ADVERTISEMENT

South Granville @ North Davidson

In Welcome, I would say try Rick's Smokehouse, The chicken is good, bbq pork, and bbq beef are very good as well. They have excellent ribs, but those are only available on Thursdays I believe. Personally, I prefer to order my pork bbq course chopped, rather than the more finely chopped variety. Just my 2 cents worth...

If wanting the more traditional Lexington style bbq, stop at Kerley's or Speedy's BBQ, they are good as well. Both are on Old Hwy. 52 heading to NDHS. Speedy's is actually in Lexington, closer to Bus. 85/ 29-70.

Lexington BBQ, is very good, I just prefer others. Like I said, just my opinion, and you know what they say about those!!!, lol
I prefer Speedys BBQ. If you leave there hungry it’s your fault. They load you up! I prefer their BBQ over the other places around town.

Ok, how about Oklahoma State? The offense and the colors match.....speaking of the Heels though, South Granville will look like UNC colors wise, but like I said Saturday, the offense will look more like Georgia Tech
If your offense is truly like Georgia Tech I hope the officials we have understand how to call a chop block because those who did the Salisbury game surely didn't!!

If your offense is truly like Georgia Tech I hope the officials we have understand how to call a chop block because those who did the Salisbury game surely didn't!!
Well, remember a "CHOP" block is always illegal; in the high/low combination, which should never happen, and the times we've been flagged for (or anybody for that matter), it's a miscommunication among O-linemen over who's blocking who...."CUT" blocks are legal for linemen if engaged immediately at the snap, as long as you're not high/lowing somebody, but of course not allowed out on the perimeter like Georgia Tech makes a living off of....with that said we've been flagged for illegal block below the waist 3 or 4 times this year when OT cuts immediately at the snap though; still not sure why it was called when it was not a high/low from 2 guys, and not out on the perimeter, and not in the back, and not from blindside

North reminds me of Andrews in 2013 when they won the 2AA state title. Both lost opening game and then proceeded to beat the sh*t out of everybody they were supposed to beat In the regular season, only being tested maybe once. Everybody questioned their schedule but they kept beating everybody in the playoffs. Got to the 3rd round and the chatter started that this would be the week it might end. Nope didn’t happen then. Then it was definitely in the state semis. Nope they won that one by like 4 scores too. Went on to beat a stout Monroe team in the state final. Stay the course North. You guys will win the state title if you play your best football down the stretch. Your best is better than anybody else’s best. I believe that.

I disagree. I think South Granville takes this one. Think it will be a good game. And North has had a great season. Just my IMO.

I will take the later! I guess you have not had quality BBQ....Little Richards is way better.

I love little Richards, great restaurant, but if I want BBQ that's not where I go. They have killer cheeseburgers and hotdogs and tators. Love their menu.

Back on track, I hope the boys know what's waiting for them Friday and don't let stuffing and turkey distract them, their most difficult game is coming and anything less than their A game from this point forward in the season will likely spell the end of the season. Know your job, do your job.

Reactions: bkknights93
If the O-line does there job and the offense gets in a rhythm it’s gonna be trouble for SG defense I believe ND defense will make it hard to successfully run the ball all night. We have to eliminate the nonsense penalty’s and ND football if the boys do that gonna be a exciting game!!

Reactions: Black Knight dad
Very true. The boys know what’s at stake I believe the will be ready Friday night. They will have to be on there a game for shore. There will be 2 really good football teams going head to head Friday night.

I have heard not to many deep balls have been thrown the last few weeks, any speculation as to why not?

Was a lot passing against Forrest Hills. Don’t know why we didnt throw the ball more last week

Was a lot passing against Forrest Hills. Don’t know why we didnt throw the ball more last week
I was wondering the same, that first drive against Ledford was textbook, those short, 4-7 yard pass plays were helping TJ find some room, then just seemed to pound the ball....Not harping, I by no means am coaching material, just my observation. Hope the O is more balanced this week!

FGs and touchbacks or flipping the field with punts can be the difference this time of the year. When defenses get better, some of those long TD passes/runs become FG attempts. I’m never against Christopher getting to kick FGs, but we are going to need as many points as possible. Punts could be just as important this week and beyond.

FGs and touchbacks or flipping the field with punts can be the difference this time of the year. When defenses get better, some of those long TD passes/runs become FG attempts. I’m never against Christopher getting to kick FGs, but we are going to need as many points as possible. Punts could be just as important this week and beyond.
The 57yard FG will get the headlines(as it should) but the directional punting the last few games has been huge.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Also, restaurant-wise, the fellow(s) i'm riding with very well might stop along the interstate at a Bojangles or Chick Fila, but if we make to the Lexington/Welcome area, what are good places to find good food without a big price? Is Char's still open? Stopped there with my wife for ice cream 5-6 years ago and thought it looked/smelled like a great place for a burger....how about the one real close to the school called Nick's Old Fashioned Burgers (or something like that; seen on google maps when planning route, also Lexington BBQ: Overrated and/or overpriced? Or real deal good stuff??

Nicks hamburgers are great and it is only an few hundred yards from the school. Takes a few extra minutes because they will not cook until ordered, but well worth the wait. Also Rick's Smokehouse has great BBQ and BBQ Chicken, too bad they only have ribs on thursdays. It is a mile from the school. Can't go wrong with either one, safe travels!

Tarheelg....what’s the story on number 7? Watched him on film this week? He looks like a bruiser. Big young man, thought I️ saw him returning kicks as well.....

His name is Allajah (pronounced like Elijah) Mitchell...yes, quite a bruiser, he was the bell cow running back of the JV team his freshman year, and been on varsity since day 1 his sophomore year...originally brought up to varsity with defense in mind; has been dominant whether lining up at DE, DT, or OLB in various situations, can get in the backfield and disrupt the running game, can get after the QB, can be effective dropping into coverage...we've seen him out wide at DE and other teams run away from him, and he will still hawk it down from behind pursuing from the back side, or there was a play last week where the other team invited him to sell out and pursue and ran a reverse and there he was staying at home to cause a 12 yard loss, also great hand-eye coordination; very good at batting passes when he can't get to the QB; has been known to tip deflections to himself for INTs and scoop and score after he was the one that stripped the ball, in terms of offensive touches, yes, he is one of probably 6 or 7 backs that will get a few carries rotating in with the flexbone offense; we rarely have anybody with more than 10-12 carries a game (I think 15 for him last week was his season high)...like him, so many of our offensive guys also play a key role on defense and you don't want to get them burned out, (most 2A teams don't have 76 guys on the roster) but with that said, even with his limited number of carries, roughly 100, he has more than 1600 yards rushing....and like you said, he's also one of 4-5 guys we've had returning punts or kickoffs at different times, definitely a great great athlete that I hope will get a shot somewhere at the next level

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I think the reason we didn't throw the ball last week was because of an emphasis on time. Once we got that lead after a 7-8 minute drive I think we honestly expected to be able to play defense and just run the ball down their throat, killing the clock in the process. The game went by very quickly. They got ten points but that was when they were desperate and the amount of time they had the ball didn't leave them with many possessions or opportunities.

There is really a Richard? Is the one in Davidson county associated with the one in Clemmons or Country Club Rd?
The one in Wallburg has the same owner as the Country Club location. They are dubbed 'The Original Little Richards". The other ones (Clemmons, Mt Airy, Yadkinville, Walkertown) have different owners. I think they were all together at one time but there was a split several years ago.

I think the reason we didn't throw the ball last week was because of an emphasis on time. Once we got that lead after a 7-8 minute drive I think we honestly expected to be able to play defense and just run the ball down their throat, killing the clock in the process. The game went by very quickly. They got ten points but that was when they were desperate and the amount of time they had the ball didn't leave them with many possessions or opportunities.
Guess it doesn't matter how, so to speak, as long as three more wins come!

Well we are about to really find out how good this team is. This game is the one we’ve all waited for. A deep playoff game against a strong non conference team. Did any of our fans think there was a chance we would lose to Ledford? Doubtful. But we can all agree that we now face a serious threat. That’s not to say that if we lose we weren’t good. But is this team great? The answers come Friday.

Well we are about to really find out how good this team is. This game is the one we’ve all waited for. A deep playoff game against a strong non conference team. Did any of our fans think there was a chance we would lose to Ledford? Doubtful. But we can all agree that we now face a serious threat. That’s not to say that if we lose we weren’t good. But is this team great? The answers come Friday.
Well said. The last few weeks give me some concern, but Friday will tell the tale.
Safe travels for our guests from Creedmoor. I am looking forward to a good one Friday night.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that outside if ourselves, Ledford only lost to Glenn, beat Randleman and they're still alive as well. Don't wanna give the prissy panthers too much credit but they ain't bad...

Last edited:
Reactions: crazyduke3
Let's not forget that outside if oursepves, Ledford only lost to Randleman and they're still alive as well. Don't wanna give the prissy panthers too much credit but they ain't bad...
I thought Ledford beat Randleman, didn't Ledford lose to K-Vegas early in the season?...I could be reading your post wrong too, sorry if so...

ND draws first blood, with a play action pass to Blake Stephens for a TD. 7-0 with 2:44 left in the first quarter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT