ADVERTISEMENT

SMC breakdown

Feb 3, 2015
I feel like there is a lot of confusion as to how the top of the smoky mountain conference will finish out so I am going to attempt to break it down a little. First off the big smoky mountain conference is made up 7 total teams (Andrews, Cherokee, Hayesville, Murphy, Robbinsville, Rosman, and Cherokee) each team will play a total of 12 conference games (2 against each opponent) The big smoky is completely separate from the the little smoky (Blue Ridge, Hiawassee Dam, Highland, and Nantahalla).

Boys: Right now Hayesville is alone at the top of the conference at 10-1 then comes Cherokee is alone in second at 9-2 then comes Robbinsville alone in third at 8-3. So we will assume Cherokee beats Rosman in their last game (won by 30 first time they played them) and finishes 10-2. Then what it will come down to Robbinsville at Hayesville which the first time they played Hayesville won in overtime in a fantastic game. If Hayesville wins they win the conference, Cherokee comes in second and Robbinsville comes in third. If Robbinsville wins Hayesville and Cherokee tie for first in the conference Robbinsville will come in third (there would be no three way tie because Robbinsville lost to Rosman earlier in the year and already have three conference losses) and it will then come down to who has the better finish in the conference tournament.

Girls: Right now Hayesville is alone at the top of the conference at 10-1 then
comes Cherokee is tied in second at 9-2 then with Robbinsville also at 9-2 (Maxpreps does not show whether or not Robbinsville beat Rosman but I am pretty sure that they did but someone correct me if I am wrong). So we will assume Cherokee beats Rosman (beat them by 37 first time they played) and finishes 10-2. Then what it will come down to Robbinsville at Hayesville which the first time they played Hayesville won by 11 but it was a competitive game. If Hayesville wins they win the conference, Cherokee comes in second and Robbinsville comes in third. If Robbinsville wins Hayesville, Cherokee, and Robbinsville tie for first in the conference and it will then come down to who has the better finish in the conference tournament to place the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seed.

I hope this helps everyone a little bit and feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong if I did then I will edit the post so its accurate. This conference can end a little crazy this year a lot will be riding on the boys and girls game Robbinsville@Hayesville Tuesday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT