ADVERTISEMENT

RICHMOND HAS LOST THEIR MENTAL EDGE....

go_scots

Aug 30, 2001
I'm sure that I'll get blasted for this but Richmond has lost their mental edge against Scotland. In past years the thought of whether our kids could beat Richmond was always in the mind of our players.. That isn't the case anymore and it was very evident last night.

I am not gonna blast you because you are 100 % correct!! I don't know what is going on with this team I would love to see a change we need to go away from the option go back to the pro set offense Luke is not an option QB he can gun the ball but he can't run!!

It was very evident from the ship yard that something was different in this game. I twisted my head like TOTO when I heard the score at our game and then it was even worse when it was confirmed as FINAL

GO SCOTS, all props to the Scotties.

This post was edited on 11/8 10:36 AM by swett2victory

S2V, I have some dissappointing news for you and the Rams. I know you were sadden by the third lost in a row in the Backyard Brawl. But, looking at some of the loses last nite, I'm pretty sure if the Rams would have won, it's very possible that you (PS) may have gotten the last spot, based on your SEC %.

Because it is a part of the Scotland/Richmond rivalry and it hadn't been discussed. There is nothing classless about it.

Originally posted by RaidersRollin:

S2V, I have some dissappointing news for you and the Rams. I know you were sadden by the third lost in a row in the Backyard Brawl. But, looking at some of the loses last nite, I'm pretty sure if the Rams would have won, it's very possible that you (PS) may have gotten the last spot, based on your SEC %.
Rollin
I do appreciate it. Yes I look at this from different angles and saw that we could have made it but first we had to win. Down by 21, we came a score short but I am not disappointing one bit because these guys fought hard and went above and beyond. We got to the point where we won our fans and the Pirate side left early. That was our moment to take the lead but sadly we came up short. Great game over all.

Again thanks Rollin

I see your point S2V. But, hey God blessed you'll with a great JV season and I know they will build on that next season.

Originally posted by scottishLAW:
Why start another wasted thread. Glad to see the win. Enjoy it with class.
....you are assuming that go scots ever had any class....

Originally posted by RaidersRollin:

I see your point S2V. But, hey God blessed you'll with a great JV season and I know they will build on that next season.
Yes he did. If the storm is not strong next year, we will sure be dominant the next. I believe seeing the migration coming here this year with what is coming from the middle schools.

Originally posted by go_scots:

Because it is a part of the Scotland/Richmond rivalry and it hadn't been discussed. There is nothing classless about it.
So you think now is the time to debate this? Its about timing and intelligence, so try this:

Since this is your theory, post it for debate before the game. Then, last night, you would have an outcome that might validate your theory. Actions/outcome that would have supported your theory. That's timing.

Instead, you post it after this loss has already been discussed starting another thread to "rub in the loss" and who would you think from the losing side would be interested in debating this now?

C'mon, don't be one of those. I like Scottish Law though!

You can't base a fan base off a hand full of posters. With that being said,I have never pulled for Richmond. However you can't help but respect their program. Worse thing you can do is bash a coach when you take a loss to any team. That would be Richmond's biggest weakness. Coach seems to be an outstanding guy. Scotland has found success in the last few years, which Im very proud of. Worse thing we can do is make it unclassy. Fun riverly...yes. But don't judge all by a few. Good luck to the entire SEC in the playoffs.

Agree Law. The head coach is the one that gets the heat when in reality during the game the head coach at Richmond makes very few decisions during the game. I talked with a lot of fans from both sides after game last night and the main thing talked about was our play calling. Hoggard doesn't call the plays. Look up in booth. As stated before. outplayed and outcoached. Good luck to Scots and a great Christmas would be for us both to be at Wake on championship weekend.

Hmm, the fans I talked to wanted to know where Richmond's defense was, since Scotland never punted. Richmond punted once.

This is a great Rivalry! I have much respect for both programs. Good luck to the Raider Nation! This is just a game, live, love, laugh!

Originally posted by Raiderdev23:

Agree Law. The head coach is the one that gets the heat when in reality during the game the head coach at Richmond makes very few decisions during the game. I talked with a lot of fans from both sides after game last night and the main thing talked about was our play calling. Hoggard doesn't call the plays. Look up in booth. As stated before. outplayed and outcoached. Good luck to Scots and a great Christmas would be for us both to be at Wake on championship weekend.
I'd be willing to bet 98% of the Plays are called from the bench and not upstairs...Regardless of who, what, where , we love all of our coaches , ESPECIALLY COACH HOGGARD......Taking the heat is part of being the head coach...Coach Hog has been around...He understands that.....Lets just see how our players respond come Monday....I know our staff will be prepared....GO RAIDERS...nuff said.

Goscots always pouring salt in the wound,smh.. Hopefully we will see you Scots in the east regional. Go Bears!

I'm sure that I'll get blasted for this but Richmond has lost their mental edge against Scotland. In past years the thought of whether our kids could beat Richmond was always in the mind of our players.. That isn't the case anymore and it was very evident last night.
The only scot poster I have no respect for is go scot.....Silent snake then he shows up.....nuff said..

Man y'all are being saltier than a can of mixed nuts. Go scots is 100% correct here. Richmond has always had that mental edge and the mystique of "Raider Magic." Don't underestimate how much that played into all the games they won in row.

All you raider fans on here have never had any problems rubbing it in in the past, so get over it now. Scotland controls this rivalry right now, good luck in the playoffs.
This post was edited on 11/9 4:37 PM by fightin_scots_2010

I don't know about mental edge, but they've lost whatever it was that gave them any
advantage in the past. Scotland has it now. Looks like it will be 5 in a row this time next year.

Originally posted by scotswin:

I don't know about mental edge, but they've lost whatever it was that gave them any
advantage in the past. Scotland has it now. Looks like it will be 5 in a row this time next year.
...still 7-1....no what that means.,,,state titles....long way to go.....not to mention the all time series...KMA.....btw...revel in your victory....really scotswin...punk!!!

What is evident is that Scotland is better than Richmond right now and has been in the last 4 years.....has nothing to do with anything mental.....it will not always be this way.....just as the 17 game win streak Richmond had over Scotland ended, so will the streak Scotland has now.....during the streak Richmond had over Scotland I never got the impression that the Scotland staff or kids did not think they could win.....

Seeing as how this has become a bash good ol' Go Scots thread let's have at it. For several years I was as close to the Scotland program as anyone. There were several years during the Raider streak that we knew we had absolutely no chance whether anyone else admits it or not. For 17 years we heard it from Raider fans 365 days a year. Your cute little pre game banner weren't classless? Now that we have beaten Richmond the last 4 years, WE ARE CLASSLESS? Raider fans need to remember one thing. Most Scotland fans learned how to act after winning a Scotland/ Richmond game by watching you all for 17 years. If Richmond had beaten Scotland Friday night Raiders would have come out of the woodwork beating their chest. Some are calling for the head of Hoggard because you lost 1 game to a better team and I'm classless. You don't agree with your starting qb and I classless? Are there not any mirrors in Richmond county anymore?

Seeing as how this has become a bash good ol' Go Scots thread let's have at it. For several years I was as close to the Scotland program as anyone. There were several years during the Raider streak that we knew we had absolutely no chance whether anyone else admits it or not. For 17 years we heard it from Raider fans 365 days a year. Your cute little pre game banner weren't classless? Now that we have beaten Richmond the last 4 years, WE ARE CLASSLESS? Raider fans need to remember one thing. Most Scotland fans learned how to act after winning a Scotland/ Richmond game by watching you all for 17 years. If Richmond had beaten Scotland Friday night Raiders would have come out of the woodwork beating their chest. Some are calling for the head of Hoggard because you lost 1 game to a better team and I'm classless. You don't agree with your starting qb and I classless? Are there not any mirrors in Richmond county anymore?
Forget the" WE ARE CLASSLESS."quote......Not WE .........JUST YOU........nuff said..

go_scots is right about Raider fans and class, I'll admit that. Not all, but some make the whole bunch look bad. The team is 10-1 and has beaten the likes of Butler, Vance, Rocky River, etc and some act like idiots after 1 loss to a good team.

I'll also say this isn't the 1st 4 game winning streak Scotland has had in the series. Remember the 94 (2 wins) & 95 (2 wins) seasons, BUT after that Richmond reeled off 17 straight wins.

97 (2)
98 (2)

Hmmm, better enjoy it now like way back then.

...do you wanna start with me killer???.....I know waayyy more then you.....try me.....

Scotland is done. First you won't get out of the East. New Bern will see to that. As far as Richmond having lost anything, this will be your last win against us for many, many years. Hell, we'd probably beat the crap out of you if we played you THIS Friday night. You will see, you will become believers. I don't know who said it but most of your fans are ok, except a few. Go-Scots is the most classless of all, just a piece of scum with no life. As for you Scotswin, are you the same jerkoff that was at a Raider-Marlboro game a few years ago wearing Raider Gear? Wasn't that you? Come on boy, admit it.

Seeing all these whining raider fans is priceless. These guys seem really upset, and i'm loving every minute of it. I hope yall heep Hoggard until he retires. Hey raiders, yall mad bro?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

A more appropriate thread title would be:

RICHMOND HAS LOST THEIR TALENT EDGE

Honestly, how many players on Richmond's D would start for Scotland? 3 maybe?

It's hard to beat a team that is bigger, stronger, and faster. Scotland has had the talent edge for the last 4 years. Scotland isn't running complex schemes out there. They are just better at so many positions it's not funny. Well, it may be funny if you are a Scots fan lol.

Seeing all these whining raider fans is priceless. These guys seem really upset, and i'm loving every minute of it. I hope yall heep Hoggard until he retires. Hey raiders, yall mad bro?

I for one am not mad that the Scots won, a little disappointed. But, they played a better game. Still, the lost doesn't stop the Raiders from reaching the ultimate goal that ALL high schools teams seek: The State Championship. Being as it may, the Raiders and Coach Hoggard & staff can build from this lost and move forward as they work towards traveling up to Winston and bringing home the crown. I know they will be just getting started today and it's a long road but they are very capable of getting there and winning. Again, good luck to all the SEC teams as well as the teams in RobCo.

Far be it from me a Raider fan to defend the Scots but come on guys. They do have the right to revel in their recent domination. Our fans did it to them for many, many years and will again no doubt. As for classless, I have known Go Scots for quite a few years and even tail gated with him a few times. He is passionate but not classless.

Although he is famous for stirring things up a bit...
confused0006.r191677.gif

I was wrong earlier. Scotland won 4 straight. 2 in 93 and 2 in 94. The Raiders then started their 18 game winning streak in 95.

Go_Scots started this thread just to see how many of you would bite. Seems he caught a lot of fish. I used to go round and round with him on message boards years ago. I know his game. However, classless he's not. He's just passionate about Scotland football.

Scotland beat the Raiders Friday night. Is it the end of the road? No, it's not. It does indeed hurt that the Raiders lost to their arch rival, but they have to move on. Although the rivalry game was a huge disappointment, the big prize is still a reality. That is why they play the games. The Raiders were 8-3 regular season the last time they won a championship. Friday night's loss cancels out a possible perfect season, but it doesn't cancel out a chance at the championship.

Since I am not in the playoffs, I have handed the command to General Go_Scots similar to the tradition of the United States Army as seen below.

Go_Scots you had big boots to fill and I see you are leading from the front with them powerful fishing poles.

TAKE CHARGE, TAKE COMMAND, AND EXECUTE LIKE A PROFESSIONAL

140620-A-4125N-119.jpg

Originally posted by Scots9000:

IT,S JIM JONES KOOL AID TIME LINE UP CHICKMOND COUNTY. YOUR SERVERS WILL BE GO SCOT AND HIS KILT , DRESS WEARING ARMY
GREAT WIN

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT