. He's looked like the best player on the defense this year in limited snaps. He actually goes and MAKES a play, without it falling in his lap. Used to be a staple of SP defenses...now we just wait on terrible coaching and scheme to show itself and balls and gold coins fall out of the sky.

So all told, I guess Ashbrook will score 14, but the issue for the necks from G-town will be SP scoring 35 plus.
Zero coaching over there, and all this talk about their "afletes" is a bit overblown. SP likes to play shell pass defense and play slow ILBs who have trouble getting to the edge, and tackling ANYbody in space is hard anyway...so it makes 5'9 164 4.9 speed guys look like great athletes.

I know what you mean about going and making a play. 25, 35 and 44 seem to go make plays. I think 9 does as well as could be asked for. He's 12 yards off the ball by design so some get caught in front of him, but at least he isn't getting burnt deep every game a couple times. I wish 23 was allowed to play closer to the line of scrimmage, because I think he could have a big impact. #9 looks like a SS or OLB type for SP to me. I think we have some guys out of position on defense...but might not show until we play somebody with an offense. When is the last time we saw a dynamic offense (like Erwin from 2010 or West Rowan from 08, etc). Havn't seen any offense like that in 2 years.

They tweeted out the predictions yesterday..... They actually give very good coverage across the board via Twitter. Follow them individually.

Odd that they put good coverage on Twitter when they are paid to write for the Gazette. I don't understand how being on Twitter can pay the bills over at the Gazette.

Just saw that there is a 50% chance of rain tonight around 8 pm. Since the game is at SP, will they go ahead and postpone it until Monday?

a fine point, 73.
Yeah, speaking of future RR teams from above posts....next two years could be frustrating to say the least.

Well I see the Gaston Gazette has hit yet another low point today. Not only did they fail to post their weekly picks (again), they didn't even bother to do a write up of tonight's games other than the "Gaston Gazette game of the week - Forestview / North Gaston. The paper is so thin now is doesn't even make decent toilet paper.

Correction: There are small write ups in the printed version today. A lot less than usual. I do subscribe to the Gazette but I usually read the online version because of convenience. The articles were not posted on the online version this time. Slackards.

The Gazette used to be chock full of stuff which made it stand out against all the others which was why I was willing to pay for an online subscription. Now it is just like the others (since Freedom sold them). Also, I am missing Phil Gardner's articles.

If you subscribe to the Gazette, either hard copy or online edition, they do have the e-edition available which looks like the printed version. However, like you, I tend to look at what is provided on the web page first. I wish that they would note that more articles could be found in the e-edition tab for subscribers.

Last edited:
SP 24 - Ashbrook 0 - middle of 3rd qtr

Ashbrook is horrible. East Gaston and Hunter Huss gave us way better games. The way the Green Wave are playing tonight, they may only win one more game - Lake Norman Charter. Forestview will destroy them unless they choke. Huss will keep the Bell again this year. East Gaston may struggle but should be able to pull it out.

Last edited:
Evidently, Mr Hyde has turned back into Dr. Jekyll as Ashbrook has another TD. However, the 2 pt conversion failed this time.

SP 24 - Ashbrook 14

SP offense needs to do something different this possession- play calling getting too predictable as the Green Wave are stopping the QB keeper. Going into the 4th quarter now.

SP played tonight just like the Shelby game. Get a respectable lead then try to run out the clock. Tonight it started with 3 minutes left in the third quarter. Hard to play 4 corners for 15 minutes. Up to that point they looked pretty good and could do about anything they wanted with the Green Wave. I also noticed that the Ashbrook receivers do not play hard after the catch. They had plenty of open field short catches but would just seem to give up after the catch, not trying to fight for extra yardage at all. At least that was my take on it.

Not a very good game for the Raiders. Ashbrook loaded the box and SP kept trying to run the option down the line. Not enough bodies to block. Etherton could get 3-5 per carry but seldom ran the ball in the 2nd half. Hate to say it, but Ashbrook out-coached SP tonight. Thought that it was one of the poorest Raider performances in a long time.

Not a very good game for the Raiders. Ashbrook loaded the box and SP kept trying to run the option down the line. Not enough bodies to block. Etherton could get 3-5 per carry but seldom ran the ball in the 2nd half. Hate to say it, but Ashbrook out-coached SP tonight. Thought that it was one of the poorest Raider performances in a long time.

Ouch...that hurts coming from you RT.

Next week effectively determines the conference championship. SP needs to step it up if they hope to dethrone the current champion at their place next week. Who would ever believe that statement after the way we have owned The View all those years?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT