ADVERTISEMENT

Round 1: Clinton vs Kinston

Since you're obviously the expert on all things Clinton, why don't you enlighten us.
He can’t. He is just a troublemaker and troll that decided to make an account last night to throw out false accusations and harass people. Who does that remind everyone of? I am done talking about it though. Now everyone knows Clinton has 6 starters who transferred throughout a couple of years and earned their spots like everyone else and there are 16 starters that are Clinton “natives” and been in the rec football program and middle school program at Clinton their whole life. Now can we please go back to talking about playoffs. I hope this troll gets banned just like the other troll did.

This team is very close. Why do you think they are winning so much. Takes talent and team chemistry. Maybe we should ask you the same since you’re the one coming with false accusations and slander. How do you know where they live? I know where they live because when all this bull crap lies started up back when it did I went to the actual people who would know and wanted to make sure for my self things were the way they are supposed to be. All players had to go through the proper registration and did. They wouldn’t be on the field if they were not properly registered and approved. Do you seriously think the staff at Clinton High School or Clinton city schools or these coaches would do anything to jeopardize their jobs or a State Championship? You’re so full of crap if you think they would. I was even informed an investigation had been done and no wrong doings were found by the NCHSAA. So go away troll.
Look guys I joke around a lot just spicing things up some but I’m glad to see this post because I trust what your saying. I fully believe that yourself and others closely associated with the program wouldn’t condone these things. I say this because we’ve been hearing stuff all the way up here in Elizabeth City and surrounding areas that some shady things were going on down there. I’m not talking about things posted on NcPreps either by posters who were jealous or those just trying to stir the pot. I’m talking higher ups in our local high schools within our conference.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Look guys I joke around a lot just spicing things up some but I’m glad to see this post because I trust what your saying. I fully believe that yourself and others closely associated with the program wouldn’t condone these things. I say this because we’ve been hearing stuff all the way up here in Elizabeth City and surrounding areas that some shady things were going on down there. I’m not talking about things posted on NcPreps either by posters who were jealous or those just trying to stir the pot. I’m talking higher ups in our local high schools within our conference.
Heck no I wouldn’t condone it! My son and 15 other starters and many more on the team have played this sport and worked their butts off since 6 years old. If I was to find out someone would do anything to jeopardize their Senior season there would be hell to pay. That’s why I checked into it myself when I was hearing the mess.

• Love
Reactions: daagoob
Heck no I wouldn’t condone it! My son and 15 other starters and many more on the team have played this sport and worked their butts off since 6 years old. If I was to find out someone would do anything to jeopardize their Senior season there would be hell to pay. That’s why I checked into it myself when I was hearing the mess.

I believe you. I can tell by your posts that your a stand up guy. I have stayed out of it because these were serious allegations.

Reactions: FootballDad2023
I believe you. I can tell by your posts that your a stand up guy. I have stayed out of it because these were serious allegations.
Thanks Goob! You’re alright yourself. Maybe I will get to meet you if that Clinton Vs Northeastern matchup happens. Hopefully get to meet Oldway55 also after y’all have steak together lol

Thanks Goob! You’re alright yourself. Maybe I will get to meet you if that Clinton Vs Northeastern matchup happens. Hopefully get to meet Oldway55 also after y’all have steak together lol
Well I promise you we will hold up our end, your Darkhorses just can’t slip up against Hertford County or Cummings. @dogs79 😂 I’m just messing with you and Blackbulldog.

No goob everybody can’t mess around not one game it’s that’s time of the year one n done

How many seniors in Clinton's starting 22?
Depends on the formation and whatever they running defensively at the time we switch up a lot.

In base I counted 15. 7 offensively 8 defensively.

Well I promise you we will hold up our end, your Darkhorses just can’t slip up against Hertford County or Cummings. @dogs79 😂 I’m just messing with you and Blackbulldog.
I hope both teams can hold up their end. As we all know it only takes one off night to send a team out of the playoffs. I will say if any team does beat Clinton or Northeastern before we see that match up they definitely played a good game and earned it and must be pretty good themselves.

I don’t know what kind of allegations they are, I’ve been close to the program for 50 years and I haven’t seen or heard anything. .Im sure our coaches and administration have heard such rumors and I simply ask do you think they’d risk their jobs, the hard work they’ve putn in for something that would jeopardized this team, program, school and administration and community? Not the people I know. They’re not stupid. It all comes down to the truth. In politics we have seen people can perpetuate a lie enough times to fit their narrative, that people will believe it Believe what anyone wants but this team has been in the works since middle school. Every once in a while a school gets a team like this, not very often though. This 2023 team is that kind of team. They were a missed 2point conversion on a tipped pass from making a very serious run last year

Last edited:
I said in earlier post not all of them came the same year. Like @Darkhorse#34 said we had 2 last year and no one seemed to care. I can see where it would raise eyebrows but for people to imply half the roster or half the starters are not Clinton "natives" is not right. I would get my facts straight and know all details before going out and spreading lies of wrong doing. Your right nothing illegal has been done. I guess its a case of like a fishing story you know the fish was little at first but by the time the story got around it was bigger.
FBD23, I would stop taking the bait and tell the trolls to go pound sand. I appreciate your facts as I was unaware of the details but, the way you lay it out is that 27% of your starters are transfers which is a lot compared to most schools I would assume. Obviously, as much as this subject has been beaten to death there is no fire and only troll smoke. Embrace the hate and enjoy your ride. I just hope we get healthy and can sneak into the Eastern Championship for a shot at Tyson! Battle & Aldridge may be the only coaches who can Buster Douglas you guys. Long road though. You will have zero problem with Kinston. 63-7

FBD23, I would stop taking the bait and tell the trolls to go pound sand. I appreciate your facts as I was unaware of the details but, the way you lay it out is that 27% of your starters are transfers which is a lot compared to most schools I would assume. Obviously, as much as this subject has been beaten to death there is no fire and only troll smoke. Embrace the hate and enjoy your ride. I just hope we get healthy and can sneak into the Eastern Championship for a shot at Tyson! Battle & Aldridge may be the only coaches who can Buster Douglas you guys. Long road though. You will have zero problem with Kinston. 63-7
Thanks for the advice. I shouldn’t have let myself get caught up in it. No matter what I said they would just try to turn it around anyway. Good luck to your Panthers! I hope you guys get healthy too and can make a run at it again. Wouldn’t mind seeing a rematch. Have a great night! I have had enough of these forums for one day.

I can see why so many Clinton posters have just said F it, I’m out in regards to preps. This place can be toxic, not as toxic as my wife’s skunks stew, but toxic nonetheless.
This post right here says volumes. It is exactly on point. This site used to be nice to read and learn about teams and had respectful discussions. Now it’s getting taken over by trolls.

I don’t know what kind of allegations they are, I’ve been close to the program for 50 years and I haven’t seen or heard anything. .Im sure our coaches and administration have heard such rumors and I simply ask do you think they’d risk their jobs, the hard work they’ve putn in for something that would jeopardized this team, program, school and administration and community? Not the people I know. They’re not stupid. It all comes down to the truth. In politics we have seen people can perpetuate a lie enough times to fit their narrative, that people will believe it Believe what anyone wants but this team has been in the works since middle school. Every once in a while a school gets a team like this, not very often though. This 2023 team is that kind of team. They were a missed 2point conversion on a tipped pass from making a very serious run last year
Oh man I agree. It’s hilarious seeing how ridiculous they are getting. Today saw someone post they heard the coach is paying for the players housing……salary of a high school football coach in NC has been a discussion in the past and why so many moved to SC and other places. Folks really think Coach makes enough to support his family and pay rent for several others LMAO!!!!!. The stuff you hear coming out of Duplin County right now geez it’s funny but you really realize that folks really don’t have any common sense

Last edited:
All of this is so weird. Some serious losers have come out of the wood work. I’m Not even a Clinton grad and I’ve never wanted to them to win a ship more in my life.
Never seen nothing like can’t beat ‘em on the field so just smear them on public forums and social media. Sad

@oldway55 you’re right checked them out on film definitely a lot of athleticism on the field they should be better. I’m guessing maybe it’s youth. only 14 seniors on the team over half the team according to maxpreps roster sophomores and freshman. Probably be a lot better next 2 years.
Kinston receivers are not bad. The QB can throw fairly well when he has time. But imo there is the problem. The line play is not very good both sides of the ball so the QB is running just trying to survive most of the time and has to just throw it up for craps. I suspect bad line play is not a winning formal against Clinton.

Kinston receivers are not bad. The QB can throw fairly well when he has time. But imo there is the problem. The line play is not very good both sides of the ball so the QB is running just trying to survive most of the time and has to just throw it up for craps. I suspect bad line play is not a winning formal against Clinton.
Yea I saw #2 is going to be hell to deal with the next 2 years he’s got that look. Yeah bad line play means long night for QB. #10 will be breathing down his neck all night. Clinton’s dline gets a lot of praise but that offensive line has exceeded all of our expectations. Crazy to think that was an area of concern going into the season the HAWGS!!!! Have earned every bit of praise they are receiving those holes don’t open themselves.

Oh man I agree. It’s hilarious seeing how ridiculous they are getting. Today saw someone post they heard the coach is paying for the players housing……salary of a high school football coach in NC has been a discussion in the past and why so many moved to SC and other places. Folks really think Coach makes enough to support his family and pay rent for several others LMAO!!!!!. The stuff you hear coming out of Duplin County right now geez it’s funny but you really realize that folks really don’t have any common sense

This is normal for anybody who wins now. Some people are just upset that no talented kid wanted to move to their town and go to their school, or play in their out dated systems with no opportunities after school. Jealousy.

This is normal for anybody who wins now. Some people are just upset that no talented kid wanted to move to their town and go to their school, or play in their out dated systems with no opportunities after school. Jealousy.
Yeah I agree to a certain extent. Reidsville had some transfers move in over the summer and haven’t received a portion of the BS we have atleast not up here.

Yeah I agree to a certain extent. Reidsville had some transfers move in over the summer and haven’t received a portion of the BS we have atleast not up here.
..because Reidsville has recent runs and a history, Clinton has history but Clinton had a quiet spell from dominant teams and coaching changes and things like that. Now that their winning big again, the talk comes up because nobody wants to take a backseat to the darkhourses..

..because Reidsville has recent runs and a history, Clinton has history but Clinton had a quiet spell from dominant teams and coaching changes and things like that. Now that their winning big again, the talk comes up because nobody wants to take a backseat to the darkhourses..
True but we have had ridiculous stuff said about us before even at our peak when I played we supposedly Bill Belichick’d a certain teams practice of course not true. One of our greats the late Herbert Dixon was accused of being academically ineligible of course once again not true and those great teams in the 90’s and the whole 3rd shift Lundys/Smithfield packing rumor. Each one more ridiculous than the last. I guess this is just the 2023 edition.

When not getting what you want and envious of those that do have, this is what you get
They all know what’s going to happen and it hurts because their success is history DarkHorse success is no, today
The 2023 Horses need to enjoy the moment because time travels fast and this too will become history .

When not getting what you want and envious of those that do have, this is what you get
They all know what’s going to happen and it hurts because their success is history DarkHorse success is no, today
The 2023 Horses need to enjoy the moment because time travels fast and this too will become history .
You got that right. Time has traveled too fast.

Thanks @Otis4411 best of luck to WC as well. If you make it over to DH stadium for a game these playoffs, let me know ahead of time. We can catch up. I’ll get you a UNC hat. I know you just love the heels! LoL.
It could come in handy if on the way home I had to take a dump!! 🤣🤣🤣. I could give it to my son in law. He wants to go to a couple of playoff games with me.

Clinton strikes first after recovering a onside kick. Nydarion Blackwell hits Josiah McLaurin for a 29 yard TD pass. PAT good. Clinton 7 Kinston 0 10:57 in 1st

Mishandled Viking punt gives Clinton really good field position offense taking over at Kinston 31

Nydarion Blackwell connects Jakarrion Kenan for 31 yard TD. PAT good. Clinton 14 Kinston 0. 1st Q

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT