ADVERTISEMENT

Salisbury vs Thomasville

Salisbury tried to play backups in 4th qtr up 49-8. It appeared T-ville continued to keep starters in even with #1 at rb after he didn’t play much in 3rd qtr. Shs had 3 turnovers that lead to two T-ville scores. Shs qb returned to game to be able to execute a handoff and took a knee at end. Also, Shs didn’t go for 2 every time. I’d say they handled themselves with class. Congrats to the hornets, just the better team.

We have players playing both offense and defense. Both teams handled themselves with class. That was our fault for not getting pressure on the QB, Salisbury oline blocked well.
Despite being down big my Bulldogs still competed well against the defending champs. Nobody will put up more points on Salisbury unless it's someone like Reidsville, and Shelby.

Didn’t get to see this game, so can’t truly comment on how the teams compare. But the score didn’t surprise me. I hoped we’d keep it within three scores. But Salisbury may be the favorite in 2A.
Thomasville isn’t #4 in 1A. Top ten? Maybe if everybody stays healthy.

The most important thing is the approach to the next game. It’s like coaches tell qb’s after an interception. Don’t let that one beat you twice. The game against Salisbury was important, only for two reasons. Comparing themselves to really good teams. And playoff seedings. In a split conference, it’s essentially a non-conference game.

The North Rowan game is critical and, barring unusual circumstances such as Covid losses or injuries, the rest of the schedule should be very winnable. But don’t let last night’s game beat you twice.
Prayers for the player injured last night.
Very well stated OC. The main thing I saw was that the Dogs scored every point on the Hornets #1 defense including the long pass TD. The Dogs had a nice 60-70 yard run, a called back pick six and another score on that great defense. They will recover and beat the rest of the CCC really bad with or without the QB. The NR game is and has been the biggest game on the schedule all season. It is for the #2 overall and the top 1A seed. Salisbury is loaded with size, speed and experience. Only issue I saw was the grandstanding and mouthiness they had. That could cost them late in the playoffs against a team that matches up better. THS was no match overall for the Hornets and that says a lot considering the athletes THS has on the field every Friday night. I hope the Hornets win the 2A again to represent the CCC and the Bulldogs go take another 1A title.

Just to confirm Salisbury went for 2 up 43-8 I believe it was -- I was at the game. Little late getting on here but did want to make sure that was stated. I think there was a penalty on that play and I also think they went for 2 one other time in the second half but cannot remember for sure. Reminded me a little bit of the NO CLASS CLUB from Albemarle in the early 2000's lol

Salisbury is brutal, i hope they win it again this year. We scored 4 times on them (1called back) what’s a joke is Ledford still scheduling 1a/2a size schools and bragging on being 5-0.

What?

Salisbury milked the clock in the 4 qtr and took a knee. Played a back up running back as well as many other back ups. Let’s clarify the two point play. It was still third quarter and a water bucket type set. They did not line up and run an offensive play. If you can’t align to the formation the players on the field have the right to run the play. Stop shouting from the roof tops about them being classless. I talked with WD fans and they shared that SHS won with class last night playing backups and milking the clock. Let’s take the L they gave and move on. T-ville is very good and proved it last night by throttling NR but SHS is just better right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT