ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby 14 Freedom 7

You're

I'm the one who said Huss would give you trouble last year. :D

3A is the king of all classes this season. Your 3A games will most likely be losses and struggle wins at best if you get a win.

Honestly, would you be surprised if we sweep all of our 3A opponents? If so, I don't know why. KM has been "beating us" for about 5 years straight now. It's becoming an annual thing now. Burns is young. Yeah, Freedom was too, but Freedom is better. Crest is running a new offense, and has a new coach. AC Reynolds will be indeed a battle next Friday, but I expect the boys to come out fired up, and meet that challenge. One subpar first game has you pulling your nuts on us now.

Last edited:
i don't know, I was looking for Greene, and there he was with his arm in a sling. A guy that I ran into during halftime told me that he was out for 8 weeks due to a shoulder injury, didn't specify. Young man is a player with a great work ethic, 240 pounds now, and just a junior. I was told The Axe has a high ankle sprain, those can linger for awhile. McMullens, who had the ball taken from him, is wearing something on his pinky, which has a torn ligament. These guys got injured in that last scrimmage. That scrimmaged too much.
That's concerning about the Axe, sometimes that type of injury can linger for many weeks.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Here comes our two cents.

A great humbling game. 4 State Championships in a row....an undefeated season....most games the starters out at halftime....#DRIVEFORFIVE heard over and over...longest winning streak in the state....it was obvious this team was "expecting" to walk on the field and blow Freedom out. That game was made "close" before the game even started. We actually REALLY needed that game. Malik told me after the game "that humbled me, I'm gonna go real hard in practice come Monday". Dax said "I'm kinda glad it was close.....we needed that." The leaders on this team will take this close W and use it the rest of the season. I feel for our opponents....yes, all of them.

The coaches coached at halftime. They subbed out on the O line with a couple sophmores and Malik had a lot more time. He just needs to let it go sometimes.....trust his receivers especially on 3rd or 4th down.....don't be afraid to throw a pick....it's ok and is part of the game.

What people don't realize who were not there was Freedom had excellent coverage in the secondary. What's a new coach's #1 goal....win the first game. When do you think JBB started preparing to defend the "air raid" attack of Shelby? I'm going with the day he was hired. He's a three time in a row 3A state champion coach.....he knows how to coach.

We will be fine. The defense shut them out. They did their job. Nice to see Hollifield 2 and Stites 2 in the game. They played well.

DaDa is a game changer. He will have an incredible season. Dunlap is also a nice surprise in the backfield. Our offense will be back. Gotta catch the ball. Could easily have been a 28-0 game but that would probably have hurt us in the long run. This game will help us all the way around. You will see over the next few weeks this team really come together. I liked what I saw lurking among the mess last night.

Defense wins championships. My bro looked at me at one point and said "they (Freedom) have excellent pass protection". They did...great oline play. I expect Freedom to surprise people this season. Our Dline will be good. They'll learn from this game and get better. Josh Smith...man....Never knew the dude could punt liked that....wow. His punt and hit late in the second half changed the tone of the game. I like our defense.

We sat behind Greene's family. He is getting an MRI Monday. Hurt his shoulder weight lifting. No time frame...but they'll see on Monday. Dax has a sprain....but more than likely will be suiting up next Friday.

Have patience guys....it's gonna be a great year. If we lose...it'll only be "that" one game. I'm confident. Malik and Dax will be great leaders. Ware is an excellent coach. Expect to see a new team Friday.

Let's get it....GO LIONS....#DRIVEFORFIVE.

Last edited:
Honestly, would you be surprised if we sweep all of our 3A opponents? If so, I don't why. KM has been "beating us" for about 5 years straight now. It's becoming an annual thing now. Burns is young. Yeah, Freedom was too, but Freedom is better. Crest is running a new offense, and has a new coach. AC Reynolds will be indeed a battle next Friday, but I expect the boys to come out fired up, and meet that challenge. One subpar first game has you pulling your nuts on us.

No I wouldn't be surprised if you won them all. I'd be surprised if they were all blow out wins. Rock Hill South Pointe will still crush you, but I guess that will make your team better regardless of the outcome.

A great humbling game. 4 State Championships in a row....an undefeated season....most games the starters out at halftime....#DRIVEFORFIVE heard over and over...longest winning streak in the state....it was obvious this team was "expecting" to walk on the field and blow Freedom out. That game was made "close" before the game even started. We actually REALLY needed that game. Malik told me after the game "that humbled me, I'm gonna go real hard in practice come Monday". Dax said "I'm kinda glad it was close.....we needed that." The leaders on this team will take this close W and use it the rest of the season. I feel for our opponents....yes, all of them.

The coaches coached at halftime. They subbed out on the O line with a couple sophmores and Malik had a lot more time. He just needs to let it go sometimes.....trust his receivers especially on 3rd or 4th down.....don't be afraid to throw a pick....it's ok and is part of the game.

What people don't realize who were not there was Freedom had excellent coverage in the secondary. What's a new coach's #1 goal....win the first game. When do you think JBB started preparing to defend the "air raid" attack of Shelby? I'm going with the day he was hired. He's a three time in a row 3A state champion coach.....he knows how to coach.

We will be fine. The defense shut them out. They did their job. Nice to see Hollifield 2 and Stites 2 in the game. They played well.

DaDa is a game changer. He will have an incredible season. Dunlap is also a nice surprise in the backfield. Our offense will be back. Gotta catch the ball. Could easily have been a 28-0 game but that would probably have hurt us in the long run. This game will help us all the way around. You will see over the next few weeks this team really come together. I liked what I saw lurking among the mess last night.

Defense wins championships. My bro looked at me at one point and said "they (Freedom) have excellent pass protection". They did...great oline play. I expect Freedom to surprise people this season. Our Dline will be good. They'll learn from this game and get better. Josh Smith...man....Never knew the dude could punt liked that....wow. His punt and hit late in the second half changed the tone of the game. I like our defense.

We sat behind Greene's family. He is getting an MRI Monday. Hurt his shoulder weight lifting. No time frame...but they'll see on Monday. Dax has a sprain....but more than likely will be suiting up next Friday.

Have patience guys....it's gonna be a great year. If we lose...it'll only be "that" one game. I'm confident. Malik and Dax will be great leaders. Ware is an excellent coach. Expect to see a new team Friday.

this sound like you are trying to convince yourself more than convinces others that everything is going to be just fine.

Reactions: beamer24

One of the things I love most after week one is the litany of " therapy" posts or as I like to call them" grab me before I jump" posts. This one might be the best I have ever read. Hall of Fame type stuff. I stand in awe...

Checked all the boxes-

- " Glad it was close"
- " We needed this"
- ' Liked what I saw lurking in the mess"
- " There secondary was great"
- " There Oline was great"
- " JBB been game planning for the Air Raid since he was hired"
- Injuries
- ' Expect to see a new team Friday"
- " Have Patience"

However my favorite and the one that truly puts this one in the elite category is" Could have easily been 28-0". Just classic.

Shelby has an excellent team.I have always respected the program there and best of luck this year. I am proud of how my boys played and as a very young team with 5 sophmores starting on O including the qb and most of the defense juniors and sophmores, I can't help but think the future is bright for the patriots. Bryant is definitely what this program needed and did a great job preparing this team. He knew what he needed to in order to give his team a shot to win. He runs a tight ship strong weight program and put together a great staff. Like i said earlier best of luck to Shelby the rest of the way.

One of the things I love most after week one is the litany of " therapy" posts or as I like to call them" grab me before I jump" posts. This one might be the best I have ever read. Hall of Fame type stuff. I stand in awe...

Checked all the boxes-

- " Glad it was close"
- " We needed this"
- ' Liked what I saw lurking in the mess"
- " There secondary was great"
- " There Oline was great"
- " JBB been game planning for the Air Raid since he was hired"
- Injuries
- ' Expect to see a new team Friday"
- " Have Patience"

However my favorite and the one that truly puts this one in the elite category is" Could have easily been 28-0". Just classic.

Ok.

Would I have rather it been a blow out...of course...do I think this game will help...definitely.

Two wide open 40+ yard dropped passes with receivers 5-10 yards behind the secondary....definite scores if caught.
A fluke turnover for a score where the defender just took the ball from our receiver...it wasn't an int.
28-0.
Watch the game film and give us your opinion.

Shelby is effing Shelby! They will always be alright. The city Fathers will only let this go so far and externally secure the legacy. This, SP in their conference, has them making classification plans and exit stratagies as we speak! It'll be ugly this year, but they won't let it happen again.

Two wide open 40+ yard dropped passes with receivers 5-10 yards behind the secondary....definite scores if caught.
A fluke turnover for a score where the defender just took the ball from our receiver...it wasn't an int.

I have but one request.......do this again this week, and then from there on out you can catch every pass thrown! ;)

Ok.

would I have rather it been a blow out...of course...do I think this game will help...definitely.

28-0.
Watch the game film and give us your opinion.

See, this is why you are a Hall of famer. These posts right here.....just classic and deserve a standing ovation.

" If it wasnt for the drop passes, fluke turnovers, injuries and bad calls we win by 28"

Here is the problem though. THATS HOW TEAMS LOSE GAMES!!

Here is my opinion since you asked. Stop worrying and talking about best team ever, win streaks, Indy's record and Southpointe. You know how Knotts won all those games ?? By keeping 16 and 17 year olds focused on the next one...PERIOD. It is not an easy deal especially in a community like Shelby where they take obession with HS football to a new level.

I am sure Shelby will be just fine. Just remeber when everyone starts smelling blood in the water thats when it really gets tough week in week out.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT