ADVERTISEMENT

South Granville over West Craven

I must say this score turned my head. I had WC as an upset but the margin of victory is quite surprising. That being said a number of teams really put some offensive numbers up tonight seeing several 50-s and 60's total pts

WC was playing without a number of their guys to injury, whom poster Otis4431 said had been out for much of the season, who they still won their conference without, but also their star RB who might have been the biggest reason they won their conference. He missed their only conference loss for disciplinary reasons two weeks ago, came back in 1st Rd playoff game to score all 4 TDs last week, but out again now for different disciplinary reasons. WC was a very athletic team and maybe the best tackling team i've seen all year in terms of not missing one on one open field tackles, like you'll see so many high schools players look like a cross between swinging gate and a matador; very few missed tackles for the Eagles; would have loved to see this team in action earlier in the season with everybody available to play, not surprised they won their conference if the RB is as good as advertised

I must say this score turned my head. I had WC as an upset but the margin of victory is quite surprising. That being said a number of teams really put some offensive numbers up tonight seeing several 50-s and 60's total pts

South Granville is a talented football team. Execution was flawless. They have a group of kids that are putting their team first and foremost above everything else. It was a good example for our kids last night to see. We had some good seniors last night that have given 4 good years. Hopefully the younger guys coming up can learn from their example and also from the example set by a few others this past week. Been a hard week.
I'd love to see South Granville - North Davidson by that is a long way for me to drive. #7 Mitchell for South Granville is a heck of an athlete.

I forgot to add I may go see WRH - Northeast next week.

Last edited:
WC was playing without a number of their guys to injury, whom poster Otis4431 said had been out for much of the season, who they still won their conference without, but also their star RB who might have been the biggest reason they won their conference. He missed their only conference loss for disciplinary reasons two weeks ago, came back in 1st Rd playoff game to score all 4 TDs last week, but out again now for different disciplinary reasons. WC was a very athletic team and maybe the best tackling team i've seen all year in terms of not missing one on one open field tackles, like you'll see so many high schools players look like a cross between swinging gate and a matador; very few missed tackles for the Eagles; would have loved to see this team in action earlier in the season with everybody available to play, not surprised they won their conference if the RB is as good as advertised

I think we pretty much had this game figured out when we talked before the game. That opening drive when you kept converting on 3rd down and punched it in then the high snap on us causing the safety putting us down 9-0 was the killer. I knew we needed something to spark the kids because mentally they were not ready. Goodluck the rest of the way. You have a classy group of kid's. I might need to send #7 some Wolfpack gear!!! :)

tarheelg I forgot to mention the National Anthem was great!! I didn't see the girls on the field to start with because I was standing behind the players but I realized it sounded like it was live. I knew I met some young girls going up in the press box as I was going down the steps after talking to you. I finally leaned over some and saw them standing on the field. They really did a good job. I thought it was awesome! Things quickly went downhill for me after they quit singing! :)

tarheelg I forgot to mention the National Anthem was great!! I didn't see the girls on the field to start with because I was standing behind the players but I realized it sounded like it was live. I knew I met some young girls going up in the press box as I was going down the steps after talking to you. I finally leaned over some and saw them standing on the field. They really did a good job. I thought it was awesome! Things quickly went downhill for me after they quit singing! :)
Yes, that was probably them on the way to borrow the wireless microphone, they've done the anthem for three weeks in a row

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT