ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby continues to stand while Rich Co, Independence continue to slide.

Originally posted by hokiemtc:
MC has reported 6 straight 10-0 seasons, been to 4 straight 4AA Western Region finals, and is the defending 4AA champ. The only teams to beat them since 2008 (their second year in existence) have been Indy ('00-'07 4AA champ), Vance (after UNC QB Marquise Williams went down with injury), Page ('11 4AA champ) and Butler ('09-'10, '12 4AA champ). They play tough schedules, and most of their wins over the past 7 seasons has been of the 40+ point variety.

I've seen worse resumes.
So a dynasty can be established based on one title? I'm not knocking MC at all, they are the best team currently in NC, but in my opinion one title is not a dynasty.

Or do you consider those "worse resumes" to also be dynastic?

Mallard Creek also had 3 opening for next year, which we gave the contact information to the loud mouth guy from Shelby 2 months ago. Never heard from anyone? That just lets me know you are a Homer Fanatical Delusional Fan with no juice. The guy who runs his mouth than runs to the back of the room.....lmao!

This post was edited on 12/2 8:14 PM by nepsy7
Huh? I'm not from Shelby. I'm not sure that I've ever even posted anything on a Shelby thread (unless this counts as one).

I just made the point that one title isn't a dynasty. Lakers, Spurs, Yankees, Bulls, UCLA basketball, UConn's women's basketball, UNC women's soccer, De Le Salle football, Charlotte Indy football, etc, etc were dynasties because they had multiple titles. MC is capable of getting there, but not there yet.

Remember, the Buffalo Bills made it to 4 straight Super Bowls, but aren't referred to as a dynasty. Why do you suppose that is?

Mr. Jumbob.

That Shelby feed back was not for you.. I agree with you on the dynasty, School has not been open long enough to be considered a dynasty. I was only responding on how i could see how some one from Cali could make the mistake, I doubt you could find anyone from MC would put them in Dynasty conversation.

Nepsy, I got you. Good comment.

MC is really, really good. I'm a Heels fan and have enjoyed watching Marquise Williams continue to grow as a QB and as a leader and have nothing but respect for MC for producing such a player/person.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
Btango- are you related to someone at the NCHSAA?
No sir. I know the people in the office from interaction at meetings and sporting events and have did some volunteer work for them in the past.

CalPreps is a website that utilizes a computerized ranking power system to predict games and rankings. It started in 2001 as a California site but has been doing national games since 2003. The poll listed would base teams on their power ranking which takes into account how two teams would matchup if they played. It's a computer.

Originally posted by jumbob:

Originally posted by hokiemtc:
MC has reported 6 straight 10-0 seasons, been to 4 straight 4AA Western Region finals, and is the defending 4AA champ. The only teams to beat them since 2008 (their second year in existence) have been Indy ('00-'07 4AA champ), Vance (after UNC QB Marquise Williams went down with injury), Page ('11 4AA champ) and Butler ('09-'10, '12 4AA champ). They play tough schedules, and most of their wins over the past 7 seasons has been of the 40+ point variety.

I've seen worse resumes.
So a dynasty can be established based on one title? I'm not knocking MC at all, they are the best team currently in NC, but in my opinion one title is not a dynasty.

Or do you consider those "worse resumes" to also be dynastic?
I think you failed to read the title of the webpage. It says best dynasties...SINCE 2003.

And yes, since 2003, Mallard Creek absolutely belongs somewhere near the top of the list.

This post was edited on 12/3 12:13 AM by hokiemtc

CalPreps is a website that utilizes a computerized ranking power system to predict games and rankings. It started in 2001 as a California site but has been doing national games since 2003. The poll listed would base teams on their power ranking which takes into account how two teams would matchup if they played. It's a computer.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
Btango- are you related to someone at the NCHSAA?[/QUOTE]
No sir. I know the people in the office from interaction at meetings and sporting events and have did some volunteer work for them in the past.

-----------------------------------------------------------

GDG: Just curious, you seemed to know a lot about some of the people such as Strunk went to Newton-Conover, and many details on Hickory. and the WNCHSAA Actually Strunk's dad was a professor at Lenior-Rhyne University and headed the business or accounting department. I'm sure you knew that. Had him for 4 classes.

One day I might pick your brain on the black high school from Hickory called Ridgeview from the segregation era. Interesting teams I have been told. As a caucasian we didn't hear much about it.

I do not know that much about Hickory. Cheerduck is the man to touch base with. A lot of knowledge about that area! Good guy too.

I just know Strunk as he has been with the NCHSAA for so long. I first met him when he was the SID at Lenior Rhyne.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT