5 of 15 passing with 2 picks, 1TD, 117 yards

Rams Easley 10 carries, 65 yards
Canada 8 carries 58 yards
Jones 7 carries 51 yards
Jones 4-8-1 passing for 142 yards
Canada 2 catches, 122 yards

More later

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Time of possesion MH-33min. Reidsville-14min.
The stat I'm interested in and I'll post when I get from DHag is third-down conversions. Seems like Cougars were in third-down situations all night and converted most of them.

great effort by both teams....Rams still need to clean some things up...special plays had a few breakdowns....but how about those punts by Alec Able....?? they were big factors in the game.....................................

The stat I'm interested in and I'll post when I get from DHag is third-down conversions. Seems like Cougars were in third-down situations all night and converted most of them.
I think their broadcast crew said 8 or 9 for 16.

Reactions: Rammer16
This game was decided when the Cougars scored to make it a 21-20 game late in the fourth quarter. For some totally unexplainable reason they tried to pass for the two point conversion that would have given them the lead and possibly the game.

The odds of the Rams stopping Trey Robinson on a off left tackle run were so remote that I couldn't think straight. Hadn't held him under three yards but very, very few times all night. I just can't understand that call.

Mountain Heritage is one more great football team. They just line up and say here we come. Try and stop us. Kind of like the old time single wing teams of yesteryear.

More stats (listing Mountain Heritage first)

First Downs 20 / 11
Rushes-Yards 55-209 / 28-163
Passing Yards 117 / 142
Total Yards 326 / 305
Offensive Plays 70 / 36
Time of Possession 33:03 / 14:57
Third Down conversions 8 of 16 / 3 of 7
Fourth Down conversion 2 of 3 / 0 of 0
Penalties-Yards 2-10 / 6-50
Punts-Avg 3-38.3 / 4-43.5

Biggest difference in keeping the game close was MT Heritage Ability to keep Reidsville offense off the field. Their time of possession was crazy. Trey Robinson is a good straight ahead runner, Runs like a fullback. Not elusive at all. Those 5 yards here and there was killing us, but we never gave up a big run.

Last edited:
Proud of Heritage tonight. There were some people on here confident that it would be a blowout, Heritage had no chance, blah blah blah. We tried telling you guys that they were a dang good team. This game could have gone either way I felt like. Reidsville made a few more plays than Heritage did and got the win. Hats off to you guys! We didn't do bad for a bunch of slow mountain boys. Haha Gonna be pulling hard for y'all next week! Bring another title back with you guys!

Proud of Heritage tonight. There were some people on here confident that it would be a blowout, Heritage had no chance, blah blah blah. We tried telling you guys that they were a dang good team. This game could have gone either way I felt like. Reidsville made a few more plays than Heritage did and got the win. Hats off to you guys! We didn't do bad for a bunch of slow mountain boys. Haha Gonna be pulling hard for y'all next week! Bring another title back with you guys!

I knew this game would be close. I had the rams by 7. Last year I didn't think you guys could stay with us.

Yeah...I also said it was gonna be close and it was..............it was grind it out versus big play...........

You and a few others called it being close. Wasn't meaning everybody. And yeah you're right! It was definitely grind it out vs big play. I figured you guys would be the team to hold Trey to his lowest total of the season. You guys have a really good team. Awesome defense. Trey finished with over 3100 yards rushing on the season. Do you guys think he should win 2A player of the year?? I'm bias and think he should, but with those numbers I think he should easy be in consideration.

And also, I thought last year you guys were three touchdowns better than Heritage. I had a feeling we would do much better this year.

Trey had 98 yards at end of 1st half and ended with 138. Two biggest things in this game we're turnovers and opening drive by Reidsville in second half. I know you guys don't have huge numbers but you could tell Trey got tired in second half. Not sure I'd play him at Safety. Can't second guess too much.

He usually doesn't play defense but due to injuries earlier in the season he had to play safety for the rest of the year. What did you guys think of our line play? I felt they done pretty well against your defensive line. Your D Line was by far the best we had seen all year. We were use to blowing up lines. I felt like our Oline held our own against y'all, but you guys definitely held us in check when it comes to big plays.

He usually doesn't play defense but due to injuries earlier in the season he had to play safety for the rest of the year. What did you guys think of our line play? I felt they done pretty well against your defensive line. Your D Line was by far the best we had seen all year. We were use to blowing up lines. I felt like our Oline held our own against y'all, but you guys definitely held us in check when it comes to big plays.

I think you guys won the battle of the trenches. Our ilb did a good job especially 30 he had to have about 15 tackles.

You guys do what you do very well. TBH Robinson throws a great ball. I would spread it out a little more. Keep teams a little more honest. But that's just me. With your style of play, we wanted to stay in front and burn clock. In the 3rd you guys ate up nearly the entire quarter. As long as we're in front, run clock run. Good offensive line. Canada put the team on his back. Kid is very hard to bring down and very fast in secondary

You guys do what you do very well. TBH Robinson throws a great ball. I would spread it out a little more. Keep teams a little more honest. But that's just me. With your style of play, we wanted to stay in front and burn clock. In the 3rd you guys ate up nearly the entire quarter. As long as we're in front, run clock run. Good offensive line. Canada put the team on his back. Kid is very hard to bring down and very fast in secondary

Canada is going to be really good next year. Just by having him we will be in the mix

absolutely...the Robinson kid is 2A player of the year....his stats are unbelievable...over 3100 yds. rushing...and he throws a good ball...and MH had a couple of players that could go get it...Really think MH should throw the ball more out of their sets...............Great line play...they weren't big but could get that push...Our kids hung in there and made the plays at crucial times.......................Great crowd for both sides...very impressed with numbers from MH that made the haul...Weather was perfect..

Neutral observer: two hard nosed teams went to battle. It's a shame someone had to lose. Both teams had to grind. The Rams made just a few more plays than MH. MH certainly has my respect. They played well enough to win. Heads up MH, you're a tough bunch of young men.

well said Mule...I mentioned that somewhere earlier....Able's punts were huge...especially that 57 yarder in the 4th qtr.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT