ADVERTISEMENT

Rose fires head coach

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
Not 2A related, but a lot of areas teams are familiar with JH Rose of Greenville. They just fired coach Wojtecki. I have been critical of them during his entire stay there, mainly about their non existant defense. He even quoted me in the paper a few years ago after his team won a 50 to 50 something game against DHC, saying that his defense came through to win the game. Really? Gave up 50+ points, and the defense won it? OK. Anyway, hopefully Rose can get somebody in there that understands that you can win a game 2-0, but you can't win if you give up more than you score. People used to be afraid of Rose. Now, that's who you send college coaches your highlights of.

Reactions: Otis4411
I'll give everyone a hint..."The Rose Bowl" was played lastnight....lol

Didn't their dominance end with the addition of South Central High to the area? Don't they dip into the talent pool in Greenville also?

To me, SC took more students from DH Conley than Rose, seeing as how DHC and SC are just a long bike ride away from each other. Both Rose and DHC remained 4A for a while long after SC opened.

Reactions: BigBird12
To me, SC took more students from DH Conley than Rose, seeing as how DHC and SC are just a long bike ride away from each other. Both Rose and DHC remained 4A for a while long after SC opened.
Actually South Central took away from both. Rose is closer to South Central than Conley. Heck of alot closer bike ride.lol. South Central's district boundary extends to less than a 1/2 mile from the Rose campus. It's nearly 2 miles to the Conley campus from the SC boundary. Pitt county has a "open enrollment" basically if you take the right avenues. If the realignment brings 5 classes Conley will easily be 5A while Rose and SC will be 4A. Even still, Greenville/Winterville is steadily growing and having the kids in the district is not the problem. It's the lack of participation and dedication with the kids in this generation. At SC we had kids in the marching band drumline that could have been awesome LBs and WRs. Not knocking those kids at all, they keep a hell of a beat and its solely their decision, but you cant help but wonder what those kids could do in shoulder pads lol

Last edited:
If the realignment brings 5 classes Conley will easily be 5A while Rose and SC will be 4A.

Conley only has about 1650 students. Will depends how the classifications are broken down. If it is 20% of the football schools in each bracket Conley will most likely be one of the smallest 5A schools.

Reactions: bud33345
Conley only has about 1650 students. Will depends how the classifications are broken down. If it is 20% of the football schools in each bracket Conley will most likely be one of the smallest 5A schools.
Conley still got those numbers in 3 short years from 3A to 5A with 1 year left till realignment. The feeder schools have high numbers as well. I don't know what adm numbers will be used for realignment? If it's a current adm, I suspect they will be 5A easily if thats the route the association goes.

Actually South Central took away from both. Rose is closer to South Central than Conley. Heck of alot closer bike ride.lol. South Central's district boundary extends to less than a 1/2 mile from the Rose campus. It's nearly 2 miles to the Conley campus from the SC boundary. Pitt county has a "open enrollment" basically if you take the right avenues. If the realignment brings 5 classes Conley will easily be 5A while Rose and SC will be 4A. Even still, Greenville/Winterville is steadily growing and having the kids in the district is not the problem. It's the lack of participation and dedication with the kids in this generation. At SC we had kids in the marching band drumline that could have been awesome LBs and WRs. Not knocking those kids at all, they keep a hell of a beat and its solely their decision, but you cant help but wonder what those kids could do in shoulder pads lol
Had to look it up, because I used to live around the corner from SC on Pocosin Rd and drove by DCH daily otw to New Bern, and the drive thru Winterville didn't seem long at all... and would you believe that SC is 7.1 miles from both Conley and Rose? Sure doesn't seem like it to me. Could have sworn SC was only about 3 miles from DHC.

I’m hearing from people that Rose is going to go after Cobb.

Had to look it up, because I used to live around the corner from SC on Pocosin Rd and drove by DCH daily otw to New Bern, and the drive thru Winterville didn't seem long at all... and would you believe that SC is 7.1 miles from both Conley and Rose? Sure doesn't seem like it to me. Could have sworn SC was only about 3 miles from DHC.
If you take memorial at PCC to Rose it's about 5 miles from SC which it's more stop lights, but on a bike ride you probably come out better than extra 2 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWE'98
Some feel the Kinston coach would be a natural choice. Lives in Greenville already worked with some on the staff.....

Reactions: daagoob
Some feel the Kinston coach would be a natural choice. Lives in Greenville already worked with some on the staff.....
I can see that. Familiar with the area. Teams usually are good defensively. Championship experience. Seems like a good move for him and the school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT