ADVERTISEMENT

S.P. @ Lincolnton

I have all the respect in the world for Lincolnton. This South Point team will hit you in the mouth. You better be ready for a hit when you face this team. I think South Points ground game will be trouble for Lincolnton. But I will say with 4 passes a game South Point is no threat in the air and Lincolnton is very good at throwing out 8 in the box.

Dameron and Easter should get a lot of straight handoffs and flips. After a year of very little passing it will be interesting to see if QB Littlejohn gets to put a few in the air.

Reactions: coondog8585
These two programs have a history of great football. Ltown's 62-8 win last week tells you that this is a great football team. SP has to overcome some bumps and bruises from its battle with the BullChargers to be ready to compete. SP needs a very good game on the road to pull one out from the Wolves..

I have all the respect in the world for Lincolnton. This South Point team will hit you in the mouth. You better be ready for a hit when you face this team. I think South Points ground game will be trouble for Lincolnton. But I will say with 4 passes a game South Point is no threat in the air and Lincolnton is very good at throwing out 8 in the box.

Dameron and Easter should get a lot of straight handoffs and flips. After a year of very little passing it will be interesting to see if QB Littlejohn gets to put a few in the air.

GDG, i agree L-town has to come out and match SP's hitting intensity. Typically, that's what happens in this game. SP kids will punch our kids in the mouth and set the tone. If L-town kids don't respond then it's all downhill from there. I've seen that quite a few times in this matchup. I will say the L-town defense surprised me last Friday. Some nice hitting and gang-tackling from a smallish but very fast defense. L-town didn't have to pass last week but Littlejohn looked comfortable (on the few attempts he did have) and showed some nice running ability. However, Easter is the key! The undisputed leader of this team.

This will be a great game. It will tell both teams and fans a lot about what they truly have in a team. I believe that L-Town will have enough speed on the field to keep the SP running game mostly in check and to hit some big plays of their own. SP played a great defensive game against Crest, but I Also believe that Crest made some costly mistakes that allowed SP to keep it close till the end. If L-Town plays a solid game with minimal mistakes, I believe they can take the win. If not, SP will bully them around the field and win by two TDs. Good luck to both teams, they have Great programs that I have enjoyed watching over the years.

Can't smack on this one. L-town is a test year after year. I agree that the outcome of this game will tell both fanbases what they have. Best hotdogs served in NC!

Lincolnton will make some money on Friday night as the Raider contingent will be there in full force.

Like L-Townfan, I too love this series even though South Point almost always beats us. We seem to take something more than just a loss from it. The two times we were state champs South Point and Shelby beat us but it seemed to toughen us and prep us for the playoffs.

The Wolves will have to play really hard to have a chance at winning. I look for a big crowd. Guys, thanks for the comments about Lincolnton. Always lots of respect for teams from the WNCHSAA days.

Reactions: seadog28
Odd that you would say that, as we were saying the same thing about the home standing BullChargers. There were no available seats on our side.

You know...I'm going to say something that may rattle some of my fellow L-town posters nerves a bit. Last week's game against NL really did not attract a very large crowd for L-town. I was shocked by the empty seats right before kickoff...I realize school had not started back, etc...But NL is a rival and did beat L-town last year. I would have expected a much larger crowd. Hopefully, a bigger turnout this week or I would think so.

Congratulation to the Raiders. A dominant second half performance. Good luck from here on.

I expected a dog fight between our teams. The first half was definitely that, but my Raiders seemed to find an answer for the Wolves offense in the 2nd half. Good luck with the rest of the season, especially against the Mustangs.

Our coaches do a great job of making adjustments at half time, I have always said we're a 2nd half team! Good luck to the wolves the rest of the way!

Reactions: sasha_nc
Etherton was tough all night and Goo had some amazing plays in the 2nd half offensively. The D finally found some stops and the game turned for the Raiders. Raiders wore them down in then 2nd half, but very impressed with the Wolves. Some great athletes on that team in 22,19, 9,18, 82. The QB is tall, throws a nice ball, and ran well in the 1st half. They will win a lot of ballgames this year. Did not like seeing Washam on the sideline in an armsling and Davis still out in a boot. We need these kids on the playing field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT