ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby at Crest

XChamp15

Jan 21, 2015
Some have called this rivalry the greatest in NC. I’m not so sure.

Here we are on Tuesday afternoon and not one slander, slur, bad joke, critical observation has been hurled. No one is talking junk about the other. Even the barbershop crowd on Facebook is very quiet. What this shows me is neither fanbase is confident in their teams ability at this stage.

Crest unable to stop the run against Burns and Shelby giving up 51 points and a multitude of turnovers to AC Reynolds leaves both teams with big unanswered questions.

Think I heard that this game will get an official "nickname" Friday night and there'll be something to play for other than bragging rights.

Concord and Kannapolis ? That game hasn’t been relevant since EZ Smith was still coaching the spiders … wasn’t it called like the battle for the bell”? Well that bell is now the Laura Lynn version of what it once was … no one “wonders” who’s gonna win because no one cares …

Shelby by at least 14 Friday ! I know it , they know it , and the pig feet eating troglodytes sitting up top already cussing Coach Lloyd knows it ..,

Anything can happen in these games but my unbiased opinion on what little I know is if Shelby can run the ball successfully then Crest is in trouble on D because Shelby can throw it too. Shelby on the other hand couldn’t stop AC and Crest had weapons on Offense. Turnovers will decide this game. I know better than predicting and when I do the opposite happens so I’ll say I hope they both win. 😂

I was only messing with y'all. I will say that a lot of rivalries in the state as of late aren't living up to their past billing... Most notably, Page/Grimsley, Richmond/Scotland, Ktown/Concord, and Crest/Shelby. Somewhat lackluster recently.

I will also say that while Page has dominated Grimsley in the past, Grimsley is now the better team for the past 4-5 years. So, that does make it very interesting.

Reactions: Chopper747
The slur and junk talking started with first post in the thread. Pressure is on Crest defense to rise up after rough showing Monday. Shelby won’t have another disaster offensive showing on Friday.

All nonsense aside if there is one thing Coach Lloyd was ALWAYS good at , its game planning for Shelby, he will have some stuff ready... The sly devil..... ha ha​
You never know with Crest and Shelby .. always back and forth​

Reactions: BurnsBullDog02
Two years ago we were about to go up 40 to nothing and then the movie script started and we lost like 60 to 58. This is why you just never know in this rivalry. Go Lions Crest sucks

Last edited:
I swear to god this game happens 3 times a year. The first game of the year is always crest and Shelby and then later on in September they play again and then in the 2nd round of the playoffs it somehow happens and they’re not even in the same damn division. And there are 8 generations of the same last names that have lived in Cleveland county since 1903 so you’re always hearing the same last names on both team whether the game is in 1973 or 2023.

I would be careful. Crest got this one play where the center snaps the ball and it gets optioned over to the actual QB who is disguised as a receiver. He (The QB Disguised as Receiver) then throws to a WIDE and I mean WIDE open receiver who was not the actual QB disguised as a receiver. The much smaller running back is there for nothing but distraction but at times and I mean AT TIMES... said RB (who appears to be the QB) will hand the ball off.
I tried to explain it but you guys will just have to see it for yourselves. Bottom line is Crest is going to BURN(S) <-- small pun... you up on this play. Go ahead and accept that 7-14 points WILL happen from that unbelievably designed play.

I would be careful. Crest got this one play where the center snaps the ball and it gets optioned over to the actual QB who is disguised as a receiver. He (The QB Disguised as Receiver) then throws to a WIDE and I mean WIDE open receiver who was not the actual QB disguised as a receiver. The much smaller running back is there for nothing but distraction but at times and I mean AT TIMES... said RB (who appears to be the QB) will hand the ball off.
I tried to explain it but you guys will just have to see it for yourselves. Bottom line is Crest is going to BURN(S) <-- small pun... you up on this play. Go ahead and accept that 7-14 points WILL happen from that unbelievably designed play.
Alex
I’ll take Play Design for a $1000 please

• Haha
Reactions: BurnsBullDog02
If we don’t DESIGN a D Line it want matter Friday nite😂😂😂

Hearing alot of banged up players for Crest, hope not both team need to be at full Throttle

Hearing alot of banged up players for Crest, hope not both team need to be at full Throttle
I came and watched Shelby/AC play Saturday and Shelby had a few on defense banged up and limping but playing..I didn’t see #14 come back he a good db..

Reactions: shelbyfan1
I came and watched Shelby/AC play Saturday and Shelby had a few on defense banged up and limping but playing..I didn’t see #14 come back he a good db..
Thats Raper kid at 14, think mostly all there Feelings were hurt...lol
Nah were pretty much full Strength.
I wasnt daying that to be funny, hope any guys yall have hurt will be able to play..

Everybody try get to game tomorrow night, at 7.00 pm before kickoff
There will be a Ceremony for Jim and John Taylor.
Those coaches made this rival what it is...
From here on out the kids will have more then bragging rights to battle for.
Hope eveyone can make it...
BTW it the Taylormade Classic

Reactions: SHS LION
Everybody try get to game tomorrow night, at 7.00 pm before kickoff
There will be a Ceremony for Jim and John Taylor.
Those coaches made this rival what it is...
From here on out the kids will have more then bragging rights to battle for.
Hope eveyone can make it...
BTW it the Taylormade Classic
Concord and Kannapolis have the bell and here Crest and Shelby have a battle for a damn 3 Wood now. SMH!

Kidding... Both deserve recognition to the fullest!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT