ADVERTISEMENT

Rockingham County @ Reidsville

tarheel fan1

Dec 2, 2011
Rams first home game. Rams should be fine, but I feel Rockingham could push the rams with the familiarity of Coach Rob. But I would be hoping for at least a 34-7 or 34-0 type game

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Another blowout and boring game most likely. This is not a rivalry game. When was the last time Rockingham won this game? I have asked before why Rockingham can't get their act together in football and have been told it is often politics and parental interference. With the success of Reidsville, it is clear there is plenty of football talent in the county and Rockingham should be better. I have never understood the parental interference thing. Wouldn't they rather their kid not play that much if it means a winning team and program? I would if I was a parent and I have a kid on the team. And maybe that means that kid needs to work a lot harder and get better if he wants more playing time.

This was a close game last year (28-19) and Rockingham (2-0) has some talent that Coach Robertson is putting together. The Cougars will probably make the 3-A playoff field out of a top-heavy (Dudley) conference.

This was a close game last year (28-19) and Rockingham (2-0) has some talent that Coach Robertson is putting together. The Cougars will probably make the 3-A playoff field out of a top-heavy (Dudley) conference.
The freshman… leads the team in tackles.

He must be sump ‘em. 😉

Reidsville and Rockingham County have played almost every year since the opening of RC (1977)...the only year they didn't play each other was the Covid year, 20 season (actually football was played in spring of 21 that year)..............Rockingham Co. has only won twice (1988 and 1989)...most years the games have not been close.............a true rivalry requires a little more balance between the 2 schools....................

Is the Bryant kid at rockingham?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
We saw Rockingham Co at the Reidsville Jamboree, and they were getting pushed around by SE Alamance.
Reidsville will win tonight pretty easily, 48-6.

Cobb 9 carries, 243 yards, 3 TDs
Dionte Neal 16 of 20 passing for 226 yards and 4 TDs
Cam Jones 6 receptions, 103 yards, 3 TDs
Johnniyus Sharpe 5 receptions, 56 yards, 1 TD

Total yards - Reidsville 528, Rockingham 145

In my humble opinion, Cobb is one of the most underrated RB in the country. He has everything...speed, quickness, can change direction and he's improved catching balls. He runs like he's pissed at the disrespect

In my humble opinion, Cobb is one of the most underrated RB in the country. He has everything...speed, quickness, can change direction and he's improved catching balls. He runs like he's pissed at the disrespect
He is very impressive back and not afraid of contact.

I can see why Florida state and Alabama liked him so much at their camps. I don’t know if Air Force will be able to hold Cobb, imo.

Last edited:
Someone ONCE said :

I watched Neal’s Hudl highlights from that game. He is obliviously a superior athlete, but he has a water pistol for an arm, and if you think quarterback sweeps and screen passes will get it done versus fast defenses, as in Shelby or Monroe, you could be in for a rude awakening. He bounced everything outside. As fast as Shelby’s defense is, I can’t see him having much success doing that. 12-14 88 yards passing is efficient, but again, 90% percent of those passes were WR screens. He’s an athlete playing quarterback.

Cobb had 8 carries for 113 yards, his touchdown run being 89 yards. Take away the td, he had 7 carries for 24 yards. Humble yourself! You’re not as good as you were last year, period. I definitely hope Shelby sees the Rams this season, and both teams are healthy.

I wonder if he will say it twice?

Someone ONCE said :

I watched Neal’s Hudl highlights from that game. He is obliviously a superior athlete, but he has a water pistol for an arm, and if you think quarterback sweeps and screen passes will get it done versus fast defenses, as in Shelby or Monroe, you could be in for a rude awakening. He bounced everything outside. As fast as Shelby’s defense is, I can’t see him having much success doing that. 12-14 88 yards passing is efficient, but again, 90% percent of those passes were WR screens. He’s an athlete playing quarterback.

Cobb had 8 carries for 113 yards, his touchdown run being 89 yards. Take away the td, he had 7 carries for 24 yards. Humble yourself! You’re not as good as you were last year, period. I definitely hope Shelby sees the Rams this season, and both teams are healthy.

I wonder if he will say it twice?
Shelby fans have been noticeably quiet lately. Wonder why?

Another blowout and boring game most likely. This is not a rivalry game. When was the last time Rockingham won this game? I have asked before why Rockingham can't get their act together in football and have been told it is often politics and parental interference. With the success of Reidsville, it is clear there is plenty of football talent in the county and Rockingham should be better. I have never understood the parental interference thing. Wouldn't they rather their kid not play that much if it means a winning team and program? I would if I was a parent and I have a kid on the team. And maybe that means that kid needs to work a lot harder and get better if he wants more playing time.

I seen them in person in August, we scrimmaged them at Elkin. They were hands down one of the worst coached teams I've ever seen. They never adjusted to anything we did and left the middle of the field wide open. Their D was in some weird hybrid D I've never seen before and we ate them up on long runs. They did better vs Elkin but Elkin couldn't sustain a drive. On O they ran a very similar offense to them because of previous HC, but they struggled to run it too. Their best player was their JV RB. Why he was down I have no clue. I would move him up.

I expected a worse score honestly. Until they get solid and serious coaches dedicated enough to get them fundamentally solid and in systems that can use their talent they'll be at 4-5 wins for a while. Doing better than the other 2 schools in RC not Reidsivlle but not saying much. Agreed 100% with the 5th sentence there.

Reactions: fitguync30
Who is your team?
dance-cake.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lion Attack
Did the local tv station broadcast the entire game? If so, they usually post them games on youtube. So far haven't seen it.

I seen them in person in August, we scrimmaged them at Elkin. They were hands down one of the worst coached teams I've ever seen. They never adjusted to anything we did and left the middle of the field wide open. Their D was in some weird hybrid D I've never seen before and we ate them up on long runs. They did better vs Elkin but Elkin couldn't sustain a drive. On O they ran a very similar offense to them because of previous HC, but they struggled to run it too. Their best player was their JV RB. Why he was down I have no clue. I would move him up.

I expected a worse score honestly. Until they get solid and serious coaches dedicated enough to get them fundamentally solid and in systems that can use their talent they'll be at 4-5 wins for a while. Doing better than the other 2 schools in RC not Reidsivlle but not saying much. Agreed 100% with the 5th sentence there.
Running back was on varsity. New coach will eventually improve the team. Realize this was an exceptional team they played this past week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT