ADVERTISEMENT

Something bad wrong with Murphy

Mont1963

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2013
Was looking at the box scores for tonight's games and Murphy (boys and girls) were pathetic .

Not saying this to be mean, but how in the Sam Hill does the girls only score 2 points per qtr. for first 3 qtrs.??????

And boys. Even worse! Was 36-3 at the half, and 52-9 after 3 qtrs. that's a disgrace for HS basketball. They scored 0 points in 2nd qtr

I know Hayesville is very good, but a blind hog could score more than that!!

They could have done that with no coach in sight. I could take 10 middle schoolers and score more than that if by nothing else PURE CHANCE!!
Throw it up there, something's bound to go in sometime!!

Good in football, but don't want to be known ad a "one horse" school.

Something is TERRIBLY wrong! Just sayin !!!!!!!!!!!

First time catching a game this season and WOW. I could go on and on but it's not going to make a difference. It's truly time for a change in the basketball programs imo, and this is not based on last nights performance. The program has been on a steady downhill slide and continues to get worse. No need to go into great detail of x's and o's tho. Until the program gets a fresh start, things will remain the same or continue to decline, even tho i don't know how much worse it can get.

Originally posted by MHS-88:
First time catching a game this season and WOW. I could go on and on but it's not going to make a difference. It's truly time for a change in the basketball programs imo, and this is not based on last nights performance. The program has been on a steady downhill slide and continues to get worse. No need to go into great detail of x's and o's tho. Until the program gets a fresh start, things will remain the same or continue to decline, even tho i don't know how much worse it can get.
+1 and before anybody comes in here talking about the talent level, the talent is at home, they don't want to play for this guy anymore. When you have key players who didn't even bother to come out for the team this season that tells you all you need to know. He's lost the team and the program, he needs to do the honorable thing and step down at the end of the season.

As for the girls I would say it's even worse than that, the program has been a joke since coach Dyer retired, same thing needs to happen there too.

I won't be attending another Murphy game until the adminstrators listen to the outcries of people concerned with the direction of our programs or until both of this people step down. It's a joke plain and simple, no one could reasonably defend either one of these people's ability to administer an effective long term program now.

I agree that the team is not good, maybe it's better said that they are bad. I've been to a few games and primarily because my son plays for them. He is a senior and has never played organized ball before and he still gets a lot of minutes. Now I believe he is a good athlete but if the pure basketball talent was there he would be hard pressed for playing time. That being said where is the talent? It begins before high school you can't blame it all on the current coach. How well is talent developed before HS? I'm no B-Ball expert but you've have to have the basics(such as being able to hit the broad side of a barn down before you ever get to HS) bad or good they are the team we have and the ones who will be hurt the most if anyone wants to boycott games in protest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT