ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville- Mountain Heritage updates

Two incredible individual efforts produced Reidsville's first two TDs.
First Travion Canada managed to dodge the entire Mountain Heritage defense and somehow ended up in the end zone on a play that looked like a short gain at best.
Then, QB Titus Jones avoided a sure sack, kept his balance and found Canada all alone in the left flat and Canada sprinted 60-some yards to the end zone.
Both of those guys have doing similar things all season.
I believe you can get a look at both of those plays here (if the link works) ... credit to News2 of Greensboro.
http://www.wfmynews2.com/sports/high-school/mtn-heritage-vs-reidsville/496271780

met some incredibly nice people from mh last night. mh tv crew sat beside us and had a guest sitting with them. a 93 year old pearl harbor vet. what an honor. a real American Hero. very touching to see that gentleman struggle to stand for the national anthem and wipe tears from his eyes. also talked with mh coach. very gracious in defeat. also got to speak with qb as did several of our fans and players. awesome young man. was told he had a 4.5 gpa and somehow has no college offers. classy display by mh folks and by reidsville fans and players recognizing the show those young men put on. great game and a great night. what high school football should be. proud to be a part of it.

This game was decided when the Cougars scored to make it a 21-20 game late in the fourth quarter. For some totally unexplainable reason they tried to pass for the two point conversion that would have given them the lead and possibly the game.

The odds of the Rams stopping Trey Robinson on a off left tackle run were so remote that I couldn't think straight. Hadn't held him under three yards but very, very few times all night. I just can't understand that call.

Mountain Heritage is one more great football team. They just line up and say here we come. Try and stop us. Kind of like the old time single wing teams of yesteryear.

Regional final of 2009 was also decided by extra points on the way to the state championship.

We essentially won this game by one point. I think last score was given up to get the ball back. The only chance to for heritage to win.

Regional final of 2009 was also decided by extra points on the way to the state championship.

We essentially won this game by one point. I think last score was given up to get the ball back. The only chance to for heritage to win.
You might be right there Ram 90. I was thinking the same thing. Even if Reidsville got the PAT, it would have been an 8-point game instead of the clock running out. And MH has had a lot of experience with 2-point plays.

Ram 90 you are not quite right.....in 2009 Reidsville defeated Kinston 26-0 in regional final.....THE WEEK BEFORE....Reidsville beat SW Edgecome 22-20...must be what you were referring too........................

Ha they soaked their field for that game to give them better chance against rams and they had a chip shot fg to win game and holder dropped the snap and lyshod graves chopped the legs out from under the fullback to save the season

Ha they soaked their field for that game to give them better chance against rams and they had a chip shot fg to win game and holder dropped the snap and lyshod graves chopped the legs out from under the fullback to save the season
That "chip shot" was a 42 yd attempt. They hadn't come close to making a long field goal all year.

The take down tackle by Lyshod was a thing of beauty and definitely saved the game. If he doesn't make that tackle Rams most likely lose.

Last edited:
Well I was half right . I grew up playing with all these boys and was a pleasure to be apart of the win streak . that tackle kept it alive. wish the rams could return a punt these days like in the past.

You guys are right. That was Thanksgiving weekend at southwest Edgecombe. They played the previous week on Saturday and I went to the game. No doubt there was artificial precipitation the week before the Rams came to town.

That's what cheating gets you unless your the Patriots. man those were the days. great teams from 2002-2009

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT