ADVERTISEMENT

SMC score.

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
Keep us updated. this will be the first game I have missed Rville play in along time. Last one I missed was the Rvill At Rosman game in 2013. Thats about 22 or 23 games in a row.

Never seen just 2 down linemen on D, but that's the way Swain's playing tonight. And it seems to be working. NH has something like single digits in offensive yardage through the 1st quarter. Lots of motion penalties, too.

7-0 Mitchell. 6:00 left in 2nd. Andrews out playing Mitchell as of now. Andrews line winning as of now

NH 7, Swain 6. 9-yard pass after a pick, the 2nd turnover of the night for Swain. Late in the 2nd. (edit: about 7:00 left in the 2nd.)

NH 7, Swain 6 at the half. Both sides trade interceptions right before halftime to make it Swain 3 turnovers, NH 2.

Don't know how this benefits the team. BK I'm sure Murphy or Robbinsville's JV teams could beat these guys

Reactions: mbdfan
Swain 14, NH 7. Cody with a 66-yard run, and the Devils make the 2-point conversion with a pass to Bowers. 11:25 or so left in the 3rd.

Swain 28, NH 14, about halfway through the 4th. Swain with a good sustained drive this time.

Swain 28, NH 21, final. Hope it's not too costly a victory, though... both Miller and Cody went out.

Mintz just had 100 yd. interception return!!

Braves up 20-14

Big win for the maroon machine tonight! Players and coaches worked their butts off his week and you can tell they wanted it!

Another goal line stand!!
Braves got ball with 6 min. left and 20-14 lead!

Dang!
Braves complete pass on 4th down and then fumbled!! Oh well, great game Braves!!! They never quit!!

Got good kicker, but he went out in 3rd qtr. and did not return.

Choctaw had an excellent QB. Big, strong and fast. Was a handful.

Braves played well, considering most of the game there were 2 freshmen and 3-4 sophomores on the field.

Swain started slow tonight but got it going in the second half on offense. Our defense played lights out again I thought. NH's QB was a very good player. I want to give a big shout out to two maroon Devils in particular. Jordan Cody is an absolute beast. He is hands down the best player in the SMC and I would put him right there as one of the best overall players in WNC. He is unreal. Trent Wright came through in the clutch for us tonight. This young man had a couple of hiccups tonight but fought back and made some very big plays in the second half and sealed the deal with a huge 4th down run late in the 4th. Way to go young man!

After last week some individuals called out coaches, players, and mocked everything down to the new uniforms. Tonight was a solid win for the entire team and they could have been wearing leopard print uni's and it wouldn't have mattered. The fact is if we would have played this way last week we would be 3-0. We didn't and we took a lose. We went back to the drawing board this week and the players and coaches earned a big win.

I was told to pass a message along to a very vocal fan both in the stands and on these boards, If you aren't behind the team 100% then stay at home. Great win tonight Devils!

As far as the other SMC teams go we had a pretty good night. Andrews battled a tough Mitchell team; Cherokee battled hard and lost a tough one; Rosman continued winning; and the Knights lost a tough one. Conference play will be fun to say the least this year. Til next week, SMC!

Don't know how this benefits the team. BK I'm sure Murphy or Robbinsville's JV teams could beat these guys
terrible scheduling, would've been better off playing Q Foundation again.

Last edited:
Hopefully that's a one and done game with the Carolina Wildcats. I dont know what the solution to scheduling is, but hopefully Murphy will have better luck next season.

Keep us updated. this will be the first game I have missed Rville play in along time. Last one I missed was the Rvill At Rosman game in 2013. Thats about 22 or 23 games in a row.
Who did Rville play and what was the score?

The Swain offense looked pretty sloppy throughout most of the game. The D-line seemed to be outstanding, but there is some room for improvement in our secondary. Both on offense and defense, #25 Cody carried the Swain team to a victory tonight. He is a multi-talented kid that has proven to accept any role, and thrive. If Swain's coaches are wise, they will give him more touches at running back this year. He definitely proved himself tonight.

And just to weigh in, I think the gray uniforms were pretty horrendous. We are the Maroon Devils, with colors of MAROON and WHITE... Gray can be a stripe here and there, but not the full color. Please quit trying to keep up with the college trend of implementing gray uniforms everywhere (UT, Texas Tech, WV...ect) and stick to tradition!

Get over it already with the uniforms. They were awesome. Everything else you said was pretty good. I thought we made a lot of progress in the 2nd half and our offensive line wore them down as the game went one. Defense played lights out most of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT