ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby at Randleman

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Well, Randleman's season comes to an end. Shelby defeats them 51-41. Great game. Outstanding crowd.

I thought Randleman had an outstanding game plan on defense. The majority of their focus was on slowing down Pass and the Hollifield sisters. And they were doing an excellent job of that in the first half. They held Shelby to 17 points and were down by two going into halftime.

The turning point in this game was when Brooke Hartgrove caught fire. Randleman was daring her to beat them and she couldn't throw it in the ocean in the first half. However, she came out and hit a three from the left side to start the second half. Hartgrove remained hot and hit at least three more threes. Her stellar shooting opened up the Tiger defense a little bit and Shelby took advantage. Pass was able to take her defender off the dribble and set up other Lions inside for easy buckets.

As noted for their offense as they are, I thought the Hollifield sisters were absolutely outstanding on defense tonight. Their defensive play (and also Pass's defense) was a big factor in the Shelby win. Shelby overall did a good job defending Hall tonight. Hall got her points/boards but she wasn't nearly as impactful as in previous games.

Tough way to end the season for Randleman. I thought they played as about as good of a game as they could've. Good news is that Gracyn Hall and Elizabeth York come back for one last hurrah. Hannah Hinshaw had an outstanding game to cap off her career. Tigers will really miss her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT