ADVERTISEMENT

Rosman ends 40 game losing streak!

Tigertown_a_Rick

Jul 29, 2001
The Rosman Tigers defeated the Owen Warhorses 48-21 to end a nearly 4 year losing streak....Congratulations to Coach Tyree Allen, his coaching staff and the 2023 Rosman Tigers on their determination, grit and perseverance. The future looks promising with Coach Allen and his staff in place, and a new era of Rosman Football seems to be on the way....Good luck to the Tigers for the rest of the season!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Congrats to Rosman! Hello Tigertown! Hope you are doing well.
Good morning Deana....Yes I'm doing fine just getting older....Hope all is well with you health wise....I still read about the teams around the state, but I decided to stay quite for the last several years, but thought that I would give this coaching staff and kids credit for getting the streak behind them...I told Tyree before the season that I believe in him, and that he is the man who can turn things around in Tigertown, and I still believe that....He's a good teacher and coach, but is a better man, and the kids and the fans that I talk too believe that also....It's tough to shake that losing mentality, but I think Coach Allen and this team have finally turned the corner, but there's still a whole lot of work to do to climb the hill back to respectability....

Good luck to your Rams, and take care of yourself!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Good morning Deana....Yes I'm doing fine just getting older....Hope all is well with you health wise....I still read about the teams around the state, but I decided to stay quite for the last several years, but thought that I would give this coaching staff and kids credit for getting the streak behind them...I told Tyree before the season that I believe in him, and that he is the man who can turn things around in Tigertown, and I still believe that....He's a good teacher and coach, but is a better man, and the kids and the fans that I talk too believe that also....It's tough to shake that losing mentality, but I think Coach Allen and this team have finally turned the corner, but there's still a whole lot of work to do to climb the hill back to respectability....

Good luck to your Rams, and take care of yourself!

Roar Tigers Roar!
Hello, Tigertown_a_Rick, long time no see.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Dang good to see you post about it Rick! I was ecstatic when I read the news on Saturday.

And I still remember that raspberry jelly you gave me like 15 years ago.

Glad to see Rosman get the win those kids work hard every day and deserve to win a few just like all our other programs great little community very welcoming in football and baseball I was there in 21 this is Mayberry more so than MA congrats Tigers hopefully more wins just not over our Neers lol

Hello, Tigertown_a_Rick, long time no see.
Cheerduck, my old friend it's good to see that you are still upright as I , so many of our poasters have gone silent on the keyboards. Hope you are in relatively good health, and still able to root and cheer for your Red Tornadoes!....I gave Tyree the footage of the Glen Alpine teams that you sent me many years ago, and told him that he needed that more than I did....I also gave him some old interviews that I had done with Coach Gentry many years ago where I asked Coach Gentry about his beginnings as a Coach at Edneyville along with his beginnings at Murphy....He was very appreciative, and I was glad to give him those gifts, and I thank you once again my old friend for providing and sending me that footage that I was able to share with him in his first Head Coaching stint....He said it meant a lot to him which put a smile on my face....

Roar Tigers Roar!

Swain97, Glad to hear from you....We no longer have our Raspberries as we got rid of them several years ago, but was thankful to share some of that Jelly with you back in the day, and I'm also glad to see that your Maroondevils are once again making noise in the SMC....The SMC just ain't the same unless Robbinsville, Murphy and Swain are battling it out for the top spot every year as they are this season....I wish nothing but the best for all 3 teams in the upcoming playoffs....I've met a lot of good people through the years at all 3 schools as well as all the other SMC schools, and hope one day that Rosman can once again become a member of the SMC....Nothing against any of the teams in the WHC, but the SMC is a big big part of the Tigers history in atheletics....Whatever conference the Tigers are part of in the future....I just want and hope for them to be competitive and hiring Tyree Allen was the right move at the right time IMO....

Roar Tigers Roar!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT