vs Monroe
Reidsville vs Maiden
Kings Mountain vs East Lincoln
South Point
vs East Guilford
Grimsley vs Hough

Dang everyone in the SMC picking MA except one. We are doomed
I’m counting on it…
Last week Rville was leader something like 12-7 according to one poster who kept bringing it up…

Last edited:
Eastern Randolph vs Mt Airy
Draughn vs Andrews
AC Reynolds vs Weddington
Burns
vs Monroe
Reidsville vs Maiden
Kings Mountain
vs East Lincoln
South Point vs East Guilford
Grimsley vs Hough

• Love
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yes sir. I totally understand. Regional bias is a thing everywhere even though it doesn’t apply exactly to this particular pick.
Definitely not bias towards Mt Airy it's just that last year they really should have beaten Mitchell but self imploded and from what I understand they were young and got most of the team back.
But I guess I do have some regional bias and will probably be pulling for the Andrews - Draughn winner to win the West one is a fellow WHC team and the other a mountain and like some say a kinda cousin SMC team plus with the future Cherokee county consolidation could be their last chance as Andrews high school.

Definitely not bias towards Mt Airy it's just that last year they really should have beaten Mitchell but self imploded and from what I understand they were young and got most of the team back.
But I guess I do have some regional bias and will probably be pulling for the Andrews - Draughn winner to win the West one is a fellow WHC team and the other a mountain and like some say a kinda cousin SMC team plus with the future Cherokee county consolidation could be their last chance as Andrews high school.
Sir I understand both. Mt Airy is a fine pick in what hopefully is a toss up game. Also everyone thinks their area has best teams, especially when that area has had success in past. Plus it’s a contest. Have to play to win.

Does anyone understand what the "Mt" stand for in Mt Airy?
Mount as in Mountain. As in the foothills of the Blue Ridge. Having lived in Valdese for 4 years, I can tell one and all Valdese is not as close to the Mountains as is Mt Airy!
Da

• Haha
Reactions: thekidd12
Mount as in Mountain. As in the foothills of the Blue Ridge. Having lived in Valdese for 4 years, I can tell one and all Valdese is not as close to the Mountains as is Mt Airy!
Da
Much tougher?
Mister T?
More talented?
Mayberry Town?

I will say, other than buzz being slightly over enthusiastic, the posters have been very civil and polite. Hopefully it carries over after the game win or lose…

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Da
I didn't say that Mt Airy didn't have mountains and didn't mention Draughn as far as mountains go just that they are a member of the WHC.
But that said county wide Burke county actually has serval mountains that may not be the highest but are considered part of the Blue Ridge Mountains the highest one is Table Rock Mtn @ 3,980 ft in the Linville Gorge. Surry county's highest mountain is Fishers Peak @ 3,570 ft.
The towns themselves Valdese elevation is 1,217 ft - Mt Airy 1,115 ft.

Mt Airy
Andrews
AC Reynolds
Monroe
Reidsville
Kings Mountain
South Point
Hough

Ouch 5-3
Finals
Mt Airy 35 Eastern Randolph 17
Draughn 42 Andrews 21 😲
Weddington 17 AC Reynolds 10
Burns 49 Monroe 40
Reidsville 34 Maiden 17
East Lincoln 46 Kings Mtn 20 😲
South Point 28 East Guilford 25
Grimsley 40 Hough 37 🤏

Antique fan congrats on taking 2 game lead on me. Belt was nice while it lasted i went 3-5 tonight yikes I'm getting worse as season goes on

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
I didn't say that Mt Airy didn't have mountains and didn't mention Draughn as far as mountains go just that they are a member of the WHC.
But that said county wide Burke county actually has serval mountains that may not be the highest but are considered part of the Blue Ridge Mountains the highest one is Table Rock Mtn @ 3,980 ft in the Linville Gorge. Surry county's highest mountain is Fishers Peak @ 3,570 ft.
The towns themselves Valdese elevation is 1,217 ft - Mt Airy 1,115 ft.
Blue Ridge Parkway and Mountain is about 8 miles to the North of MA High School.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT