ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville boys over Rosman 66-39

Hayesville beat Andrews 78-39.

also Robbinsville beat Cherokee by 15, so looking very possible Robbinsville gets the 2 seed. I’m sure their football fans are happy.

Reactions: mbdfan
Hayesville beat Andrews 78-39.

also Robbinsville beat Cherokee by 15, so looking very possible Robbinsville gets the 2 seed. I’m sure their football fans are happy.
Looking more and more likely that the Murphy (assuming Abling is ok) and Robbinsville season finale could decide 2nd place.

Hayesville boys clinched the SMC title. The race for 2nd is wild. I believe Murphy, Cherokee, Swain and Robbinsville all have 4 losses. I give the Dogs with their remaining schedule at home a slight edge. However their early season loss to Andrews may be a decisive factor.

Looking more and more likely that the Murphy (assuming Abling is ok) and Robbinsville season finale could decide 2nd place.
With Robbinsville's loss at home to Swain who knows what will happen. Murphy play their last two games at home, so they're theoretically in the drivers seat, but this quad of teams are so close that I'm not sure Murphy will take both of those games.

So there's a fairly reasonable chance Murphy, Swain and Cherokee or Robbinsville end up in a three way tie for 2nd with five losses. If so, how will the playoff spot be decided?

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
The playoff seeding this year is probably the dumbest thing NCHSAA has decided to do. I understand you are in a shortened year, but come on. They have to do better seriously. I find it hard to believe that this is the only scenario that they could come up with. SMH. Good luck with this nightmare.

Murphy boys win in OT 72-64 over Cherokee.

Unfortunately Murphy's center Hensley is hurt and wasn't dressed out tonight, they really missed his rebounding in the post. I hate to say it but even if they beat Robbinsville Thursday any slim chance they would have of pulling off an upset in the first round isnt going to happen without him.

Last edited:
Hensley was back tonight and Murphy gets the 10 pt win. Murphy is playing solid ball, if they get a good draw they might have a punchers chance in the 1st round, who knows.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT