ADVERTISEMENT

Sad Wake Forest Just Plain Sad

We have the area on lock. It's out-of-area teams that we have trouble with. 3rd round blues for the past decade and a half. Double digits wins will keep coming as long as our head coach is there. Top 4-6 in the east. State Elite 8 contenders. That's about as much as I'm certain of.
SWE’98
Your program still as strong as ever?

Is this a thread about the Wake Forest/WRH game? That’s in the future isn’t it? That game's not until September 27. I thought the thread was about Wake Forest’s scheduling?

Last edited:
We have the area on lock. It's out-of-area teams that we have trouble with. 3rd round blues for the past decade and a half. Double digits wins will keep coming as long as our head coach is there. Top 4-6 in the east. State Elite 8 contenders. That's about as much as I'm certain of.
I wish you much success. You guys have an awesome program.....

wallace will make a good showing......unusual spot for a team like wallace to be given no shot, they would drill most teams on wf schedule....i like the spot they re in going into this one

I generally do not reply to threads where I start a thread for a simple discussion but somehow my words where misinterpreted into me putting shade over the great program of WRH. As a Thomasville Grad baller I won my 1st championship in 2004 versus WRH. I know what WRH brings to the table and that is hard nosed punch you in the mouth football until the final whistle.

Reactions: dogs79
If WRH wins, it won't be because they are a good team that was just better, but it'll be because "WF isn't as strong this year." You know the narrative...

If WRH wins, it won't be because they are a good team that was just better, but it'll be because "WF isn't as strong this year." You know the narrative...

It is very evident 2019 Wake Forest is not equal to the last several teams. Watching some of the game yesterday made that obvious. Do not see a loss as a negative for WRH either way as they are stepping up and out. If WRH gets a solid win and Wake Forest goes 6-5 on the season no football guy is going to call that a win against an elite team but a win against an elite program and there is a difference.

A wallace win will be proclaimed a "major upset" that wont really be an upset if one was paying attention........

A wallace win will be proclaimed a "major upset" that wont really be an upset if one was paying attention........
Why is everyone discounting WF. They lost to a highly ranked 4a team. That game has been competitive in the past.

I think people are actually discounting WRH lowkey, because the excuses are already being set up just in case WRH wins.

Reactions: dogs79
I think people are actually discounting WRH lowkey, because the excuses are already being set up just in case WRH wins.

You small school guys get absolutely giddy at the opportunity to beat a big school....its funny to read all your posts.

Tell me I am pretty, please!!!

And you large school guys get worried at the thought of losing against a smaller division.

If you beat a smaller program, you were supposed to beat us. "We only have 100 students at our school" :) If they win! "We told you we were best in the State" Not a lot of benefits of a large school playing smaller programs, unless they are a mid tier program.

Play the game. I'm sure the two schools are aware of all these things and prolly a lot more. If they choose to continue the contest, so be it. Good luck to both. For instance, weve played some schools for so long. Played Anson since day 1. Even before That. It sells tickets, it's a good game, the area seems to like it. We are neighbors so to speak. If it works , let them play. If if falls apart, discontinue it. Its football in the air. LET THEM PLAY. We type it out...THEY play the game. ( everybody likes a good UPSET, as long as it ain't our team.)

It's not as easy as just going out and finding a good team to play. Other teams already have arrangements. Some teams are in tough conferences and don't want another hard team on the schedule. Some teams micromanage based on what they have coming back. They'd love a great team when they are loaded but would prefer a mediocre team when they are rebuilding.

Then there is the new seeding system . . .

Beat a bigger school tonight as well. Most of us fans don’t give WRH much of a chance to win but I asked my son who plays for Wrh what have the coaches said about this game he said nothing. They will prepare for WF just like they prepared for any other team on the schedule. The dogs go in expecting to win every game. This one will be no different.

Reactions: dogs79 and mdogj85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT