ADVERTISEMENT

Scots vs Indy

You probably won't have too much discussion at this point from Charlotte and Indy folks. Indy has the whole preseason plus Mallard Creek on August 22. I doubt they are really thinking about Scotland too much yet.

Indy is a huge question mark and wildcard right now (with the new coaching staff, new schemes and a new QB), and we're not really going to know until after the Mallard Creek and Scotland games what they are going to look like for 2015.

They have size, athleticism and depth that can only be matched by a couple of teams in the state, and their defense pitched SEVEN shutouts last season, which is unreal on the 4A level. On the other hand, they've seem to lack toughness in the trenches and a killer instinct the last few years, although that showed signs of changing last season.

I think the key to their season is that new coach Hardin is well known for producing killer olines, and Indy's oline will be huge, which will give him plenty of raw material to work with. If that situation comes together, then Indy could become a serious 4A title darkhorse. But I also don't think the line will have had time to gel yet early on in the season, so I expect Mallard Creek and Scotland to both win physical, hard fought games (another Hardin trademark). By the time Indy gets to Butler to close the regular season, they should have a bunch of the kinks worked out and they might not be the type of team that any of us wants to play a second time in the playoffs.

We don't stand a chance. I have no clue as to what Bailey was thinking when scheduling this game.

I think reverse mojo only applies when you're the underdog, but nice try though!

I will be watching Christian Colon from his Eye side(Penn State)
17889752-mmmain.jpg

colon.jpg

Last edited:
I've watched a lot of charlotte football over the years and I don't think there is a underdog in this game. Just two good opponents ready to clash. That may change once we see scrimmages and the week 1 games though.

How Indy reacts to the Mallard Creek game and if they are not too beat up will determine a lot of how this game plays out. Indy has a lot of question marks.

No underdogs? Us backwoods hicks can't play with those city slickers from the big city. Independence by 50.

Two very good teams. My question is the numbers at Indy. Many may be wondering why...here is why:
Hardin is notorious for running his players like dogs. At Providence they were in pads every single day, in addition to weight room and other workouts.
He sometimes had them out there for 3-4 hours during the summer. I heard that straight from a player. For a 4AA school with I think close to 2000 kids they had maybe 35 on their football team when Catholic played them.
My question is does Hardin implement that system at Indy and it drive players away like it did at Providence. Only time will tell but it is a question I have heard brought up.

I'll take the scots winning by 14 pts......nuff said...
I'll take the Scots by 10-14 points. No way Indy blows them out, and truthfully I don't think they'll blow Indy out either.
Wish this game was on a Saturday so I could catch it. I'll be at Butler/Mallard Creek that night since Catholic is off.

All-time high school state titles

1. Robbinsville
State titles: 11
Years: 1973-14

2. Shelby
State titles: 8

Years: 1986-14

3. Indepedence (Charlotte)
State titles: 7
Years: 2000-06

3. Murphy
Years: 1974-13

3.Swain County (Bryson City)
Years: 1979-11

3.Thomasville
Years: 1988-08

7.Richmond (Rockingham)
State titles: 6

8. Albemarle
State titles: 5
Years: 2001-10

8. Clinton
Years: 1990-05

8. Crest (Shelby)
Years: 1994-14

8. Cummings (Burlington)
Years: 1988-06

8. Reidsville
Years: 2002-09

8. Rose (Greenville)
Years: 1975-06

All-time high school state titles

1. Robbinsville
State titles: 11
Years: 1973-14

2. Shelby
State titles: 8

Years: 1986-14

3. Indepedence (Charlotte)
Years: 2000-06

3. Murphy
Years: 1974-13

3.Swain County (Bryson City)
Years: 1979-11

3.Thomasville

7.Richmond (Rockingham)
State titles: 6

8. Albemarle
Years: 2001-10

8. Clinton
Years: 1990-05

8. Crest (Shelby)
Years: 1994-14

8. Cummings (Burlington)
Years: 1988-06

8. Reidsville
Years: 2002-09

8. Rose (Greenville)
Years: 1975-06

I think as you all have stated that this will be a close game I think it will come down to whoever has the ball last or which ever team defensive an offensive line can win the battle in the trenches. I like the Talent at indy on the defensive side.

I don't think they'll have enough offensive firepower to score on Scotland, who fields a pretty nasty defense in their own right (#7 is my favorite player outside Charlotte right now). I'll take the Scots by 10 to 14, and that's assuming that Indy's special teams don't melt down again like they did against Hough to end their season last year. If they pull a Hough all over again, then this one could get ugly.

Scotland's is replacing it's entire o line. The very well start freshman this year. I hope this helps.

Scotland's is replacing it's entire o line. The very well start freshman this year. I hope this helps.

If this is true then they are in for a long game Indy has one of the top Defensive Tackles in the state a Penn State commit.......will be interesting to see how they keep him out the back field.

If this is true then they are in for a long game Indy has one of the top Defensive Tackles in the state a Penn State commit.......will be interesting to see how they keep him out the back field.
Xman
Dont listen to Go_Scots. He is an Exaggerator. Unless you know this fella, you will fall into his Dream Team Comments

Xman
Dont listen to Go_Scots. He is an Exaggerator. Unless you know this fella, you will fall into his Dream Team Comments

Hahahahahaha oh really? I know Scotland has had a very good program these past few years I expect nonthing less I look forward to seeing the scheme they play an what new skill players will emerge as college prospects.

Hahahahahaha oh really? I know Scotland has had a very good program these past few years I expect nonthing less I look forward to seeing the scheme they play an what new skill players will emerge as college prospects.
I pick on Scotland a lot but they are truly a great group of kids to watch. Fan Base Travels too. They are 20mins from where I live and I have not scoped them out this off season but if they have the same seeds that grow year in and year out....prepare to see a $30 entry fee high school game

I promise and I say I promise, they will score within the first 4-5 clock minutes

I pick on Scotland a lot but they are truly a great group of kids to watch. Fan Base Travels too. They are 20mins from where I live and I have not scoped them out this off season but if they have the same seeds that grow year in and year out....prepare to see a $30 entry fee high school game

I promise and I say I promise, they will score within the first 4-5 clock minutes

Not sure what go scots is thinking, but Scotland has 3 returning starters off its O-Line from last year. And they're probably upgrading at the right guard position. Looks like the O-Line will be better than last year!!

Not sure what go scots is thinking, but Scotland has 3 returning starters off its O-Line from last year. And they're probably upgrading at the right guard position. Looks like the O-Line will be better than last year!!
The OL will be huge for the Scots in this game. If you can contain/slow down that Indy DL then that goes a very long way in winning the game.
I know Scotland is loaded elsewhere but I believe the key battle will be along the OL.

Go_Scots is just trying to throw people off. If you do not know his daily routine, you might be hypnotized by his sarcastic illusions

Reactions: Scots_nation
Ol Go likes to play cat and mouse games with his early season, home team prognostications. If he says they will be good, then they'll struggle. If he says they will suck, look out!!

Unfortunately, the Scots will be very good again this year. Maybe, we'll see two undefeated teams meeting Nov. 6 in Laurinburg. It'll be harder for their opponent to make it undefeated than for themselves. Either way, it's gonna be a good un!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT