ADVERTISEMENT

Salisbury vs Thomasville

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
Two great defenses. Speed on both sides. Both looking to make deep runs in 1A and 2A. Salisbury has a streak, the Bulldogs are looking to end it. Definitely looks to be the conference championship early in the season.

Thoughts?

I would be absolutely shocked if this one is close at all. Thomasville will do great things in 1A and with the rest of the conference but this Salisbury team is just something else.

I'd like to see both win state, personally. Lot tougher now with no subdivisions but it would be great...

Reactions: UNC91
I remember Thomasville back in the days was the powerhouse. There defense was tough. Good to see them getting back. This is a game interest. If I remember correctly these two teams played one year in a defensive battle.

I’d say Salisbury has played the toughest opponent between the two schools. Polk County was a top 20 team when Salisbury beat them 44-0. Coach G at T-ville is a great coach and will have the kids ready. He has done a tremendous job in his short stint there. Give edge in coaching to T-Ville.

I’d say Salisbury has played the toughest opponent between the two schools. Polk County was a top 20 team when Salisbury beat them 44-0. Coach G at T-ville is a great coach and will have the kids ready. He has done a tremendous job in his short stint there. Give edge in coaching to T-Ville.

Polk is ok, forbush was ranked. So would have expected most top 2a teams to put a beating on Polk.

Salsibury is averaging 54 points a game and haven’t gave up any points. I understand they haven’t played anyone yet. After this game I don’t see anyone to challenge them until the playoffs.

Reactions: misterkm
I remember Thomasville back in the days was the powerhouse. There defense was tough. Good to see them getting back. This is a game interest. If I remember correctly these two teams played one year in a defensive battle.
I had to do research on the Thomasville n Salsibury game that was played back in 1995. Salsibury had went undefeated pretty much blowing out opponents. Here were some games that I seen recorded in the Salsibury post. Salsibury 55 Mt Pleasant 0, Salsibury 75 North Stanley 0, Salsibury 64. Davie 0. Salsibury 28. North Rowan 6. Salsibury 36. West Rowan 20. The West Rowan game was the most scored on Salsibury all season. Salsibury 48. Albemarle 7. Salsibury 35. West Montgomery 0.
The playoffs 1st rd Salsibury 64. Randleman 0
2nd rd Salsibury 26 Starmount 10
3rd rd Salsibury would play at #1 ranked Thomasville. It was a battle as Thomasville won 14-6. Thomasville would then go on win the State Championship game 16-0. As the paper stated that any Thomasville fan would tell you that Salsibury was the toughest team played all season. Anyone remember that season.

I remember that game…people were saying Salisbury would destroy Thomasville because they totally dismantled Randelman 64-0…Salisbury didn’t realize what they were getting into when dealing with that Bulldog Defense…I can’t remember what the score was between Thomasville/Randelman that year but I don’t think it was as bad as Salisbury beat them,that’s what fueled all the talk…comparing scores

Last edited:
I had to do research on the Thomasville n Salsibury game that was played back in 1995. Salsibury had went undefeated pretty much blowing out opponents. Here were some games that I seen recorded in the Salsibury post. Salsibury 55 Mt Pleasant 0, Salsibury 75 North Stanley 0, Salsibury 64. Davie 0. Salsibury 28. North Rowan 6. Salsibury 36. West Rowan 20. The West Rowan game was the most scored on Salsibury all season. Salsibury 48. Albemarle 7. Salsibury 35. West Montgomery 0.
3rd rd Salsibury would play at #1 ranked Thomasville. It was a battle as Thomasville won 14-6. Thomasville would then go on win the State Championship game 16-0. As the paper stated that any Thomasville fan would tell you that Salsibury was the toughest team played all season. Anyone remember that season.
Thomasville averaged giving up less than four points per game that year with eight shutouts. Scored at 32+, amd 38 per game in regular season.
Many Thomasville fans consider 1995 to be the best Thomasville defense ever. The high was Southern Alamance, with 13 points scored by that team.

We (Polk) are ok but our line just couldn’t hold up nor move those big fellers from Salisbury. Lack of depth really really hurts us. It didn’t get to bad out of hand until after halftime. Salisbury is the real deal across the board!!!!

Nope….never heard of ‘em!😜😜😜

I remember that game…people were saying Salisbury would destroy Thomasville because they totally dismantled Randelman 64-0…Salisbury didn’t realize what they were getting into when dealing with that Bulldog Defense…I can’t remember what the score was between Thomasville/Randelman that year but I don’t think it was as bad as Salisbury beat them,that’s what fueled all the talk…comparing scores
Tville beat Randleman 14-0. Just goes to show how accurate competitive scores are. Almost as valuable as "well we beat em by this much two years ago on JV so...."

Reactions: TVILLEDAWG2370
Its not a good one at all bruh. Salisbury QB has time to eat a full course meal in the pocket..Tville no pressure at all.

Halftime
Salisbury 36
Tville 8

• Haha
Reactions: SCRballer
You are right about that game. I came all the way from whiteville to see that game between Thomasville and Salsibury. It was one of the best games i ever saw. Thomasville had the best defense i saw that year,and Salsibury wern't bad either.

Last edited:
Salisbury best team the Dogs will face this year. Big, fast team with lot of expeience in big games. Dogs will be fine balance of CCC schedule and in 1A. I think I counted like 17-18 seniors on those posters on the way into the stadium. Hope the Dogs QB did not get hurt bad, they need him to be the best team they can.

Salisbury best team the Dogs will face this year. Big, fast team with lot of expeience in big games. Dogs will be fine balance of CCC schedule and in 1A. I think I counted like 17-18 seniors on those posters on the way into the stadium. Hope the Dogs QB did not get hurt bad, they need him to be the best team they can.
Yeah the dogs need that qb…he’s got a decent arm and he’s a great athlete. Realistically seeing the dogs win out and going to the later rounds of the playoffs

Salisbury starting to go for two every time they score? I’m fine with them playing hard but to play call to go for two? That’s classless…especially when they have a good kicker who has made 4 PAT’s

According to the article they went for two to make it 29-8 and that was it. Hornets played well and the Dogs never quit. Good luck to Thomasville on the rest of the season. Praying that the QB will be alright.

Salisbury tried to play backups in 4th qtr up 49-8. It appeared T-ville continued to keep starters in even with #1 at rb after he didn’t play much in 3rd qtr. Shs had 3 turnovers that lead to two T-ville scores. Shs qb returned to game to be able to execute a handoff and took a knee at end. Also, Shs didn’t go for 2 every time. I’d say they handled themselves with class. Congrats to the hornets, just the better team.

Kinda hard to take starters out when you only have 25 players. Out starting QB got hurt so #1 really started playing a wildcat role. I really like how Thomasville plays as few players both ways as they can. They went for two 3 times but two were nulled due to penalties. Salisbury also had 2 taunting calls and 4 personal fouls so I’m not sure that’s 100% class. I also didn’t like Salisbury call three straight bomb plays up 36-8 after not having done so all game. Before anyone jumps on me and says you can’t tell players not to score let me say that I agree you can’t do that but when you call all verts three straight times up 36-8 you know what you’re doing.
Salisbury tried to play backups in 4th qtr up 49-8. It appeared T-ville continued to keep starters in even with #1 at rb after he didn’t play much in 3rd qtr. Shs had 3 turnovers that lead to two T-ville scores. Shs qb returned to game to be able to execute a handoff and took a knee at end. Also, Shs didn’t go for 2 every time. I’d say they handled themselves with class. Congrats to the hornets, just the better team.

Last TD PASS thrown was in 3rd qtr. SHS never threw three straight bombs. By the stats in the paper they only completed 5 passes for 200 plus yards. Also, their coach commented on the penalties being hustle plays and not unsportsmanlike penalties. Helmet to helmet, face mask, horse collar, and one late hit. Never saw anything for taunting from where I was in visitor stands. Also #1 did not play many plays at wildcat after he fumbled a snap following the starters injury. #2 played qb from what I saw before I left. I came in to see this game and thought it would be better. T-ville will be dangerous in 1a.

Didn’t get to see this game, so can’t truly comment on how the teams compare. But the score didn’t surprise me. I hoped we’d keep it within three scores. But Salisbury may be the favorite in 2A.
Thomasville isn’t #4 in 1A. Top ten? Maybe if everybody stays healthy.

The most important thing is the approach to the next game. It’s like coaches tell qb’s after an interception. Don’t let that one beat you twice. The game against Salisbury was important, only for two reasons. Comparing themselves to really good teams. And playoff seedings. In a split conference, it’s essentially a non-conference game.

The North Rowan game is critical and, barring unusual circumstances such as Covid losses or injuries, the rest of the schedule should be very winnable. But don’t let last night’s game beat you twice.
Prayers for the player injured last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT