ADVERTISEMENT

Rocky River at Catholic

footsoldier

Aug 24, 2003
Parts Unknown
Heard they are off a step this season but know nothing about them really. This will be our first game with the Ravens. Anyone?

Footsoldier, it's good to hear from you, again. I drove down to see Catholic and Country Day, last Friday night.
Since you made me wise to the buccaneers, some years back, I've been keeping up with their opponents and scores, a little. I can't recall CD taking a beating like that. D@mn, do the Cougars hit hard. I don't see anyone challenging them during regular season.

Worst I've ever seen them Lincolnton. They had no spark, no fire and that I've never seen. But it was fun spanking them 42-0 at their place. Hope you are well my friend.

Cmon Footsoldier. My wife teaches at Country Day. Show us some mercy.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new renovations to Catholic. I enjoy seeing the boys in red play. The Vance game last year was a blast. Foot you ready for some Waffle House scattered hash browns?

Reactions: footsoldier
I love those games Honda, they are usually barn burners, but I have never seen the Bucs so disconnected as they were Friday against us. It wasn't Country Day football and I hope that's addressed soon. They are better than that.

I'm good, my friend, thanks. I'm hoping all is well for you, too. I thought about you, Friday and figured you were over there, somewhere. The CCDS campus is something for a hayseed like me to see (It would be nice, though, if they could make better seating arrangements for their biggest rival rather than making so many of them stand).
I felt of the grass on the practice field wondering if it was artificial turf. I got to walk around the campus, some, when everyone had to leave the stadium after the severe weather alert was sounded. The gymnasium (The Bruton Smith Athletic Center) has an indoor track.
While inside there I could see the CC buses with the bold lettering MECKLENBURG AREA CATHOLIC SCHOOLS. As strange as it looks to guys like me, from an area where you play only public schools, and there are such few Catholics, you still know right off that those buses are carrying one tough opponent. You could park them anywhere else, mountains to the coast, and if someone was anything of a high school football fan they'd know it, too.

Reactions: footsoldier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT