ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Burns (Conference title)

Shelby Lion

Oct 3, 2002
Dirty Ankle, NC
I know this is 3a but we all spend all our time over here, so if the mods would be so kind to allow it to stay over here it would be great , if not I understand

Shelby vs Burns for the conference title...not going to lie that Burns running game scares me..... I was texting one of those infidels earlier during the game tickled to death that a bunch of my former kids at UC were having great games.....

Anyway love those kids but rumor is when it comes to the fans, you could add them together at the medula oblongata and they wouldnt have the mental capactity to strike a match

Thats the rumor on Dirty Ankle road anyway

Shelby by 8 (Ill tweak as the week goes one)

Bring on the noise Bulldog fans..... Lets have fun this week, its as it should be Us and Yall for all the conference marbles

(only thing left is some Crest fan posting Barney and another pic of Devine in our thread like I did theirs)

Last edited:
With the exception of last year when Shelby ran away in the 2nd half, these Burns/Shelby games are always close. But Shelby should be the favorites this week. For Burns to have any chance at all we have to be able to throw the ball some.

Afraid ,that no matter who wins they won't go far in the playoffs because of the super weak conference.
Last night was incredibly hard to watch. Still going to have to pull for my Bulldogs, I know you secretly will be as well.
Shelby has been in the conference for 4 years and has 1 State Championship and 1 Western Championship appearance with loss to Reidsvile. And this year is yet to be determined.

I know this is 3a but we all spend all our time over here, so if the mods would be so kind to allow it to stay over here it would be great , if not I understand

Shelby vs Burns for the conference title...not going to lie that Burns running game scares me..... I was texting one of those infidels earlier during the game tickled to death that a bunch of my former kids at UC were having great games.....

Anyway love those kids but rumor is when it comes to the fans, you could add them together at the medula oblongata and they wouldnt have the mental capactity to strike a match

Thats the rumor on Dirty Ankle road anyway

Shelby by 8 (Ill tweak as the week goes one)

Bring on the noise Bulldog fans..... Lets have fun this week, its as it should be Us and Yall for all the conference marbles

(only thing left is some Crest fan posting Barney and another pic of Devine in our thread like I did theirs)

you're not 3A anymore but still want to be relevant in 3A,

Two old glory midgets with small acorns yet still want to be seen as equal to the big boys

This is a big and unexpected game for the title. Preseason I had Bessemer City and East Gaston playing for the championship.
You and I are opposite sides. I had HT and TJ.

The good thing about this game is we both will know how good we are leading into the playoffs. There was no test through conference. We need to play physical and wrap up on D. Pressure QB. On offense we have to be more balanced but not pass happy considering we know our bread and butter is the running game. Should be a great game.

• Haha
Reactions: crestcharger02
Agreed 02, we have to be able to throw it a little to help our run game. However, getting the run game going early will be key. That could open up the play-action for big gains. We haven't had to defend the pass since Kings Mountain and Crest the first week of September. So that's scary. No matter what, it's great to have some anticipation for a game this week.

Common Opponents Burns 5-2, Shelby 6-1
Points Scored Burns 329, Shelby 367
Points Allowed Burns 101, Shelby 65

So what does that mean?

Crest sucks and I hate to say it, Shelby probably wins this week......

Common Opponents Burns 5-2, Shelby 6-1
Points Scored Burns 329, Shelby 367
Points Allowed Burns 101, Shelby 65

So what does that mean?

Crest sucks and I hate to say it, Shelby probably wins this week......
The main difference is the KM game in week 1. The two common opponents that matter are KM and Crest. We had every chance to beat Crest but could not keep up with KM. We also had a brand new qb so I am hoping the conference games helped some. Shelby was never in the Crest game but got ahead late and didn't look back against KM. Does not mean much but if they come in and win we will know where we stand and same goes if we win. I know the stadium will be packed and not one player from Burns is coming in without confidence.

Reactions: Burns1985
This game will come down to who can impose their style of play in the game. Tackling those Burns running backs all game is a chore. Defending Shelby’s wideouts is an equally daunting chore. The defense that holds up the most in this game gives their team a great chance at a conference championship.

This game will come down to who can impose their style of play in the game. Tackling those Burns running backs all game is a chore. Defending Shelby’s wideouts is an equally daunting chore. The defense that holds up the most in this game gives their team a great chance at a conference championship.
People aren't mentioning Tristan Tate... hes nearing 1000 yards and I believe 17 tds.... Running and receiving threat

Should be a great game.....

Reactions: shutdownD24
We have one best Lb with hurt ankle out till playoffs,( but healing quick).
2 other players that came put with ankles, but not sure for fri..
Shelbys D been pretty good all year,
Wondering can Burns D will be able tp contain both run and pass of Shelby..
Going be a good one, David gets most oit of kids...

From the couple of games I’ve seen Burns play the rotate 3 backs and all run it well. If the line blocks decent and they can stay fresh, you’re right they’ll be a handful. Burns defending the pass could be an issue and might be the difference in the ball game. If Burns can get to the QB and force quick throws they’ll have a shot of slowing Shelby down but if they don’t it might be a long night as the back end of the defense struggled earlier in the season. Could come down to penalties or lack there of as Burns can’t afford to get behind the chains. I believe it’ll be a great game though. Trying to decide which CC game to go to but I’m leaning this one.

Reactions: shutdownD24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT