ADVERTISEMENT

SMC week 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no dog in this fight, but I dont see a dirty play. Football is a rough sport, injuries happen. But after seeing Mitchell players get a little dirty with him a couple years ago, and keeping his composure, I dont think he had malintent.

Reactions: mbdfan
Watched the video. Looks like clear intent to injure. Dead sprint with helmet lowered to kids side back area. Never has head up looking for the kick or anything
how is it a dead sprint from 1 yard away, its football he hit the kid. If anything that's a strategy used, clear a lineman in front of you to allow for a faster player behind you to get a chance to block the kick.

first of all he is not my son..You must be watching the wrong play..he is not playing center in the play he was hurt on..it happened on Swains only extra point attempt of the night..he was lined up near the left end blocking..now find the play and tell me it is not dirty
I will tell you it's not dirty, the play in question the players on extra point leaned toward the center and turned their back to the defense ,he got hit with a facemask across his back, nothing dirty about it.! I am sorry he is hurt, but not close

I will tell you it's not dirty, the play in question the players on extra point leaned toward the center and turned their back to the defense ,he got hit with a facemask across his back, nothing dirty about it.! I am sorry he is hurt, but not close
Of course not from his wonderful squeaky clean coach..lmao

I have no dog in this fight so I watched it 4 times but it only took 1. I can’t believe anyone seen anything but a football play and should have never wasted the time to put that on. It’s a contact sport and the young man hit someone who angled his block. I really hate it for the kid

👏👏👏👏👏 "should never wasted the time to put that on..." bravo.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
how is it a dead sprint from 1 yard away, its football he hit the kid. If anything that's a strategy used, clear a lineman in front of you to allow for a faster player behind you to get a chance to block the kick.
I don’t see anyone standing behind him in the video, and he is more than one yard off the ball. Actually he is not in a down position. He took 4 steps to get to the kid. He may have not meant to hurt him but his intent to do what he did was clear. I have never seen this done as a strategy in all levels of football. What a joke

I have never seen this done as a strategy in all levels of football.
Swain teaching their kids to bend over and turn towards the center with their back to the defense is the strategy I've never seen before. That's a recipe to get a kid injured and I'm surprised they haven't had someone else get hurt before now if they've been employing that blocking scheme on XP's all season.

Ok if the kid from Swain is down blocking why would he not have tried to make a play on the ball? There was
Swain teaching their kids to bend over and turn towards the center with their back to the defense is the strategy I've never seen before. That's a recipe to get a kid injured and I'm surprised they haven't had someone else get hurt before now if they've been employing that blocking scheme on XP's all season.
The reason no one had been hurt before then is probably the fact most kids don’t do what the player from Murphy does during the play.

This play will be on Monday Night Football next year for The segment of
C’MON MAN!!!!

Last edited:
Ridiculous, This young man does nothing but play hard ,has never played dirty, if you think that was dirty or violent, then pull up some SMC videos of Murphy/ Swain / Robbinsville, if you don't bring physical you lose

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Murphy 63
Rosman 07

Robbinsville 31
Swain 14

Hayesville 22
Cherokee 21

I'll be surprised if your game is that close.

You thinking Hville pulls out the W on the Braves?
Our games have not been total blowouts..main reason being is our starters normally don't play but 2 1/2 qrts..I imagine it's a coaching strategy to keep more players healthy.

Playoff selections doesn't have anything to do non conference games.
Only conference finish.

Peewee 101 : never turn your side to opposing player while blocking or tackling !

Wildcard selections are based on conference records also therefore Andrews not playing a 7th game doesn't effect them whatsoever. Non conference games don't count at all for anything at all this season. There 4 and 2 record will be a certain wildcard spot. There will be 6 wildcard spots.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Swain's 3 and 3 record will also probably get a wildcard birth. The last one. Although a team like Chatham central could take that spot with a 3 and 2 record. Maxpreps would be the best way. Some conferences are abysmal

Last edited:
Reactions: Gentle Knight
Yes correct. And seeding is based on random draws. 1st place murphy robbinsville could be on the road the entire time. Or could play each other in 1st round. It's pretty rediculous

Nope was just trying to see if I can see the other side's point of view. He doesn't go above the shoulders and you're saying in the back but I've watched it slow motion and everything and he hit him in the side. It looks like if it broke something it would've been the kid's ribs but I guess it was the force. He did not lead with his helmet, the hit is with his forearms. It's not a dirty play for me and definitely not "the dirtiest play in the history of sports".
that was all head lol

Reactions: swainmom04
1. Smoky
2. Northwest
3. Mtn valley
4. W. Highlands
5. Yadkin
6. Football only A

Are these conferences all West?
Did I leave any out?

Last edited:
1. Smoky
2. Northwest
3. Mtn valley
4. W. Highlands
5. Yadkin
6. Football only A

Are these conferences all West?
Did I leave any out?

That looks right to me. So it would be 16 spots out of 38 teams by my count, 10 automatic bids (2 SMC, 1 NW, 1 MV, 1 WH, 1 YVC, 3 Football A) and 6 wild cards? That math seem right?

Last edited:
Folks in Franklin and Andrews have said as much in conversation.
That's real rich coming from Franklin this year. They had one kid wrenching and torquing ankles and sure enough he injured someone and another kid with the same last name who came in late repeatedly. The difference is I didn't get on here and try to trash their whole program over it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT