ADVERTISEMENT

SimmonsRatings Playoff Bracket Projections

Just because they are defending state champs doesn't mean they will be ranked higher than another undefeated team the next year. Plus how do you really rank high school teams when there are so many different areas schools who don't have any common opponents. Imo coin flip is better than some computer rankings that can in no way rank every school fairly.

Brian Simmons usually does a good job of it.
IMO his rankings would be better than max preps.

That is a conclusion one gets if they think its all about them......it's not!!!!!!!!!!!

You a-hole....You just cost me 10 bucks...I bet a burns baby would be first to cry. But since you responded. I guess that means the raider faithful are gettin nervous.

So happy to see Crest fall to 3A and pulled for them to win the coin toss. Raiders path just became easier. Do not see anyway that Crest gets by Hibriten but hope they do and the Raiders get a chance to extend their streak against the Chargers.

I'm calling it now......Crest represents the western half in the 3A state championships!

You haven't seen them play. I doubt it. Their defense is great, but the offense is not even average.

We had a team exactly like that in 2009, we scored 9,9, and 14 points in the last three rounds of the playoffs to win the title. Defense can win championships, I've witnessed it with my team!

I understand that. But it's very hard to do. They could struggle against Hibriten seeing as how they run the Wing T. They had a hard time against South Point early in the year when SP wasn't playing well. Teams like that keep that defense on the field a long time and they get tired.

Reactions: coondog8585
We had a team exactly like that in 2009, we scored 9,9, and 14 points in the last three rounds of the playoffs to win the title. Defense can win championships, I've witnessed it with my team!
Who did yall play that year who couldn't kick a FG?

We beat Mt Tabor 9-7 in 3rd round, we beat Dudley 9-8 in Semi's, in a freakin mud bowl literally, and beat Harnett Central in finals 14-13, we blocked a FG at the buzzer to win!

The current Raider teams roll the Chargers more than the 27-12 game to start the season. Chargers will never see the Raiders team this playoff as Hibriten or other will take them out.

Need a little help......If Aycock is out in 3A, the next team in is Cox Mill 3AA.....the smallest 3AA is Concord?

If Concord moves to 3A....Cox Mill comes in at 8MW...C Cab moves to 7MW, Cuthbertson 6MW, and Ledford to 5MW......does that make sense, and does anyone else see this?

Need a little help......If Aycock is out in 3A, the next team in is Cox Mill 3AA.....the smallest 3AA is Concord?

If Concord moves to 3A....Cox Mill comes in at 8MW...C Cab moves to 7MW, Cuthbertson 6MW, and Ledford to 5MW......does that make sense, and does anyone else see this?

OK I think it's like this......Aycock 3A ME is OUT.....Next team in would be Cox Mill 3AA MW8.....moves Eastern Alamance from 3AA to 3A......Moving Cox Mill into the Western (MW/W) part of the bracket moves Ledford over to the Eastern part (ME)......changes a few seedings

Reactions: beamer24
Not so fast my friends......Corinth Holders 3AA team. By gaining the forfeit win, they get to 3-7 with a better conference winning % than Cox Mill......Could it possibly go like this? Aycock 3A OUT......CH gets in 3AA in the Eastern part.....and Eastern Alamance goes down to 3A

OK I think it's like this......Aycock 3A ME is OUT.....Next team in would be Cox Mill 3AA MW8.....moves Eastern Alamance from 3AA to 3A......Moving Cox Mill into the Western (MW/W) part of the bracket moves Ledford over to the Eastern part (ME)......changes a few seedings

The worst part of this is now it moves the team with the worst record in 3A east from a no 8 seed to a no 2 seed with a 4-6 record because now they finish first in their classification of a split conference

Brackets updated through Friday's games. Asked someone in NCHSAA about KM-Crest-Burns. Because Crest won the draw, they will receive a 1 and no one else will. Even though KM is going 3AA and Crest and Burns are going 3A, KM will be an at-large.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT