ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond @ Scotland

Offensively Scotland has Richmond I think by 10 on defense IT’s pretty much even .
It’s hard to tell what Richmond will play like .
On offense they still seem to struggle but the defense seems to be clicking at times.
I hate to say this as a raider fan and hopefully I will have to eat my words ….
I say Scotland by a touchdown

Scots win in Till’s last rivalry game as head coach. Hopefully school has started brainstorming about next guy. No way Richmond should ever get this down

Scots win in Till’s last rivalry game as head coach. Hopefully school has started brainstorming about next guy. No way Richmond should ever get this down
Every team in our conference would have started 0-4. 10th graders playing all over the field.

Its not going to be a blow out... that's for sure....if the Scots can get their play calling and defense together early in the game the the Scots roll early... if not.... it'll come down to who screws up most (turnovers, wasted time outs, etc.). I was hoping to be more confident in this particular pick by now... but Imma go with Scotland (in a tight one).

When Richmond loses to Scotland, Richmond will finish the season with 1 4A win. Their program and community will still talk about fielding sophomores when every team in the conference is young.

• Haha
Reactions: Heels910
Thank positive, maybe you should think about where you were just a few years ago at Pinecrest,,,
Richmond started out with
71st, Butler, Cardinal Gibbons, Myers Park, they are 4-1 since with a td loss to PC in a game they could very easily have won . My local team has close wins early over terry sanford and southern Durham thought to be really good wins but those teams have digressed. Lee county and Britt decent wins , then several scrubs, a close loss to PC that i can give you a couple of excuses for but still a loss. So really looking at this I can easily see how Scotland could should be a slight underdog here, but in reality, none of us are thinking that.

When Richmond loses to Scotland, Richmond will finish the season with 1 4A win. Their program and community will still talk about fielding sophomores when every team in the conference is young.
Richmond ain't every other team in the conference for one. Next they should be talking about the number of sophs that are playing because that is uncharted water for Richmond. It speaks to the lack of talent and depth so many fans fail to realize in Richmond County. The 80's and 90's are gone and not coming back any time soon. Gone are the days of reloading with top talent waiting their time behind seasoned starters who are graduating. They should be talking about the number of sophs and how a school with 2000+ students is forced to play so many young kids. Yes a lot of schools have been doing it for years but those schools ain't Richmond.

According to Maxpreps soph & fr listed on rosters
PC 6
Lee 7
Scot 8
UP 13
Hoke 14
Rich 17
S Lee 21

One team (wearing blue) will play in the 1st round of the playoffs next week. The other team (wearing green) will report to basketball practice Monday after school

Thank positive, maybe you should think about where you were just a few years ago at Pinecrest,,,
Richmond started out with
71st, Butler, Cardinal Gibbons, Myers Park, they are 4-1 since with a td loss to PC in a game they could very easily have won . My local team has close wins early over terry sanford and southern Durham thought to be really good wins but those teams have digressed. Lee county and Britt decent wins , then several scrubs, a close loss to PC that i can give you a couple of excuses for but still a loss. So really looking at this I can easily see how Scotland could should be a slight underdog here, but in reality, none of us are thinking that.

One team (wearing blue) will play in the 1st round of the playoffs next week. The other team (wearing green) will report to basketball practice Monday after school
Id be willing to take that bet ...The Raiders will be in the playoffs and I hope they get another shot at the team up US 1 north....The Raiders will answer the bell Friday night.....Only played two teams with a winning record.....I would be very cautious Friday.....

Id be willing to take that bet ...The Raiders will be in the playoffs and I hope they get another shot at the team up US 1 north....The Raiders will answer the bell Friday night.....Only played two teams with a winning record.....I would be very cautious Friday.....

Rent Free.

No you don’t

Love this.....shots fired...some clever jabs and barbs going on keeps things interesting. Always heard don't dish it out if you can't take it....well the Raiders have been dishing it out for 50 years so I got no problem with taking a few shots. I love the patriot fans sticking their noses into our rivalry discussion, welcome to the adult table, took ya'll long enough. Glad you finally put some big boy pants on and joined the party. We have needed another sparring partner ever since Anson left and we got away from the Fayetteville conference. Just remember a couple of more wins versus Richmond and you will finally be able to use both hands to count those wins against us. So keep up the good work but just ask the scots sometimes those clusters of a few wins can take 18 straight loses before they happen again :cool:

The wins seem to come in streaks in this series, richmond a long streak that ended in 2011, scots 2011-2017,
Rich 2018-2021, scot 2022- ?…
- Scots should end this misery of a season for Richmond on a similar note as the rest, a Loss for the team in Green and yellow.

I just hope that both teams realize they will be playing next week regardless of what happens...I know both teams have a few hot heads...Both coaches better have some stern talks before hand... I'm hoping for a slobber knocker and the smartest , most physical team survives ..Hoping for no injuries to both teams ., and good luck next week in the playoffs...

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
Richmond ain't every other team in the conference for one. Next they should be talking about the number of sophs that are playing because that is uncharted water for Richmond. It speaks to the lack of talent and depth so many fans fail to realize in Richmond County. The 80's and 90's are gone and not coming back any time soon. Gone are the days of reloading with top talent waiting their time behind seasoned starters who are graduating. They should be talking about the number of sophs and how a school with 2000+ students is forced to play so many young kids. Yes a lot of schools have been doing it for years but those schools ain't Richmond.

According to Maxpreps soph & fr listed on rosters
PC 6
Lee 7
Scot 8
UP 13
Hoke 14
Rich 17
S Lee 21
Where did the junior and senior players go? Why is there this sudden need to play 10th graders? In two years will we still be playing 10th graders? Where have the upper classmen gone? This decline has been building for some time now seems to be no end in site.

Where did the junior and senior players go? Why is there this sudden need to play 10th graders? In two years will we still be playing 10th graders? Where have the upper classmen gone? This decline has been building for some time now seems to be no end in site.
NO CITY RECREATION TACKLE FOOTBALL IN ROCKINGHAM....Is one problem...Im thinking RSH starts 4 underclassmen on the O line, 2 soph and 2 jrs..........3 underclassmen at wideouts, and two soph qb's ,after the sr. decided not to play......On Defense 2 of the 3 starting d linemen are jrs, and all 4 linebackers are 3 jrs and 1 soph...4 secondary players are 2 jrs....I think we have 22 seniors on the team...U play the best players reguardless of what grade...We do have travel teams for diff ages that do a good job, but small numbers on those teams...Even our punter and kickoff players are soph and Jr...When we lost our cotten mills that were big sponsors of our recreation teams , not many have stepped forward to replace them...We did get back to 4 middle school teams this year but small numbers on 3 of them...Hoping things will get better....Good luck tonight RAIDERS,,,,PROBABLY DIDNT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION , BUT THE BEST I COULD DO...

There has to be a reason for the low participation of upperclassmen. Just wondering what it could be. In two years will the Raiders still have this problem...

9 mins 40 seconds left in the 3rd Qtr

Raiders take the 3rd Qtr kickoff and put together a scoring drive starting from their own 38. 2nd Qtr scoring drive was 99 yards.

Raiders 14
Scots 7

10 mins 20 seconds left in the 4th Qtr

Raiders threw an INT inside of the Scots 15 near the end of the 3rd Qtr. Scots drive and score

Raiders 28
Scots 21

Final Score

Scots turn the ball over on downs from the Raiders 47 with 53 seconds left. Raiders run the clock out.

Raiders 35
Scots 28

11263365343_2b1651dd24_o.png
Oops

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT