Bricen Kee

Defense
Malaki Hamrick
Santana Hopper
Ta'Darrin Griffin
Samuel Baldree
Tyler Boyce
Jaden Pierce
I will be at this game, thankfully. I didn’t make it to the jamboree due to working, but what’s your assessment of what you saw from the Lions, especially offensively, from the backs and quarterback? Keep it humble, bro. Scrimmages are not barometers for how good a team will be. They’re just glorified practices. I do expect this to be a strong Shelby team, though. @SHS LION Chime in, Realville native.

Last edited:
Shelby Players to Watch

Offense
Daylin Lee
Izay Bridges
Jabar Mayze
Demetrius Thompson
Marquis Adams
Bricen Kee

Defense
Malaki Hamrick
Santana Hopper
Ta'Darrin Griffin
Samuel Baldree
Tyler Boyce
Jaden Pierce
And, don’t forget about Kamari Houze, the fastest player on the team. I’m hearing the sophomore will be special.

Last edited:
Shelby Players to Watch

Offense
Daylin Lee
Izay Bridges
Jabar Mayze
Demetrius Thompson
Marquis Adams
Bricen Kee

Defense
Malaki Hamrick
Santana Hopper
Ta'Darrin Griffin
Samuel Baldree
Tyler Boyce
Jaden Pierce
Just from what I saw of Shelby & KM Friday at the jamboree, this has the potential to be an incredible game. I'll take Shelby by 3 but man it should be a great one.
Not seeing any Shelby OL in players to watch list.

Reactions: UNC91
Due to working way to much I haven't had the chance to see this years version at all. O line for me is the biggest concern, usually a team is only as good as their O line. Also I've heard Malaki is playing middle linebacker. I just know this kid made all state at DE cause no one could block. Let UNC worry about where he is going to play. I think skill positions we will find our way, might take a few games. Izay is a game changer and Lee has the arm to get it to him. On Lee everyone needs to realize he is just a junior and he will have some struggles, everyone just be patient it will work out. Last and I know I'm going back to last year but I just hope defensively we can hold teams to less than half what we did last year.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
I for one was impressed with way boys didn't give up at end. But instead played to win.
Last years team had to many Disruptions to many hot heads.
Still got things to work on, but defense against run will be tough. Sec I'll have to see, but gave to much up Fri.
Offense wise Lee did well I thought, made good decisions alot of speed on offense..
Ready to get rolling..

I will be at this game, thankfully. I didn’t make it to the jamboree due to working, but what’s your assessment of what you saw from the Lions, especially offensively, from the backs and quarterback? Keep it humble, bro. Scrimmages are not barometers for how good a team will be. They’re just glorified practices. I do expect this to be a strong Shelby team, though. @SHS LION Chime in, Realville native.
Offensively I think we are close to 2015-2016 seriously. We get there if Daylin progresses the way I think he will. If he doesn't then oh boy.

Not getting over confident, just posting the guys I think will be impactful this year. As a former player, i sometime think guys don't get the looks they should. mentioning their names is my way of doing that.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Let's see if the Shelby hype train is derailed like it was this Spring.
ha ha, no hype train at all. i expect friday to be a tough game for shelby. just stating we have the talent to rebound from last year. the guys still have to make it happen.

we get excited about our team around these parts. all those banners and trophies in the field house make that happen. oh yea and those really big rings we have.

That's not my strong spot on the squad. I've heard good things, maybe @shelbyfan1 can chime in.
Lol, me and SHSTiger sit at game together, think, what is meant by that is we all know line play is a key to success.
I thought our run blocking was better then the pass blocking fri, normally it's other way around.
We still got to remind ourselves it was 1st scrimmage for us, others got rained out.
But I think we be fine, just need to use more short passes instead of homeruns..

Hard to see many points scored in this game. Both defenses are stout. Expect both defenses will blitz like crazy to rattle untested QB’s. Should be a fun game to watch

Reactions: notanyonesfan
I think be close game too, I'm thinking a 3 to 6 pt game maybe even 10.
Turnovers will play big roll.
Can Km move ball in air...
Can Km defend the pass better then last year.
Can Shelby stop 2 headed monster in rbs for Km.
Can't wait will be good one

I suspect those Mighty Mountaineers will beat the brakes off those poor putty cats. KM 99 SHELBY 3 HAH! 🤣

ha ha, no hype train at all. i expect friday to be a tough game for shelby. just stating we have the talent to rebound from last year. the guys still have to make it happen.

we get excited about our team around these parts. all those banners and trophies in the field house make that happen. oh yea and those really big rings we have.

echoing your thoughts in that last paragraph, i just saw this stat: 109-26

in 37 state playoff appearances, shelby is 109-26. that makes for .807 winning percentage. maintaining 80% over nearly 40 years of playoff football is a remarkable anomaly.

ha sign me up for the job of “hyping” the shelby program. a lot of talent, tradition, and stats to work with … it’d be the easiest job on the planet.

echoing your thoughts in that last paragraph, i just saw this stat: 109-26

in 37 state playoff appearances, shelby is 109-26. that makes for .807 winning percentage. maintaining 80% over nearly 40 years of playoff football is a remarkable anomaly.

ha sign me up for the job of “hyping” the shelby program. a lot of talent, tradition, and stats to work with … it’d be the easiest job on the planet.
go shelby go shelby go, go lions go lions go! i can't wait until tonight! good luck to km, let's have a great game!

Saw pisgah back in 06 against Shelby, one of the best games I've ever seen. Welcome to the Ranch. Should be a good game. Pisgah might surprise my chargers.

tate is my nephew!!!! i think i mentioned this earlier in the year. he is an awesome kid too, not just a great football player!

I told his mother last night he's real deal, she was sitting behind Norris daddy which is a friend and to tell how old I am, I use to take daddy Norris to supper club..lol
But yes that JV team surprised me

Km doing video of it, there not allowing anyone else too, think u have to pay, when we are at home we will stream our games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT