ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby @ Thomas Jefferson

they are cool. But they just basing it off last time we played
I watched the Shelby -Salisbury 2aa game at WF University before our matchup a couple years back. I stated some time back that neither of those teams that played that day would've beaten Reidsville or NE. Even though Shelby won they were playing against an opponent that struggled to beat one of our conference rivals Hertford County. I was disappointed, I came early just to see Shelby play.

I watched the Shelby -Salisbury 2aa game at WF University before our matchup a couple years back. I stated some time back that neither of those teams that played that day would've beaten Reidsville or NE. Even though Shelby won they were playing against an opponent that struggled to beat one of our conference rivals Hertford County. I was disappointed, I came early just to see Shelby play.
Salisbury struggled to beat Hertford County, the same Hertford County team that beat Northeastern that year. Interesting….

Last edited:

Its a shame Reidsville and Shelby hasn't played between 2016 and 2020. Would have been some extreme dog fights.

Come on goob

that shelby team completely destroyed that Salisbury team. Neutral sight record for lowest yards in a title game! Salisbury was made to look that bad against a superior defensive team bottom line! That same Salisbury team that returned most if not all of that team to come back the next season and won it all

that northeastern team nor reidsville that year wouldn’t have fared any better against that version of shelby and those not wearing team color glasses know it

same could be said about spring ball! That version of shelby didn’t want any of reidsville! They would have blown us off the field! I call it like I see it

on to this year … I’m telling you now if this shelby team gets the offensive line together and the offense catches up they will be scary for any team in the west and yes that includes reidsville, Salisbury , chase etc! This defensive front is going to be a terror for 2a teams this year and I mean terror

Come on goob

that shelby team completely destroyed that Salisbury team. Neutral sight record for lowest yards in a title game! Salisbury was made to look that bad against a superior defensive team bottom line! That same Salisbury team that returned most if not all of that team to come back the next season and won it all

that northeastern team nor reidsville that year wouldn’t have fared any better against that version of shelby and those not wearing team color glasses know it

same could be said about spring ball! That version of shelby didn’t want any of reidsville! They would have blown us off the field! I call it like I see it

on to this year … I’m telling you now if this shelby team gets the offensive line together and the offense catches up they will be scary for any team in the west and yes that includes reidsville, Salisbury , chase etc! This defensive front is going to be a terror for 2a teams this year and I mean terror

I disagree, not sure reidsville wins in 2019, but don’t think it’s a blowout

Could you let us posters from the East know who they are please. Over here in Elizabeth City we haven't figured out how to do that yet. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated 😘
Chase, Monroe, Burns, Maiden, Hendersonville, Shelby, Salisbury

to be fair, at least 3 of these teams or more are inconsistent with their play and kind of clumsy with a Jekyl and Hyde personality, so it depends on who shows up.

Reidsville has been dealing with covid also so Im not sure when/if they will be 100%

Sure as heck ain’t Hendersonville. You barely beat a 1-3 RS Central. I don’t get this sleeping on Shelby. We beat KM and ACR, they both have been smashing teams ever since. You guys who are sleeping on Shelby, are in for a rude awakening, though.
Come on goob

you tend to play up or down to the level of competition some quarters. This can lose you the game against an equal or better team if youre not consistent for 4 quarters.

Come on goob

We're looking forward for a shot a Shelby. We can't beat Reidsville and they are the Football Capital of NC, so your Lions are next in line. Although I sure would love to play Maiden if we by chance win the east. I know Chopper said Cummings and East Duplin are the teams to beat and I know he's almost always right. I shouldn't overlook them at all.

The 19 game was at 11am and overcast rainy and cool and we still won 35 to 0.
I was there, I didn't think Shelby looked good at all. I'm pretty certain NE would've hung 50 plus on that Salisbury team. Of course we can't beat Reidsville, but in all fairness they are the best 2a/2aa team in NC year in and year out. NOBODY can beat the RAMS, not even our NE Eagles.

Is it true that Shelby is scared to schedule you Rams? That's what I heard from some Rams fans. I know WRH won't play us @dogs79 😂😂. Let me stop John, I'm just trying to aggravate you.
Why does people always use that, I bet there scared to play..
Alot of u people don't understand how it works in high school football...
It's all to do with money, both Reidsville and Shelby are 5 hrs apart...it's cost to get a team 5 hrs away.and if u meet halfway u going have to pay for a place...
Teams like these 2 play the season so they can maybe meet in playoffs or championship.
There will be some good football in 2a this year.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Why does people always use that, I bet there scared to play..
Alot of u people don't understand how it works in high school football...
It's all to do with money, both Reidsville and Shelby are 5 hrs apart...it's cost to get a team 5 hrs away.and if u meet halfway u going have to pay for a place...
Teams like these 2 play the season so they can maybe meet in playoffs or championship.
There will be some good football in 2a this year.
Only 5 hrs? Well that shouldn’t be a problem. When we play teams down south we travel 3-5 hrs for ooc games. 2a Schools like Northeastern,Currituck County, and First Flight regularly travel long distances to play. We are isolated from most of the power fb schools.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Only 5 hrs? Well that shouldn’t be a problem. When we play teams down south we travel 3-5 hrs for ooc games. 2a Schools like Northeastern,Currituck County, and First Flight regularly travel long distances to play. We are isolated from most of the power fb schools.
I know where your at, my Son is a strength and conditioning coach at John Paul Catholic school by East Carolina

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT