ADVERTISEMENT

Scots vs Indy

Mallard Creek will certainly make room for you in future schedules (best brand name in the state, and Palmieri loves stuff like that), but I'd hate for it to be Butler that got dropped to make the room. Butler has the hardest time getting 11 games every year as it is. Maybe Indy will get dropped instead.

Nothing against the raiders but there are more attractive options in this era for high level competition that are closer(or just as close). I feel Byrnes, Indy, Butler were better choices for this season. I'd probably shoot for Northwestern, Dorman, or Dutch Fork if I couldn't get those other 3, then I'd go for RC after that.

In an ideal world, Coach P would like to schedule one regionally relevant opponent, one state relevant opponent, one locally relevant opponent, and then the 4th week can float.

Indy and/or Butler can fill the locally relevant slot, but to date, Mallard Creek hasn't been able to fill the state relevant slot (except for local team Butler some years). Richmond would be an ideal candidate there. Scotland, too, for that matter.

Reactions: Chopper747
Would make for a heck of a gate if nothing else. I don't know who most people on here would love to see lose more, Mallard Creek or Richmond. LOL

I wonder why there is ever only one dominant team in the Charlotte area.

Sometimes I ponder why there have never been two at the same time.

Come to think of it I have seen this before. In Florida you have super powers in the gators, canes, and Seminoles but the dominance of one always coincides with a downturn in the other two. Something about their not being enough recruits to go around or something.

I wonder why there is ever only one dominant team in the Charlotte area.

Depends on what your definition of dominant is? If you mean unbeaten, nationally ranked and nationally relevant, then there's only one (or occasionally two) dominant team(s) in the entire state each year, and a Charlotte ALWAYS fields at least one of them (if not BOTH of them, as has happened a few times recently).

If you mean top 10 in the state, then show me a poll from any time over the past decade that didn't have 3 to 5 Charlotte teams ranked in the top 10 in the state. Good luck with that one, and I think that qualifies as having numerous teams that are all dominant. In fact, get used to the idea of seeing a TON of Charlotte teams in this year's top 15 rankings, because this is a going to be a good year for the city in general.

Also, most years since 2008, Charlotte has not only had the #1 ranked team in the state during any given week, but they also had the #2 ranked team. I don't expect that to be the case this season (MC and Scotland are both solid), but it definitely happens a lot. A lot more than you want to give credit for, anyway.

How many transferred into mallard creek?

A lot more than you want to give credit for?

This year, one TE and one WR that are in the starting rotation.

It's not one puny little WR that makes Mallard Creek a beast (or even a TE with a famous dad). Their oline has 3 high profile SEC recruits on it, and they are all just as home grown as you are. All-state QB? Home grown. BCS linebackers? Home grown. Div-I RB? Home grown.

Mallard Creek loses some good players as well due to transferring. Why don't you ever mention them when showing off your vast football knowledge? Last year's backup QB for MC is now starting at WR and at DE for Butler, and he's already one of our better players. Do the all-conference caliber players leaving MC not count?

Last edited:
So when did those other guys transfer in, before this year?

Do you believe the world will end if you ever admit the transfers help the Charlotte dominance?

If your coaches are as good as you say I am sure they can identify talent before sr years.

What stake do you hold to not admit something that is common knowledge and is allowed by the rules? Is there some kind of pride thing going on with you?

Mallard Creek doesn't have to recruit. 90% of its players came up from their feeder systems. 1 receiver from Davidson Day, guess where his home school is?? That's right Mallard Creek. Butler and other schools get MC players why not bring that up? Listen fam, it's a two way street so call it both ways

The RIchmond Raider name must carry a lot of weight in Mecklenberg county. They can't even win their own conference championship but all of Chatlotte wants to play them.

Anyone, any place, any time for forty years will do that goscots.

You don't have to be a scot to know its a big game when you see the green and gold.

Do you believe the world will end if you ever admit the transfers help the Charlotte dominance?

Here's a better question for you...why do transfers not help Richmond dominance like they do in Charlotte?

Oh wait...here it comes...RICHMOND HAS NEVER HAD A TRANSFER PLAYER. Right?

Here's a better question for you...why do transfers not help Richmond dominance like they do in Charlotte?

While I disagree with Heelyes on this thread, I couldn't help but answer your question. It's because we don't have any JOBS for their parents!! If they move here, they can't find work!

Sorry, but it is true...

Reactions: RAIDERS2014
What do disagree with twister? I can't believe that It is outside the realm of reasonable thought to believe transfers in wouldn't help a team.

What do disagree with twister? I can't believe that It is outside the realm of reasonable thought to believe transfers in wouldn't help a team.

A thread about Scotland vs Indy turning into a MC transfers thread.

We all know the transfers happen and even if they aren't starting, one of the biggest claims to greatness is MC depth. Thing is, it's all legal and won't change a thing us bantering about it here.

Heck Heel, you've been a member almost as long as I've had this name. (I was on here before that with another name but forgot the password) You've been a part of these discussions of the players being home grown or not for every good Charlotte team for all these years. It's like beating a dead horse. Time to bury it and let it die. It a'int gonna change! :)

gotcha. understand all of that. but for the record I wasn't the one that started talking about the Creek. I just find it humorous that they all pretend like it has absolutely nothing to do with the success up there.

Heel Yes-

I have no problem admitting that transfer help when it does. 2013 had one transfer, 2014 several kids move in. It happens everywhere. Families move to Forsyth and Wake county all the time and they never win championships?? I thought transfers were the magic ticket?

Remind me again of where they place the asterisk on the trophy when you win a title and have transfers? I don't remember seeing it?

It doesn't happen every where. In a game where one player can make a huge difference an average of a handful of players that others are not getting is huge. It just is. But kudos for admitting they do play a part.

The transfers are part of the success.
NOPE!

This is really going to upset you Heel yes. 4 on MC OL will return and 6 on the DL rotation will return next year. A stable of RB's will return. A 6'7" 260 lb soph on JV will join the 4 returning OL. 3 wr's 6'3, 6'3 and 6'4 all are FBS guys.
2 LB'S that have Jonathan Smith potential (Scotland). group of you cb's. We will have an intense QB competition. All have been at the Creek since the 9th grade.

Eventually one day, you are going to have to reach down, in that bag of excuses and just get better. Charlotte will continue to raise the bar when it comes to Football in the State. Therefore i don't see Richmond cracking the code in your life time. So unfortunately you will be taking the we need to pass more and their recruiting to your grave.

Back to the thread. Scotland will win by 21

Last edited:
Reactions: sikner51
Scotland JV 24
Independence 22

Scotland goes down 14-0 then scores right before half 14-6.
Scotland with 3 scores in 2nd half and leads 24-14 with 1:30 left.
Indy drives and scores with 30 seconds remaining then gets onside kick.
Indy gets ball to around the 30 and gets a throw to the goal line as time
expires. Scotland intercepts. An entertaining game. Now the big
boys tomorrow night...

Reactions: FierceScot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT