ADVERTISEMENT

Sad Wake Forest Just Plain Sad

Oct 8, 2011
DISCLAIMER

****** Former Thomasville Bulldog and now an OOS lurker *******​

Wake Forest AD Mike Joyner should be ashamed of himself. The supporters of the program and most importantly the players of this years squad should be asking questions. What is that question? Why are we playing a 2A school on 9/27 - Wallace Rose Hill? Why are holding our program back by not seeking better competition? 2 solutions come to mind. 1- Play a Guilford County or a Forsyth county powerhouse every year. Or 2- Play an OOS game versus another state power. Suggestions may be VA power Oscar Smith or SC power Dillan both games are only about 2 hour travel time. And then when your confidence has risen you can raise the bar and play a Dutch Fork or a Byrnes or a South Point or a Myrtle Beach.

PS
Ain't y'all tired of playing just one competitive game all year. The championship game. AD Mike Joyner up your game, make NC proud.

Reactions: Kylar2018
This argument of what type of schedule you have is always entertaining but if they have won 3 straight championships and the goal is to win championships then why knock their success? In the NFL the patriots win their conference and division year in and year out and one could argue that they have a weak schedule in the AFC east. They get enough done and get their you g guys a lot of reps for in game situations. They are a program, not a clout chaser...

Reactions: dogs79
DISCLAIMER

****** Former Thomasville Bulldog and now an OOS lurker *******​

Wake Forest AD Mike Joyner should be ashamed of himself. The supporters of the program and most importantly the players of this years squad should be asking questions. What is that question? Why are we playing a 2A school on 9/27 - Wallace Rose Hill? Why are holding our program back by not seeking better competition? 2 solutions come to mind. 1- Play a Guilford County or a Forsyth county powerhouse every year. Or 2- Play an OOS game versus another state power. Suggestions may be VA power Oscar Smith or SC power Dillan both games are only about 2 hour travel time. And then when your confidence has risen you can raise the bar and play a Dutch Fork or a Byrnes or a South Point or a Myrtle Beach.

PS
Ain't y'all tired of playing just one competitive game all year. The championship game. AD Mike Joyner up your game, make NC proud.
WRH will give them all they can handle! If they had a bigger student population they would win. I promise you that they won't be hit as hard all year as they will during that WRH game!

WRH will give them all they can handle! If they had a bigger student population they would win. I promise you that they won't be hit as hard all year as they will during that WRH game!
I will put Wallace, Clinton, East Duplin(teams from the same conference) up against any team from Wake County. I guarantee they will give them all they can handle. Like another poster stated, the only thing these teams may not have versus larger schools is depth. But don't think for a second that those teams won't lay the wood.

Didn't Wake just play Richmond the last two years? Granted, not state title caliber, but not weak either...

Didn't Wake just play Richmond the last two years? Granted, not state title caliber, but not weak either...
Wish they would’ve kept that going. Varsity game, WF pulled away in 2nd half, Raider JV whipped the WF JV the day prior. Would’ve been great to see how this season’s game would’ve played out

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Look, I haven't been the biggest Wake Forest supporter due to that schedule. But three straight state titles with only one opponent scoring on them in those three games says enough. Now, what Wake Forest needs to be concerned about (and I know there'll be plenty who disagree, but that's okay. It's what these forums are about), is that the gap has been closing. 29 point win over Page, then a 21 point win over Mallard Creek, after it was tied for three quarters, then a two point over Vance, after falling behind early and again with it tied after three. An unforced Vance turnover cost them the game. But, with that aside, three titles in a row, says enough.

Look, I haven't been the biggest Wake Forest supporter due to that schedule. But three straight state titles with only one opponent scoring on them in those three games says enough. Now, what Wake Forest needs to be concerned about (and I know there'll be plenty who disagree, but that's okay. It's what these forums are about), is that the gap has been closing. 29 point win over Page, then a 21 point win over Mallard Creek, after it was tied for three quarters, then a two point over Vance, after falling behind early and again with it tied after three. An unforced Vance turnover cost them the game. But, with that aside, three titles in a row, says enough.
If you were an author i'd buy your books. Enjoyed the write up.

Really must not know about WRH. The only reason why WF will win this game is because of depth. Give them the same number of players, it's a single digit game.

Really must not know about WRH. The only reason why WF will win this game is because of depth. Give them the same number of players, it's a single digit game.

I will be the first one to admit I know little about WRH other than a reputation as a great small school football program. That said...I am curious as to your confidence in the statement above since there seems to be very little evidence of it in the past?

The only school that I can see were they took a leap up in competition over the last 4-5 years is the Havelock game and Havelock hung 69 on them?

If Havelock can beat them by 5 TDs what makes you think WF cant?

I will be the first one to admit I know little about WRH other than a reputation as a great small school football program. That said...I am curious as to your confidence in the statement above since there seems to be very little evidence of it in the past?

The only school that I can see were they took a leap up in competition over the last 4-5 years is the Havelock game and Havelock hung 69 on them?

They were a little down last year, (Still a decent 2a team). The year before they beat Havelock.
If they have the team they had 2 years ago then they can hang with Wake Forest. It could also get really ugly.

WRH beat Havelock in 17

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
Wrh was strong last yr. Defense was nit as strong as usual. We also scored 30plus that havelock game. We 'll show up to do what we do. Ul know we been there.

We won 4 ships in a row. We ve won 5 outta last 9 i think. Nuff said. I never said we win the game. Everyone likes a little ass......

WF won 3 ships in row. They so pitiful! I think this is good for high school football, I hope?

I think it will be a good game but in the end WF wears them down and the final score may get a little ugly. I am just not sure I understand how after losing by 5 TDs and giving up 69 pts to a Havelock team that didnt even make a state final game you guys are so convinced that because you dominate 1 and 2a teams that you show up and give these guys a game.

I think it will be a good game but in the end WF wears them down and the final score may get a little ugly. I am just not sure I understand how after losing by 5 TDs and giving up 69 pts to a Havelock team that didnt even make a state final game you guys are so convinced that because you dominate 1 and 2a teams that you show up and give these guys a game.
What you think final score be like?

I mite agree. Just saying we arecapable of makin a game of it. Hey i was shocked when i saw the sche too. We wont cower down tho. I kkno football. I know we'll be big underdogs. Ltr friend

What does winning small school titles have to do with this game?

It means if they have a good team this year they feel like they can have a good showing. That back field they in 2017 was really good. Not sure where number 21 went but javonte Williams was the real deal.

I give Coach Mott credit for scheduling this game but I give the WF coach more credit. This is almost a no win situation for WF. If they don't win by blow out it may feel like a loss and if they lose......they will never hear the end of it. I am not convinced WRH can move the ball consistently without a legit passing game.

I do think this is good for highschool football. Some other big programs across the state should follow suit. All the pressure is on WF.

I will be pulling for the Bulldogs to make it a game.

WRH will give them all they want for 3 QTRs. Depth will decide the game but they will know they have been challenged. Don’t knock a School because of its classification. WRH, Tarboro, Reidsville, Shelby can match up with most teams Athlete for Athlete.

yeah most teams below 3A and OUTSIDE Meck, Forsythe, and Guilford counties

They were a little down last year, (Still a decent 2a team). The year before they beat Havelock.
If they have the team they had 2 years ago then they can hang with Wake Forest. It could also get really ugly.

That team 2 years ago barely beat Reidsville by a gift fumble. You had ONE excellent running back and he was shut down in the 2nd half by a Ram defensive line that was not even half the size of WF defensive front. Unless WRH has developed an effective pass game, I doubt they will keep it close unless WF doesn't play well. 2A and 1A schools always kill me with the over confidence.

As for the original post, WF doesn't have to worry about injuries as much with the soft schedule, although they sacrifice being tested. Gotta find the balance.

That team 2 years ago barely beat Reidsville by a gift fumble. You had ONE excellent running back and he was shut down in the 2nd half by a Ram defensive line that was not even half the size of WF defensive front. Unless WRH has developed an effective pass game, I doubt they will keep it close unless WF doesn't play well. 2A and 1A schools always kill me with the over confidence.

As for the original post, WF doesn't have to worry about injuries as much with the soft schedule, although they sacrifice being tested. Gotta find the balance.

Kirkpatrick was a good back. I think Wake Forest wins, by at least 3tds maybe more. It is solid teams out here. I agree with your point about 1a and 2a schools, but there is some teams better than what you stated.

Reactions: Chopper747
So, I guess we all at WRH supposed to think we shouldn't be on the field against WF. What I think of y'all 'holier than thou' fans is y'all would think y'all could play with them also.

Wake Forest hasn't lost a game in three years. Why not give Wallace a chance. Lol 4AA has had their chances.

Check out video. Forced fumble

What would this forum do if WRH won? Lol. Would y'all be ok?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT