ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville @ Greensboro Page

I think we all know the key to the rams having a good season next season.
I was replying to the comment about the strengths of the young players on the Page JV and varsity teams. With the strength of the Grimsley and Dudley programs in close proximity it will be tempting for the better players to jump the Pirate ship.

Last edited:
Reactions: nwguilford007
I was replying to the comment about the strengths of the young players on the Page JV and varsity teams. With the strength of the Grimsley and Dudley programs in close proximity it will be tempting for the better players to jump the Pirate ship.
I think that temptation will be minimized moving forward for Page. Coach Hann has been at the school for a good bit now (as an assistant as well), and he has great relationships with the players. The current kids love the new coach and staff. If they didn't want to be there, they would have already left.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
These guys in one thread I seen talking preseason trash about Reidsville….Implying Dionte Neal they can’t “see” at QB “can’t beat Shelby, Monroe with their speed on defense” I should humble myself Shelby Golden Lion says! We’re not as good as last year….Cobbs 8 run 100+ yard performance was 1 for 89? Dionte is a “Athlete playing QB” like an insult but used Monroe/Shelby in his example! This was Wednesday I just seen! Got bout 600 yards out on em!! QB threw 3 picks and a fumble! Lost by 30! 51-21! Monroe has a “Athlete” at QB who was considered “better” than us last year! I knew page was going to run it up the gut all night. It worked in 22 but look what had to transpire!! Same issue here but NEAL/COBB! Ain’t a 2A team close to stopping that!!! 42 points on a big 4A PAGE!! they act like yall don’t win 3-4 conference every year!

Reactions: PagePirates44
Page looked more organized last night and the Dudley game showed them what they needed to work on, and I think they came out and showed some improvement, some positive signs and some explosiveness. Which is a big step for this young staff and team. Would have been interesting to see what one of Page's best weapons could have added to the team, but he still has a shoulder.
Also Page is still not playing i
I think that temptation will be minimized moving forward for Page. Coach Hann has been at the school for a good bit now (as an assistant as well), and he has great relationships with the players. The current kids love the new coach and staff. If they didn't want to be there, they would have already left.
I have been following Page Football since the 2000s and I have been amazed that the Senior QB for Page has not been playing. Especially after seeing he was pretty busy on recruiting scene this Spring and Summer according to his socials. Looks like he had Junior Day visits to Bryant University, Princeton University, Lenior Rhyne, and Gardner Webb. You just do not see an athlete of that caliber not playing in place of a Freshman.

I have been following Page Football since the 2000s and I have been amazed that the Senior QB for Page has not been playing. Especially after seeing he was pretty busy on recruiting scene this Spring and Summer according to his socials. Looks like he had Junior Day visits to Bryant University, Princeton University, Lenior Rhyne, and Gardner Webb. You just do not see an athlete of that caliber not playing in place of a Freshman.

That is strange. That freshman qb will be very good though.

In my humble opinion, there are probably two factors that are in play here. The new coaches are focusing on developing young talent for the betterment of the program's future, and plain ole talent. If the kid is on the college recruiting scene, then he should have no problem at the next level. Keep in mind that Junior Day camps are not the same as official recruiting visits. He is a good sized QB 6'1 190, and has a pretty good long ball. But, he was out of the line up last season a bunch and most notably at the end of the year in crunch time. The freshman has a quick release and good mechanics for an underclassman and was able to move the offense down the field and score against Reidsville. That is ultimately what matters most. Yes, he has made some mistakes, but who is to say that the senior wouldn't too. If anything, this should be a great opportunity for the senior to work that much harder to prove it. Gotta battle adversity! I think he will get meaningful reps in a game soon.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Neal, Cobb, and Jones are going to be a problem in the 2A playoffs. For some reason I thought Flippen was a senior this year.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT