ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville @ Western Alamance

tarheel fan1

Dec 2, 2011
Hard to give a prediction on this one. I'm going to say the ville by 7 right now. I think we have a few minor injuries and still trying to make adjustments. But if everything is clicking I feel it could be more.

Western alamance, eastern alamance and page will all be tough. None of those games will be easy, especially with the uncertainty at qb. These are all solid 3a and 4a teams.
You know what ...I agree. Reidsville does seem to start the season slow in recent memory (injuries, beginning of season meshing, etc.) ...but they pick up steam fast.

But I stand by "Reidsville is going to Reidsville"...second half adjustments and the knack for always pulling through.

Looking forward to hearing about the game. Definitely a lot of questions to be answered still for it to be the regular season. Go Rams!

You know what ...I agree. Reidsville does seem to start the season slow in recent memory (injuries, beginning of season meshing, etc.) ...but they pick up steam fast.

But I stand by "Reidsville is going to Reidsville"...second half adjustments and the knack for always pulling through.
Some teams just have that "it" factor which makes them so hard to beat.

It shouldn't be forgotten that western alamance threw for 491 yards against us last year, with returning WR James Newton having 305 of those yards. On the bright side that QB graduated and you also have to account for the fact that Fippen and Neal both missed the game due to injury. As long as we can iron out the center troubles we should be ok.

It shouldn't be forgotten that western alamance threw for 491 yards against us last year, with returning WR James Newton having 305 of those yards. On the bright side that QB graduated and you also have to account for the fact that Fippen and Neal both missed the game due to injury. As long as we can iron out the center troubles we should be ok.

Yeah definitely have to go best on best vs newton.

I think a lot of people are giving reidsville too much credit right now. We are going to be good eventually this year but we've got a lot of things to figure out these first couple weeks. I say reidsville by 14.

I think a lot of people are giving reidsville too much credit right now. We are going to be good eventually this year but we've got a lot of things to figure out these first couple weeks. I say reidsville by 14.

I think I would be fine for a 14 point win. Or just a win period. I think a lot people don’t know western alamance is decent. But we will see tomorrow

Reidsville will be fine. In the early season with an experienced OL and the RB i would pound the rock until a QB is established and is comfortable. Once they are all of those receivers will be ready. Defense wont be as dominant as the past few years but will be ok. Reidsville wins the game but closer than most think. Reidsville by 7. Page next week is probably toughest game on the schedule.

I think Dionte Neal with play QB the majority of the time with J9 occasionally swapping out with him to also get Neal some time at receiver. I doubt the freshman will play much in real games, he's just not ready yet.

Reactions: TheMule
JV Rams up 13-7 at halftime. Freshman Braxton Johnson got the start at QB. Reidsville has dropped two touchdowns so lead could've been much bigger

JV Rams won 19-14. Center is no better on JV than on varsity, had problems snapping the ball all night. QB Braxton Johnson looked good. Also shout out to Zayliyn Hampton who was all over the field on defense all night. WRs Derek Lyons and Lavoyd Hairston looked very good as did RBs Kesean Henry and Devonte Campbell.

JV Rams won 19-14. Center is no better on JV than on varsity, had problems snapping the ball all night. QB Braxton Johnson looked good. Also shout out to Zayliyn Hampton who was all over the field on defense all night. WRs Derek Lyons and Lavoyd Hairston looked very good as did RBs Kesean Henry and Devonte Campbell.

The snapper will be the center of attention tonight. Pun intended.

I find it hard to believe that we don't have one player between JV and varsity who can snap the ball without issue. Hopefully we've worked on it throughout the week.

Snapping for shotgun is rather easy if you actually try to be good at it. Lock you elbow and wrist, push dont flick, find a consistent release point.

Back in my day, centers held the ball like you were throwing it. Somewhere along the way, centers were being taught to grip it at the top of the ball, which to me is more susceptible to being "flicked" and leading to high snaps. The best solution to a bad shotgun snapper is simply going under center, which I would bet my prized pig aint happening.

Snapping for shotgun is rather easy if you actually try to be good at it. Lock you elbow and wrist, push dont flick, find a consistent release point.

Back in my day, centers held the ball like you were throwing it. Somewhere along the way, centers were being taught to grip it at the top of the ball, which to me is more susceptible to being "flicked" and leading to high snaps. The best solution to a bad shotgun snapper is simply going under center, which I would bet my prized pig aint happening.
This post made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the jester.

Overall solid win. The biggest thing to clean up is penalties, score could’ve been worse. Our stars played well, some new guys that were impressive were Pruitt and Johnson

Two thoughts: WA may have the worst passing game I have ever seen. To say they suck would be a massive understatement.

I would not be surprised to see the freshman Braxton Johnson starting later in the season at QB. That would make Neal and the offense even more diverse.

Western Alamance kept helping us out by trying to pass. Should've just pounded down our throat, they ran the ball pretty well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT