ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville at Cherokee

By the quotes that I read on here, I get the impression that SMC basketball sounds a lot like AAU. Am I correct or does it just sound like it particularly the Cherokee comments.

Sounds like a very fast paced style, not unlike what you see in AAU. Is that correct? By all the comments of being in basketball shape particularly Cherokee basketball shape. It sounds like they like to play fast.

Yes we play very fast. Basketball is supposed to be played fast. lol that's why you have a shot clock at the next level.

They have a shot clock at the next level because of men named Dean Smith and Phil Ford. Someone must have forgot to tell me that you are supposed to do it that way. Teams should play to their strength.

Wasn't throwing a football jab, just saying yall are about 5 weeks ahead of us in conditioning. And cmon Mont, you know their is a difference in "shapes". Cherokee was definitely the better team Friday and won. Im not taking anything away from them. But if we get healthy for the next game, I think we got a good shot to take the W. Got to get healthy first though! And the old 4 corners worked to perfection in that tourney game for sure...RG32! Very fun game to watch.

Not sure if I heard it off here or not. But just checking the health of Cole Huskey. I heard going into the game there was some possible back problem and he did seem stiff out there. He went down early and from what I've heard there has been talk as sevier as a MCL tear and on the other side that it might not be as bad.

MRI came back showing no tear, just a sprain. Best news I heard all day. Just glad for the kid, who has worked so hard for his senior year! Couple weeks and he should be back to work!

Very good news. Definitely do not want a kid that has worked so hard go out in his last season. I know he has spent all fall preparing for this season. Will keep the Knights competitive in the SMC.

Originally posted by dogtuff:
my question for Cherokee is, do all those kids play football ? if so their are enough athletes to win the conference . Wow what athletes
dogtuff... don't understand your question here? I know several of their players played both sports including the leading tackler in all of Western NC football this year. ?

My question , they have more athletes than I have seen on any team in the conference football or basketball , and I know football is different but I don't remember seeing all those kids out there.

You don't see any lineman types out there ... Hard to win in the smc without the big boys.. Just because you got 5 players on the bball team does not make you have a great football team.

well I disagree , from a o line point of view I saw a center ,2 pulling guards , and a dang good strong tackle and tight end , just saying I would like to have them.

The biggest kid has never played football. The other starters are 2 wrs.. 1lb and the running back ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT