ADVERTISEMENT

richmond vs lee county

Though Lee Co. is the only one of the 3A schools placed in this league which can compete, the Raiders will prevail.

Reactions: tigertown21
Lee County Diehard here and it’s gonna be tough for the Jackets this week, especially with injury bug hitting them last week with some below the knee injuries on the line. Happy to be in a conference where competition is tough which will better prepare these young men for playoff time. Some Old school fans will remember that although the Richmond/Scotland rivalry has always been the best, Lee/Richmond had a pretty good one too back in the day. Hope that continues, will come down and cheer in the Yellow Jackets, I’m sure you will be happier with the competition than the last two weeks.

Last edited:
With this game it’s hard to say b/c
Lee County seems to be a Good team. Yes Richmond has score high & clean up mistakes the past two games ( but look at the two teams they played ) also . My gut feeling is saying Richmond by 2TD but my mind says this will be a game that will have you on the edge of your seats
Go Raiders

Ive had the discussion in the past on here many times and it usually angers Scotland fans but for sure the Richmond vs Sanford Central games back in the 70s drew more attention state wide than the Richmond vs Scotland games.

Ive had the discussion in the past on here many times and it usually angers Scotland fans but for sure the Richmond vs Sanford Central games back in the 70s drew more attention state wide than the Richmond vs Scotland games.
Why would anyone care most on here were not even born! anyone that RC plays that can compete will be an attention grabber. I can tell you back in the early 2000's when Bailey was at Britt those games were monster games. Britt always seemed to find a way to blow it!

Lee County Diehard here and it’s gonna be tough for the Jackets this week, especially with injury bug hitting them last week with some below the knee injuries on the line. Happy to be in a conference where competition is tough which will better prepare these young men for playoff time. Some Old school fans will remember that although the Richmond/Scotland rivalry has always been the best, Lee/Richmond had a pretty good one too back in the day. Hope that continues, will come down and cheer in the Yellow Jackets, I’m sure you will be happier with the competition than the last two weeks.
I agree with those low blows and I know where they came from , and late hits.???

Yeah Im nuetral on Scotland being as im a Fayetteville native but in the past on here just the mention of the 70s battles between the PJ Gay lead Sanford Central teams playing Richmond then always tends to bring out the ire of Scotland fans taking the topic to be some kind of slight against the Scotland program in light of their rivalry with Richmond. Honestly I never took Scotland seriously at all till they knocked out a great, talented, and physically monstrous sized Pine Forest team in the 1978 state playoffs. That was the first time I realized that Scotland had to be awarded some respect. That Pine Forest team was a monster and had absolutely thrashed Richmond the previous year in the 1977 playoffs, I mean Pine Forest totally thrashed Richmond then. Note im not a Pine Forest grad or homer, but those Pine Forest teams from 1976 to 1980 were across the board by far the largest collection of physically huge players on a High School team as I have ever seen, before or since, to this day. They somehow were ahead of their time collectively in regards to physical size of players.

I dont know that might be a toss up.....I've attended both...I will say more people at the Rich/Scot games...

Scotland is 3A and they damn sure can compete! Folks have forgotten about those old Scots.
Scotland was not “placed” in this league — they were already there. In my mind, the Scots are not yet a true “3A” team. Though the Scots recent ADM#’s have relegated them to the 3A classification, they’ll continue to ride the previous wave of 4A success they’ve enjoyed … for at least another 2-4 years — IF not longer. No one (especially me) has forgotten about the Scots. Let’s see IF they can keep it that way.

34-7 Final....Looked like the Raiders took the foot off the gas ...Lee County will make some noise in the playoffs...The Raiders , I would think held them under at least 125 total Offense.. We dominated time of possesion...One thing to improve on is the kickoff team.... Pass defense looked great today , 3 ints..???....Open week , lets get ready for the Scots ...Everybody will be back and Healthy....Lets not forget , Lee it looked like had some starters on the injured list also......Go Raiders....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT