ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby at Kings Mountain

We will enjoy our win and go work on what we need to this week.
Were sure KM will be ready! But u can bet we will be ready too...
Hoping we continue to. Not having turnovers...in 3 games 1 TO. A int in Crest game.
Shelbys secondary had 3 ints in Crest game. So im sure they be ready against KM QB.
Im going go out on limb say this Shelby team hss best rec. Since spread started...
Shelby 35- KM 28

This should be a great game and you better get there early.I watched the KM highlights last night and their QB looked really good.

This should be a great game and you better get there early.I watched the KM highlights last night and their QB looked really good.
This should be a very interesting game SHELBY has dominated the series over the years. My prediction BOTH teams will PLAY EXTREMELY HARD.

Reactions: SHS LION
This will be the first team that Shelby has played that can get pressure on Bess without blitzing. I am very interested in seeing how he can deal with that.

Reactions: shutdownD24
My opinion Kings Mountain underachieves in every sport with more athletes than anyone in the county. Shelby 42 KM 24 simply because of better X and O callers at Shelby.

Before the season started I said KM would have 2 disappointments this year... One against Shelby & the other against Catholic in the playoffs.... Unfortunately for KM nothing has changed... Shelby brings them back down to Earth for a week... 34-28 Golden Lions

Before the season started I said KM would have 2 disappointments this year... One against Shelby & the other against Catholic in the playoffs.... Unfortunately for KM nothing has changed... Shelby brings them back down to Earth for a week... 34-28 Golden Lions
I can come up with no less then 5 things that is wrong with your statement.

1 & 2: used KN and not KM.
3: will not lose to Shelby this year.
4: Charlotte Catholic will be lucky to get far enough to play Kings Mountain in the post season.
5: final score, Shelby 28 Kings Mountain 35

Lol I fixed #1 & #2 as quickly as I posted (for some reason my phone always autocorrects KM to KN)... # 3 unfortunately for you they will... # 4 losing a RB will not stop Catholic, sorry to tell you... # 5 keep dreaming my friend

Mountaineer 72, u seem pretty cocky bout who wins.
U same big dummys have said samething. Everyyear now for past 5 that u clam to have best team ever. And u will beat Shelby.
Bottom line 1st off our coaching staff better then yours.....
2nd. You guys talk like u can beat us but never can ...We own KM....
So stop acting like u know whos going win
And. Wait till game is played.
When u loose you Km guys will dissapper-----call for Lloyds head etc.....

U will face a team that will match u player for player or even better.
I know for a fact we have better 3 rec crew and our QB imo is better.
Fri. We going run them fat boys on Dline have them winded
And after a loss will u be on here fri night?

My opinion Kings Mountain underachieves in every sport with more athletes than anyone in the county. Shelby 42 KM 24 simply because of better X and O callers at Shelby.
I respect your opinion but disagree. Kings Mountain doesn’t underachieve in every sport. I would say they have been very good in most sports the past 5 years. Winning 4 of the last 5 Wells Fargo cups in their conference. I can see you trying to make a case for football underachieving but every sport? The Wells Fargo cup means you have the most successful athletic program in the conference. As far as football is concerned, losing in the 4th round to clearly the best team in the state and eventual state champions, Charlotte Catholic isn’t underachieving.

I would also argue that Shelby has the highest percentage of the better athletes in the county. Just my opinion, I respect yours

Mountaineer 72, u seem pretty cocky bout who wins.
U same big dummys have said samething. Everyyear now for past 5 that u clam to have best team ever. And u will beat Shelby.
Bottom line 1st off our coaching staff better then yours.....
2nd. You guys talk like u can beat us but never can ...We own KM....
So stop acting like u know whos going win
And. Wait till game is played.
When u loose you Km guys will dissapper-----call for Lloyds head etc.....
Please understand that 72 and MP are clowns and don’t reflect most KM fans.

Shelby has a great staff, no doubt. I wouldn't say they are better. At the HS level, it’s about the Jimmy’s and Joes and if you have more than the other team then more often than not you are going to win. Should be a great atmosphere and hopefully a competitive game.

I respect your opinion but disagree. Kings Mountain doesn’t underachieve in every sport. I would say they have been very good in most sports the past 5 years. Winning 4 of the last 5 Wells Fargo cups in their conference. I can see you trying to make a case for football underachieving but every sport? The Wells Fargo cup means you have the most successful athletic program in the conference. As far as football is concerned, losing in the 4th round to clearly the best team in the state and eventual state champions, Charlotte Catholic isn’t underachieving.

I would also argue that Shelby has the highest percentage of the better athletes in the county. Just my opinion, I respect yours
Why did I think golf when you said Wells Fargo Cup? I honestly thought you were about to say KM won a conference championship in Golf... I didn't know there was an overall "conference championship" of sorts in a combined sports effort... Either way, that's impressive

Reactions: setdarecordstr8
Call it cocky but this Friday we will back it up.
You better hope so. If not I wouldn’t come on here. Already saying the greatest show on turf. Good lord. That Burns win got to your head bad. Since then they beat teams we all knew they would beat. Beat Shelby and I’ll be a believer.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
You better hope so. If not I wouldn’t come on here. Already saying the greatest show on turf. Good lord. That Burns win got to your head bad. Since then they beat teams we all knew they would beat. Beat Shelby and I’ll be a believer.
And had to come back in a huge way against one of those

Setrecordst8, belive me im close to Shelby program.
I sat in fieldhouse last week talking to coaches about this game.
They respect KM, and know its going to be a dog fight.
I just said those things cause i know how some of the fans are.
I also know alot of the KM folks amd know thats not there way. Km just excited of what they have this year. And should be.
Going be a good one..get there early
And my buddy Robert Lutz daughter help alot in winning them cups...lol

Last edited:
Setrecordst8, belive me im close to Shelby program.
I sat in fieldhouse last week talking to coaches about this game.
They respect KM, and know its going to be a dog fight.
I just said those things cause i know how some of the fans are.
I also know alot of the KM folks amd know thats not there way. Km just excited of what they have this year. And should be.
Going be a good one..get there early
And my buddy Robert Lutz daughter help alot in winning them cups...lol
Natilie was a special athlete and an even better student. Great kid.

I'm excited about this one and I hope it is everything that is built up to be.This game is going to showcase a lot of really good football players from both teams and hope everybody comes out healthy.With both teams legit contenders for their state titles this game will do nothing but help them get ready for a state run.Go Lions.

Reactions: shelbyfan1

I look at it from the perspective of games I feel like KM should win they drop. And in basketball goodness, they are always loaded and will go 17-10 with a state championship-caliber team. Shelby has an edge on everyone right. KM is good but you can't play 4-3 cover 0 all night and best good teams

Shelby has a great staff, no doubt. I wouldn't say they are better. At the HS level, it’s about the Jimmy’s and Joes and if you have more than the other team then more often than not you are going to win. Should be a great atmosphere and hopefully a competitive game.
I would watch who you are calling a CLOWN.

Last edited:

KM fans and staff are great. So much so that I'll be at this game;)

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
This should be a great game. Both teams will be tested in certain areas on the field. I think whoever wins the kicking game and the turnover battle will win this game. One thing I will guarantee is that John Gamble Stadium will be rocking next Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT