ADVERTISEMENT

Round 1: Clinton vs Kinston

My guess…not a true Clinton fan. He is talking trash with backhand comments about “natives” implying Clinton is winning with non-Clinton players meaning the “natives” are the home grown talent vs “recruited” talent. That’s my guess.

The *New Member* moniker is a slight give away.
That is my thoughts also. I was just trying to see if he would be man enough to admit to what he is saying.

The word natives says enough for me to read between the lines.
A true Clinton fan knows the facts behind this team. They would also know we start 11 fresh on both sides of the ball. 22 starters, yes we had some transfers and not in the same year but we start 16 home grown "Native" players out of 22. If said fan is salty about a "Native" player not starting, I can promise that "Native" player isn't good enough to start over the 22 on the field. I know all 22 very well and have watched the 16 "Native" players play football and coached over half of them at the Clinton Rec Department since they were 6 years old until they went to middle school. So all this bs about half Clinton's starters being not from Clinton can be put to rest. If that "Native" player is on the bench he knows why he is there. Just be glad to be a part of something special this year that has been growing since 2013 at the Clinton Rec Department.

He won’t, or he would’ve just said it, not implied it.
Your right. I just posted facts. They are frowned upon up here but there they are again. This is 2023 and transfers happen across the Country and State in high school sports all the time. If a "Native" player was good enough to start he would be. We have some guys who transferred here that don't start. They are all given chances to earn a starting spot. This is high school sports not rec ball. The best players will be on the field. Now let me add if there is a "Native" player almost good enough to start he is usually worked into a rotation and Clinton keeps their players fresh. So the "Native" player gets plenty of playing time.

Last edited:
Reactions: daagoob
Here is one last fact. Out of the 22 starters this year. 18 of the starters started in the game against ED that we lost by 1 point this past season and 16 of those 18 are home grown starters that start this year. All of our starters have started on Varsity since their freshman and sophomore years. Now that I have got all these facts out here again. Sorry for my rant. Let's get back to playoff talk again.

Reactions: O&B Attack
We appreciate you pulling for us but you haven't answered the question I originally asked. Maybe I will be more clear. What did you mean by so the natives can get to play and them sacrificing to put Clinton on the map?
Your right. I just posted facts. They are frowned upon up here but there they are again. This is 2023 and transfers happen across the Country and State in high school sports all the time. If a "Native" player was good enough to start he would be. We have some guys who transferred here that don't start. They are all given chances to earn a starting spot. This is high school sports not rec ball. The best players will be on the field. Now let me add if there is a "Native" player almost good enough to start he is usually worked into a rotation and Clinton keeps their players fresh. So the "Native" player gets plenty of playing time.
Tell me you’re from Sampson County without telling me you’re from Sampson County….

• Haha
Reactions: FootballDad2023
Tell me you’re from Sampson County without telling me you’re from Sampson County….
Family is from Sampson. I grew up in Johnston and moved back to Sampson in 2012. Your point? Are you from Sampson county? Obviously not if you think Clinton just has got put on the map this year because of this team. Clinton is well known for football. They have been on the map.

Reactions: O&B Attack
Your not a Clinton fan. Your just a trouble maker who decided lets make an account to talk crap and harass people. We all up here see through your bull crap. I shouldn't of even wasted time on you but since you seemed misinformed. I thought I would catch you up to speed Mr. Clinton fan! I'm done talking to you. Welcome to the forum or welcome back should I say. Go Dark Horses!

Here is one last fact. Out of the 22 starters this year. 18 of the starters started in the game against ED that we lost by 1 point this past season and 16 of those 18 are home grown starters that start this year. All of our starters have started on Varsity since their freshman and sophomore years. Now that I have got all these facts out here again. Sorry for my rant. Let's get back to playoff talk again.
I spoke with a Clinton guy last week and I asked him about the "Allstars" thing. He said far as he knows, and he said he's only a casual fan/not an insider, only the one kid originally from Harnett hasn't been in Sampson or Clinton schools for years, and lots of kids move between the city and county schools on the regular based on what's best for both the student and the parent's situation, be that for travel, sports, parent's work situation or (shocker) even for academics. He also told me that there are two nationally-ranked kids from Clinton who transferred to Mecklenburg County schools this year.

Reactions: FootballDad2023
I spoke with a Clinton guy last week and I asked him about the "Allstars" thing. He said far as he knows, and he said he's only a casual fan/not an insider, only the one kid originally from Harnett hasn't been in Sampson or Clinton schools for years, and lots of kids move between the city and county schools on the regular based on what's best for both the student and the parent's situation, be that for travel, sports, parent's work situation or (shocker) even for academics. He also told me that there are two nationally-ranked kids from Clinton who transferred to Mecklenburg County schools this year.
Yes we had two kids transfer from Clinton to Charlotte schools. Our kicker and a future starting QB. If that QB had stayed we would of been able to have a two QB threat and would of been even better. The kicker now kicks for Providence Day and the QB is at Hough High School as far as I know. I am closer to the family of the kicker. The transfers that came here you are correct about they had family here already or parent is a teacher at the high school now.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t even worry bout it y’all we have explained and explained when it’s not the answer these people want to hear up here they have selective reading so I wouldn’t waste my time I said it once before if they are so concerned and they think something illegal is going on instead of talking about it on preps why not take it to Raleigh……….would be nice to talk about Clinton vs Kinston without the unnecessary BS and this is why you don’t see any weekly threads anymore @Theyhateuscausetheyaintus

Like a post above said we lost 2 really good kids to schools in Charlotte. Imagine what the 4A guys would say If we went over on their forums making post about “recruiting” like @19yardline said kids move all the time for various reasons. Our critics just needed a banner to rally behind and apparently this is it.

Well you and others get together form a task force gather your “evidence” and take it to the powers that be. Good luck.
He don't know anything and nothing to be proven. Just a troll that took time last night to make an account to pretend to be someone he isn't. Trying to make himself feel better about a loss he probably had to Clinton or something from the past. I should of just ignored him like you guys told me to but I can't stand when someone disrespects my football family. I told the facts and now he up here calling us liars. Give someone a username and a keyboard and they get pretty brave. Got to love a keyboard warrior. Go away troll you aren't welcome here. You already worn out your welcome.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
And the “grow up let’s just talk football” folks are no where to be found smh.

At this point I think it's obvious that Clinton hasn't done anything illegal. They have a great team. They're the best team WRH has played this year. Better than #1 seed Havelock in 3A and #3 seed Hoggard in 4A. But FootballDad2023 I have to ask after reading your post am I upstanding you correctly that 6 of your starters are transfers? That seems like a lot. Lol. I can see how that could get people talking. Especially when a few of them are D1 talent. With one of them being the best player in the state. Again I don't think Clinton has done anything against the rules but I think most people would understand if that raised some eyebrows.

Someone said Kinston passes it a lot, has Clinton faced many passing teams? Is Clinton secondary good enough to handle a quality passing team? We know they can stop the run.

At this point I think it's obvious that Clinton hasn't done anything illegal. They have a great team. They're the best team WRH has played this year. Better than #1 seed Havelock in 3A and #3 seed Hoggard in 4A. But FootballDad2023 I have to ask after reading your post am I upstanding you correctly that 6 of your starters are transfers? That seems like a lot. Lol. I can see how that could get people talking. Especially when a few of them are D1 talent. With one of them being the best player in the state. Again I don't think Clinton has done anything against the rules but I think most people would understand if that raised some eyebrows.
Not a lot considering 2 were here last season and no one cared at the time. The guys with D1 offers didn’t receive those offers til they were here. I’m sure they were on someone’s radar but it’s not like we said hey he’s got an offer from NC State let’s go get him.

Someone said Kinston passes it a lot, has Clinton faced many passing teams? Is Clinton secondary good enough to handle a quality passing team? We know they can stop the run.
Both Midway and St Pauls pass quite a bit. Secondary isn’t bad our corners may whiff on a open field tackle every now and then trying to make a big hit but with a front 7 as good as ours makes DBs life a bit easier I would guess.

Kinston throws the ball a lot. Receivers are pretty good also. Still no match for the horses.

I said in earlier post not all of them came the same year. Like @Darkhorse#34 said we had 2 last year and no one seemed to care. I can see where it would raise eyebrows but for people to imply half the roster or half the starters are not Clinton "natives" is not right. I would get my facts straight and know all details before going out and spreading lies of wrong doing. Your right nothing illegal has been done. I guess its a case of like a fishing story you know the fish was little at first but by the time the story got around it was bigger.

Yes I seen stuff posted other places and the number of transfers grow each time lol it’s getting pretty ridiculous at this point. Some folks actually believe only 5 or 6 kids are from Clinton and the rest are from Fayetteville lol over 40 kids on the roster 3 are not from Sampson County that’s it. But beating a dead horse at this point like I said can’t beat ‘em on the field so try to tear em down off the field with a BS narrative.

Yes I seen stuff posted other places and the number of transfers grow each time lol it’s getting pretty ridiculous at this point. Some folks actually believe only 5 or 6 kids are from Clinton and the rest are from Fayetteville lol over 40 kids on the roster 3 are not from Sampson County that’s it. But beating a dead horse at this point like I said can’t beat ‘em on the field so try to tear em down off the field with a BS narrative.
Only 3 guys living out of district… I guess that’s under the buffer for NCHSAA, my apologies.

Reading comprehension is important I said they not “from” Clinton. I didn’t say they don’t live in Clinton. Good try
Reading comprehension is important I said they not “from” Clinton. I didn’t say they don’t live in Clinton. Good try though.
Please reread your original post. You said 3 are not from Sampson County. Speaking of fishing, it’s like fishing in a barrel with yous guys.

Please reread your original post. You said 3 are not from Sampson County. Speaking of fishing, it’s like fishing in a barrel with yous guys.
Doesn’t mean they do not live here now. Means there is only 3 not originally from Sampson county. You’re a troll and need to disappear. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Doesn’t mean they do not live here now. Means there is only 3 not originally from Sampson county. You’re a troll and need to disappear. You don’t know what you’re talking about.
How exactly do you know how every player live? You doing the eligibility? What color crayon did you sign it with?

So you taking it to Raleigh or what? I’m sure they have a special waiting area for people like you with BS complaints and allegations. And not a piece of credible evidence or real information…..just what you saw Jim Bob say on NC Preps. Would love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

Got to watch Kinston play at North Lenoir this past Friday. Kinston is not good. North Lenoir is worse.
Clinton scores plenty and I’ll think way less of the Dark Horses if Kinston manages much more than 14 points in garbage time.
Watch out for the onside style “squib kick” from Kinston. They pop it up in the air and it goes about 10 yards. Simple counter would be to fair catch it. NL didn’t catch on to that until after about 3 kick offs.

Clinton 45
Kinston 6

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
How exactly do you know how every player live? You doing the eligibility? What color crayon did you sign it with?
This team is very close. Why do you think they are winning so much. Takes talent and team chemistry. Maybe we should ask you the same since you’re the one coming with false accusations and slander. How do you know where they live? I know where they live because when all this bull crap lies started up back when it did I went to the actual people who would know and wanted to make sure for my self things were the way they are supposed to be. All players had to go through the proper registration and did. They wouldn’t be on the field if they were not properly registered and approved. Do you seriously think the staff at Clinton High School or Clinton city schools or these coaches would do anything to jeopardize their jobs or a State Championship? You’re so full of crap if you think they would. I was even informed an investigation had been done and no wrong doings were found by the NCHSAA. So go away troll.

• Love
Reactions: daagoob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT