ADVERTISEMENT

SMC

And notice I didn't blame the refs I said penalties kept us from pulling away, I wasn't at the game to know if they were bad calls or not, my concern going into this game was defense in the first half that was the truth second half we shut you out and the only thing that slowed us down on offense were penalties imo

Last edited:
And notice I didn't blame the refs I said penalties kept us from pulling away, I wasn't at the game to know if they were bad calls or not, my concern going into this game was defense in the first half that was the truth second half we shut you out and the only thing that slowed us down on offense were penalties imo
We had 7 penalties for 56 yds yall had 6 for 48! Far cry from 20 that cost you 7 tds! Should have been 14-13 at the half! You scored 6 pts in the second half as well. And I was there…it was a holding call on our first drive of the second half that changed everything. I have much respect for Joey and his staff and program, don’t get on here and imagine an outcome when as you said, weren’t even there!

• Haha
Reactions: 828FBALL
7 tds? I was thinking more like two but again I wasn't there and I don't have the stats in front of me. All I know is are penalties happened when we're driving and after big plays, 20 was an exaggeration but it felt like everytime Heritage had a big play it got called back in all honesty it felt like it was more like 10 penalties to like 3 maybe I'm just a homer lol

Last edited:
If we only had 6 penalties it feels like 3 of them were on one drive we should of scored on in the second half and 3 were on the other drive we should of scored on the second half and I imagined the rest lol I haven't talked to our stat guy yet lol

• Haha
Reactions: BlackCat93
Not to be technical but someone mentioned being close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Mt Airy is actually only 7 miles from the parkway and it actually runs through a portion of Surry County. Kind of qualifies us as being in the "mountains".

Northwestern Surry County has a few peaks above 2000 and 3000 feet

Mt Heritage ain't in the smokies still in the mountains, beat Robbinsville 28-13 and left points on the field beat Erwin who just ran all over a top 5 team in 2a so they are pretty alright, they ain't playing sorry central so we don't know for s

If we only had 6 penalties it feels like 3 of them were on one drive we should of scored on in the second half and 3 were on the other drive we should of scored on the second half and I imagined the rest lol I haven't talked to our stat guy yet lol
Penalty's are called for a reason. If you are holding and score a TD or gain extra yards would you if not for the holding? If all these TDs are called back for penalty's then maybe you wouldn't have scored anyway without holding etc!

• Wow
Reactions: wormyone47
Not to be technical but someone mentioned being close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Mt Airy is actually only 7 miles from the parkway and it actually runs through a portion of Surry County. Kind of qualifies us as being in the "mountains".
Well, the name “Mount “ Airy qualifies you too. I would assume Pilot “Mountain” does the same for East Surry?

I’ve never been to either place but I always assumed y’all had some mountains very nearby .

Last edited:
We had 7 penalties for 56 yds yall had 6 for 48! Far cry from 20 that cost you 7 tds! Should have been 14-13 at the half! You scored 6 pts in the second half as well. And I was there…it was a holding call on our first drive of the second half that changed everything. I have much respect for Joey and his staff and program, don’t get on here and imagine an outcome when as you said, weren’t even there!
That makes me wonder cat. Although I don't think the loss to us in pilot mountain was really as bad and really could have gone either way. What do you think about the comparison between them and us as far as mountain heritage goes. There is a lot of talk about that quarterback. Are there that will be in doubt for a while until they fix that playoff loss from last year. No great team gets the crap kicked out of them like that. Not in the playoffs anyway. What do you think about them. Seems to be that some of the schools are a little disappointing that way this year. That were supposed to dominate. Just want your opinion by the way not trying to make a judgment.

That makes me wonder cat. Although I don't think the loss to us in pilot mountain was really as bad and really could have gone either way. What do you think about the comparison between them and us as far as mountain heritage goes. There is a lot of talk about that quarterback. Are there that will be in doubt for a while until they fix that playoff loss from last year. No great team gets the crap kicked out of them like that. Not in the playoffs anyway. What do you think about them. Seems to be that some of the schools are a little disappointing that way this year. That were supposed to dominate. Just want your opinion by the way not trying to make a judgment.
In fairness, yall really didn’t get to see our offense at full strength. When 15 left with his injury on his first carry it changed us on both sides of the ball. He still isn’t fully healthy but had a decent game Friday. Heritage has a good team. Quinn is a tremendous athlete and very shifty. We had him squeezed in several times and he found a way out. They are senior heavy so it’s kinda now or never for them. I would give heritage a sizable advantage on offense, and defensively they are about the same as East. A little smaller up front, but stronger. They also have the jones kid(#24) who’s the equivalent to your keener. I think Heritage will win out so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Well, the name “Mount “ Airy qualifies you too. I would assume Pilot “Mountain” does the same for East Surry?

I’ve never been to either place but I always assumed y’all had some mountains very nearby .
Fishers Peak in Surry County is pretty close to 4000 feet.

Parts of Surry County feel like the SMC and parts of it feel like the Triad

Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT