ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs KM 8/20/21

UNC 91, u sure your not a wanna be Shelby fan, damn u post more bout Shelby then your own team...

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I thought Lee looked great. Our receives are extremely fast and are a threat to score on almost every play. Running gun needs some work I think more O line getting better than the RB. On defense the front 6 or 7 looked pretty good. DB's had a hard time covering WR's got beat way to many times. This is all things we can improve on and hopefully get better as long as the injury bug doesn't hit. Hopefully the heat is not going to affect Demario going forward or least that is what it looked like (it was extremely hot and humid so I understand). I didn't what went on after the game, but if we were doing that I don't care what KM did last year we ARE Shelby and we ARE supposed to be better than that. If you don't like what another team before just beat them worse on the scoreboard. Keep the mouthing out of it, that will get us a reputation and believe the refs will flag us the rest of the year for it. I know Pearly, Jim, John Boy, and Lance wouldn't let that go on and Willbanks shouldn't either.

On a personal observation I thought the game was way over officiated, they called some picky personal fouls last night on both teams, more on KM.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I thought Lee looked great. Our receives are extremely fast and are a threat to score on almost every play. Running gun needs some work I think more O line getting better than the RB. On defense the front 6 or 7 looked pretty good. DB's had a hard time covering WR's got beat way to many times. This is all things we can improve on and hopefully get better as long as the injury bug doesn't hit. Hopefully the heat is not going to affect Demario going forward or least that is what it looked like (it was extremely hot and humid so I understand). I didn't what went on after the game, but if we were doing that I don't care what KM did last year we ARE Shelby and we ARE supposed to be better than that. If you don't like what another team before just beat them worse on the scoreboard. Keep the mouthing out of it, that will get us a reputation and believe the refs will flag us the rest of the year for it. I know Pearly, Jim, John Boy, and Lance wouldn't let that go on and Willbanks shouldn't either.

On a personal observation I thought the game was way over officiated, they called some picky personal fouls last night on both teams, more on KM.
KM had 38 more penalty yards than Shelby on the stats I received. Both teams had way too many, and is something that is controllable. I believe some KM's were out of frustration near the end. Normally Shelby is on the short end of the stick regarding penalties as they averaged almost a 100 yards per game in the spring. I think KM has a good team, and hope they do not let this game beat them twice. I left immediately after the game and missed the extracurricular activities, but hope everyone understands this is a long standing rivalry with a lot of pride, emotion, and testosterone flowing.

Last edited:
Reactions: shelbyfan1

The kid looks 140lbs soak and wet.

Kings Mtn must like using those tiny running backs.

During the Spring playoffs, it was either this kid or another mini back KM used against Monroe and the line backer from Monroe did the exact same WWE flip and slam. The kid didnt get up and sat out for the rest of the qtr. Came back in late in the game.

Saw the same thing in the Crest/Havelock title game. Havelock and a mini back and Crest tossed him around a few times like he was a rag doll.

Last edited:
The kid looks 140lbs soak and wet.

Kings Mtn must like using those tiny running backs.

During the Spring playoffs, it was either this kid or another mini back KM used against Monroe and the line backer from Monroe did the exact same WWE flip and slam. The kid didnt get up and sat out for the rest of the qtr. Came back in late in the game.

Saw the same thing in the Crest/Havelock title game. Havelock and a mini back and Crest tossed him around a few times like he was a rag doll.
Nevertheless, you know Shelby is coming strong this season. You won’t be too quick to bet against the Lions this season.

i think 2a, top 5 top teams, are stronger this year than the top 5 teams in 3a. time will tell. Monoroe is definitely a top 5 2a team!

Reactions: Crestuff
Why is that? Qb looked sketchy all night.....

977b66bdf085df049a2df77a61e74dce4b675c1f22a602feb28c6a6081036bc3.jpg

Stop it, big bro.

Daylin Lee, Shelby: Making his first varsity start, the junior quarterback completed 21-of-34 passes for 338 yards and two touchdowns in a 37-14 win over Kings Mountain.

Watch little vid on YouTube. He took some major hits? Fumbled a few times? KM definitely looked over matched, but shelby QB didnt Impress, of what I saw. About 12 min vid

Watch little vid on YouTube. He took some major hits? Fumbled a few times? KM definitely looked over matched, but shelby QB didnt Impress, of what I saw. About 12 min vid
Have to give the KM defense some credit. A week before the game, and you can see the comments in Cleveland County Jamboree thread, people were saying KM looked to be the most impressive team at the jamboree. After Shelby humbled them, though, it’s now that we see these comments about them not possibly being all that.

In regards to the quarterback, he’s not that physically imposing, 6’2” and very slim. In my opinion, he’s not going to wow anyone, athletically, but he’s athletic enough. He can extend plays, and keep the chains moving with his mobility.

Like his brother, an all time great at the same position,(2015) he plays with a high iq. He doesn’t waste a lot of plays holding onto the ball for too long. I know it’s one game, but I was very impressed. I think the young man can be special.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHS LION and UNC91
He fumbled once on a hand off, no ints
21-34 and bout 5 of thoses were drops on the money, rec just dropped it.
I for one last year didn't know if he be man for job, but he has done 360 turn around and only a Jr. We are in good hands

At UNC91 I bet any other high school would love to have those stats every Friday night from their QB. If they did would win lot of games. He is only going to get better with experience! Expect more from another UNC fan. I bet you think Sam Howell is sketchy at times. Letting your feelings about Shelby cloud your mind.

At UNC91 I bet any other high school would love to have those stats every Friday night from their QB. If they did would win lot of games. He is only going to get better with experience! Expect more from another UNC fan. I bet you think Sam Howell is sketchy at times. Letting your feelings about Shelby cloud your mind.
Are there going to be a Shelby - AC Reynolds JV game tomorrow?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT