ADVERTISEMENT

SimmonsRatings Playoff Bracket Projections

There's no logical way that Lexington should be seeded ahead of Thomasville. Thomasville beat them head to head. Had the same overall ten game record, and finished two spots ahead of them in the conference. But that's par for the course for the state. If there's a bright side, we'll travel an hour less each way to absorb our butt kicking than Lexington will for theirs.

Key word there is logical. Since when has the NCHSAA done anything logical?

footballstar_17 has my line of thinking on the Thomasville-Lexington-Carver situation.

Regarding the Northeastern-Coastal, somebody had to be #1 for purposes of doing a bracket. I picked NE, but Edenton or Hertford Co. could also be #1 in drawing.

Regarding the Eastern Plains, I have FC losing to NoJo and being out. If FC wins then FC is in. Winner of SWE-Wash is in as a #1 seed because they will be AA(probably). Loser is out. If NoJo wins they would also get #1 because they will be A.
I'm sure you're right, Simmons. Just makes no sense to compare records of teams across the board before comparing head to head within a conference. Thomasville leads Lexington in every logical comparison.

footballstar_17 has my line of thinking on the Thomasville-Lexington-Carver situation.

Regarding the Northeastern-Coastal, somebody had to be #1 for purposes of doing a bracket. I picked NE, but Edenton or Hertford Co. could also be #1 in drawing.

Regarding the Eastern Plains, I have FC losing to NoJo and being out. If FC wins then FC is in. Winner of SWE-Wash is in as a #1 seed because they will be AA(probably). Loser is out. If NoJo wins they would also get #1 because they will be A.
Simmons wouldn't the head to head come in to play with NoJo and either SWE or Wash because they beat them both. An outright conference champ would be declared before any seeding.

Doesn't each conference only get one number one seed, regardless if it's for A or AA in the playoffs?

Doesn't each conference only get one number one seed, regardless if it's for A or AA in the playoffs?

I emailed NCHSAA and got this response. This answer comes from Tra Walters, NCHSAA Assistant Commissioner when asked if teams tied for conference championship going to different subdivisions still both get seeded as #1s he said YES. So if Simmons is only giving one team a one seed then it could shake up what he has. No knock on his work, he does a great job. Football seeding is one of the world's greatest mazes to navigate!

wtxycolor answered this for me on another thread. If teams are co-conference champs and one goes A and the other goes AA, they both get a #1 seed.

As bad as Thomasville can be, still can't see them lower than Lexington seeing they beat them and have the same record no matter how they do it. When I looked over at max preps Thomasville (57) is ranked higher also than Lexington (62).

As bad as Thomasville can be, still can't see them lower than Lexington seeing they beat them and have the same record no matter how they do it. When I looked over at max preps Thomasville (57) is ranked higher also than Lexington (62).
Apparently, it is affected by the number of 5-5 teams in the west. The state really needs to tweak that formula. As many posters have said, the current method only encourages teams to set up the weakest non-conference schedule possible. Only so many teams can schedule South Davidson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT