ADVERTISEMENT

South Columbus @ East Bladen

Should be the game of the regular season, I hope the stallions can keep up with a high powered eagles team. Coach fish being back isn't a good thing for stallion fans I know that!

Stallions really need to work on the offensive line and short pass coverage. If I'm east bladen I come out throwing the short screen passes until we can stop it. Nonetheless, I have a feeling the boys will show up ready to handle business. I'm predicting a close game with lower scores. 28-22 Stallions

Man this game is a week out and I'm already nervous. I'm hoping for a good one like in years past.

I'm gonna go with a nail biter that turnovers will factor into big time. 22-20 Stallions

EB had its share of turnovers last night, don't want to see this Friday night. No turnovers last night and the score would have been totally different and the wouldn't have scored. The defense played great.

That curse was broken last year by the stallions, taking both games against the eagles. One being the season opener and a one point victory in the third round of the playoffs.
That is true and I hope it stays the same this year too...just with a larger margin of victory

Hope the coaches and staff don't let the off the field issues going on at South right now get into these young men's heads. I have faith Coach Dove will keep his unit unified as a family like always.

Hope the coaches and staff don't let the off the field issues going on at South right now get into these young men's heads. I have faith Coach Dove will keep his unit unified as a family like always.
--Off the field issues going on at South right now --- no truth to this or is there something going on... SCHS2011 Probably just trying to get into Eagles head??

--Off the field issues going on at South right now --- no truth to this or is there something going on... SCHS2011 Probably just trying to get into Eagles head??[/
He's talking about the student section during last Friday's game. The theme was red white and blue American theme. They had a Trump banner and had a picture of the entire student section with it hanging on the front of the bleachers. No one caused problems and everything was great. Trolls on FB got ahold of that picture and now it has gone completely viral. Trying to give South the racial reputation.

Well don't sell SC short,might be a heartbreaker for East before said and done Friday,just saying.

The key to this ballgame is whose defense will play the best and create turnovers . Both teams in the past have pretty much mirrored one another. However at a time or two there has been lopsided scores. I don't for see that as being the case this Friday night. I do think that neither team will out athlete the other. EB is very comfortable in using four or five different backs. Our defense seems to be our cornerstone. It has only given up only 16 points thus far. I'm looking for a real close ballgame and I won't make a prediction. The computer matchup by Kenneth Massey, the results was EB 42. SC 31. But who knows? That why the games are played on the feild. So we shall see Friday night. See ya there!!!!

I'd rather go into this game as the under dog. To hear the talk SC is the under dog. Hoping for a good game.

I don't think anyone has insinuated that the Stallions are underdogs just because some fan thought the Eagles win by 14. He just expressed his opinion. Hey! I know what S. Columbus pretty much looks like and what to expect. Gonna be a dog & cat fight period.

Reactions: WINGT Tradition
I don't think anyone has insinuated that the Stallions are underdogs just because some fan thought the Eagles win by 14. He just expressed his opinion. Hey! I know what S. Columbus pretty much looks like and what to expect. Gonna be a dog & cat fight period.
Nah. Not saying they insulted. Maybe it's just me. I like underdogs. This is definitely the game of the season for sure. If EB wins it could be a cruise control to being undefeated. If SC wins it could possibly be the same thing until Whiteville game. All the marbles are definitely in the pot for this game.

Reactions: dirty stallion
I see this as a neutral field toss-up; therefore, I'll give the very slight edge to my Eagles since we're at home. But it's most likely gonna come down to the wire like usual...

I agree with WingT, South not being overlooked by any means but it just seems like East is the favorite to win this one. You can throw the stats and other game scores out the window for this one. Sounds like SC has a few trouble spots but hopefully they will be ironed out before they hit the field Friday night. East is especially tough at home but this South team has experience with big games on the road. Go Stallions!!

Just heard that 6 or 7 of souths players had been removed from the team by their parents due to what went on Friday night at the game, does anyone know if this has merit?

Last edited:
If this is some kind of joke,its not funny. Never heard this coming from SC ever.
Sounds like a childish game someone playing. Wing-T have u heard anything on this?

I'm old codger from the old school, a lot older than some of you fellows. I don't believe everything I read, nor believe everything I hear and only believe only 2/3 of what I see. Y'all insinuated the rumor, it sure as heck didn't come out of Bladen County.

No. No fake news. Like I said earlier in this post. The student section had the trump flag during last Friday's game. Some parents got mad for their personal beliefs and reasons. They were threatening to take kids off the team. Actually went viral. They were trying to give SC the racist reputation. If I post something it's because I know. No fake news comes from this guy.

As of today they had to meet with those parents and who knows what was said. No players were taken off the team. They were back to practice today and focused. I don't think it affected the players. Just a lot of mad parents and trolls on fB.

The Facebook drama is endless after last Friday night. I did just confirm that it was a rumor and not the truth. Hopefully this off the field drama isn't affecting the mentality of this week's game.

No. No fake news. Like I said earlier in this post. The student section had the trump flag during last Friday's game. Some parents got mad for their personal beliefs and reasons. They were threatening to take kids off the team. Actually went viral. They were trying to give SC the racist reputation. If I post something it's because I know. No fake news comes from this guy.

As of today they had to meet with those parents and who knows what was said. No players were taken off the team. They were back to practice today and focused. I don't think it affected the players. Just a lot of mad parents and trolls on fB.

No fake news comes from me either, if what i was hearing had not come from a players parent himself i wouldnt have posted it. I was simply trying to confirm that it was either true or false regarding the players. Im very glad to hear that no players have been removed and i hope everything is ironed out, its ashame we live in a world today that things like this create the drama and tension that they do.

Why would some parents be mad because kids support their president? Its getting where if anyone on the right does anything in support of Trump,all hell breaks out. Well glad it worked out for players and school.
I think its time for me to quit going to any football games,college or High School because of politics being into it. Good luck SC and EB

They made a huge deal about nothing ....I promise you this ... Tabor City was playing football long before them and will be playing football long after they're gone... it was ridiculous the big deal they made about this...

Either way ... I think EB takes this one in a close game...

East better hold on to the football and execute plays a lot better than last Friday night or the stallions will have a nice ride home. We had about 5 missed opportunities to score vs Whiteville. Hopefully, EB will be a little more focused this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT