ADVERTISEMENT

South Brunswick Opening

Any rumors on who’s applied to take the Head Coaching position at South Brunswick?
IDK but I read they have had over 30 applicants. Lewis did a great job there. SB has 1300 kids and they had to play four 4A schools each year. Under Lewis, SB beat NH, Laney and Ashley and lost to Hoggard 10-9 in 2019.

would the west Brunswick coach come over? Coach Handy is from the triad area and did great things at Randleman

is West Brunswick happy with there coach?
I don't think so Handy is a very very good coach and someone I have coached against and known for more than a decade. Great guy solid coach I would see why after year 1 that WB would be unhappy with Handy

I don't think so Handy is a very very good coach and someone I have coached against and known for more than a decade. Great guy solid coach I would see why after year 1 that WB would be unhappy with Handy
why do u think they aren't?

I believe the school board didn’t approve
And that is why Coaches don’t resign their current job until all the approvals are done. Even though fans want the coach gone as soon as they hear he may have another job.

NB isn't opening anytime soon I would venture to say. Seems like that coach is locked in there. SB would be a great destination. Already have some good assistants and great facilities.

Yikes - I hope whoever was planning to take that job had a back-up plan in place or hadn't backed out of where they were at previously yet.

Congratulations to Former Mooresville Assistant- Former South Rowan HC in Daniel Yow being named the head coach of South Brunswick

Thank you for your time at Mooresville and Good luck at SB! If he can get them to .500 in year or 2 that will be a positive direction for them as SB is in a very tough league

Reactions: nwguilford007
Congratulations to Former Mooresville Assistant- Former South Rowan HC in Daniel Yow being named the head coach of South Brunswick

Thank you for your time at Mooresville and Good luck at SB! If he can get them to .500 in year or 2 that will be a positive direction for them as SB is in a very tough league
They will needs to win all their non conf games. SB simply doesn’t match up well with Hoggard, NH and Laney. Laney has turned the corner with their new coach and players aren’t leaving like they have been in the past and their JV teams have been very good the last few years with large numbers. NB has turned things in the right direction and they are typically bigger and more athletic than SB. Topsails new coaching staff have them moving in the right direction as well especially on defense. Ashley is playing much better with their new coaching staff and actually won a playoff game and should have won 2. WB and SB are the only 2 teams struggling at this point. I could see SB losing all their conf games next year except maybe WB.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
They will needs to win all their non conf games. SB simply doesn’t match up well with Hoggard, NH and Laney. Laney has turned the corner with their new coach and players aren’t leaving like they have been in the past and their JV teams have been very good the last few years with large numbers. NB has turned things in the right direction and they are typically bigger and more athletic than SB. Topsails new coaching staff have them moving in the right direction as well especially on defense. Ashley is playing much better with their new coaching staff and actually won a playoff game and should have won 2. WB and SB are the only 2 teams struggling at this point. I could see SB losing all their conf games next year except maybe WB.
I can see that.

I know this is going to upset some people, but I saw him coach at South Rowan and was not impressed with his coaching.

If I am remembering right based off the new 8 way split. They are currently playing with 4A numbers against 3 8A(Hoggard, Laney, Ashley), 1 7A(Topsail), 1 6A (Hanover), and 2 5A (WB, NB). If State decided to realign the Conferences with only two classifications (1A/2A, 3A/4A) split in each conference their schedule could look a lot different in a few years.

If I am remembering right based off the new 8 way split. They are currently playing with 4A numbers against 3 8A(Hoggard, Laney, Ashley), 1 7A(Topsail), 1 6A (Hanover), and 2 5A (WB, NB). If State decided to realign the Conferences with only two classifications (1A/2A, 3A/4A) split in each conference their schedule could look a lot different in a few years.
They have about 1300 students this year,

That is what needs to happen. Southport is growing fast but there is still a lot of retired people moving in so the growth at SB will not increase equally with the growth of Brunswick Co. NB will be 6A and the 7A soon. WB will to grow as quickly as NB but it’s will follow suit. Brunswick Co is the fastest growing Co in the country.

I know this is going to upset some people, but I saw him coach at South Rowan and was not impressed with his coaching.
Well, we will see. There is usually not a lot of top notch coaches that want to go there. Coach Lewis decided to get out of coaching for 10 years. When he decided to come back he wanted to stay in the area. He took the East Columbus job which may have been one of the worse football coaching jobs in the state. Then when SB came open he took it. He was the right guy for the job and turned them around. The area is awesome, the football demographic isnt.

Well, we will see. There is usually not a lot of top notch coaches that want to go there. Coach Lewis decided to get out of coaching for 10 years. When he decided to come back he wanted to stay in the area. He took the East Columbus job which may have been one of the worse football coaching jobs in the state. Then when SB came open he took it. He was the right guy for the job and turned them around. The area is awesome, the football demographic isnt.
Ole, I know the area is awesome. I have relatives that live about 10 minutes from S.B.. I would love to live in that area.

Reactions: portcity FB
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT