ADVERTISEMENT

RJR hires coach

What a political hire.
I didnt pick up that he has ever coached at the HS level ?

Hes going to be off campus ?

Am I just reading incorrect that he will keep his regular job as a financial advisor and also be a head football coach at a 4A school..??

It looks like the need for a stadium might be greater at Reynolds than the need to win. Can you say "cart before the horse?" Or, maybe not. lol

This is a slap in the face of every high school coach that has worked hard for many years for pennies. That's it. Tomorrow I'm applying for a financial advisor position at Wells Fargo. I invest on the side and watch mad money on tv. Anybody can do that job ;)

Maybe not a bad idea. No worries about parents threats, boosters, and keeping a teaching job. Man is wanting to elevate the program and give back to the community. Hard for me to condemn a man for giving of his time. No place to go but up at RJR. Thinking outside the box.

All those things are still in play. There is no bright side to this hire other than getting a stadium. I guess that's what's important there.

There are plenty of coaches than have given a career and livelihood to "the community". No one is condemning the man, just the horrible decision to hire him.

This post was edited on 1/11 12:37 PM by FBcoach6

Coastal Carolina University did this same thing three or four years ago and the students, players and alumni had a hissy fit. But the financial CEO they hired had them ranked #1 in the nation in the FCS this year and made the semi finals as well as the quarter finals last year. Ranked #5 in the final FCS poll this year.

This post was edited on 1/12 10:11 PM by araiderfan

Originally posted by araiderfan:

Coastal Carolina University did this same thing three or four years ago and the students, players and alumni had a hissy fit. But the financial CEO they hired had them ranked #1 in the nation in the FCS this year and made the semi finals as well as the quarter finals last year. Ranked #5 in the final FCS poll this year.

2 things, he also had coached before he went to be a CEO and he can PICK his players!!!

A small school not far from Winston Salem tried going outside a few years ago with a life long business man that also had a good football background. Didn't work to well. Big difference working with business clients and high school kids. Good luck with the hire!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT