ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville / East Surry Score Updates

No. Just no.

Where was SWE in 98? I know where they were last year during the playoffs

61k9XknItTL._SL1300_.jpg

Just looking for the thread that always shows the reidsville score in the thread title. Funny I don't see one this week?

Pretty sure Shel-town has never lost to a lower classification team.

We lose to a Top 3, 3A team. A Maxpreps #5 over all classifications.
Reidsville goes to #1 for a week, then loses to a 1A team.
Their records are built on cupcakes.

Max prep's rankings are way off. KM are not 5th best team in state. I watched teams that would crush them if given the chance just this year Shelby not as good as they thought either. Neither is Reidsville. My guess is one of the 2 wont win a title this year. Shelby played Rams played 1 good team each so far and both lost bad.

CARDS
Jefferson Boaz 25-35-1, 474 yards passing, 5 TDs
Stephen Gosnell 11 receptions, 262 yards; 11 carries, 103 rushing
RAMS
Pinnix 21-36-2, 330 yards, 6 TDs
Edwards 4 catches 110 yards
Lionel Long 21 carries, 156 yards

Ram BBQ ... is this the most points ever given up by Rams? I know in 2010 Rams lost to Eastern Randolph 50-23 in 20100.. most ever for ram team before tonight
?

Max prep's rankings are way off. KM are not 5th best team in state. I watched teams that would crush them if given the chance just this year Shelby not as good as they thought either. Neither is Reidsville. My guess is one of the 2 wont win a title this year. Shelby played Rams played 1 good team each so far and both lost bad.

Ok buddy.

Research 3AA AC Reynolds...I'll help..2 loses this year. One to 5-0 reigning 4A state Champ East Forsyth. One to 4-1 Shelby.

Also check out 3A Freedom.

Curious where your screen name comes from.

Its from beating you chumps when I played. And reigning champs means nothing. It's what you do this year that counts. The past is the past . And I know 3a freedom and ac Reynolds, personally not that impressed with either. I'm more impressed KM and figured shelby had 0 chance. Which they didnt. and if yall drop to 2a yall should be favored for title. Reidsville cant stop the pass and shelby can pass. We can score alot but defense wins titles. Simple as that. I'm done talking schedules with people. A loss is a loss. A win is a win. A title is a title. Simple right?

Ram BBQ ... is this the most points ever given up by Rams? I know in 2010 Rams lost to Eastern Randolph 50-23?

1923 Reidsville lost 0-69 to Greensboro

Perhaps it was the most given up by “Rams”

Last edited:
Yep. But Rams haven't in past 5 titles lol I hope on my life they win this year. And they will be there in the final games. But shelby folks patting themself on the back for losing to 3a schools is getting old. And crushing rams for losing any game ever. Or winning any game ever. Guess when they lost in 07 they were cupcakes since that's all we play.

They're never as good as they think they are.

Its from beating you chumps when I played. And reigning champs means nothing. It's what you do this year that counts. The past is the past . And I know 3a freedom and ac Reynolds, personally not that impressed with either. I'm more impressed KM and figured shelby had 0 chance. Which they didnt. and if yall drop to 2a yall should be favored for title. Reidsville cant stop the pass and shelby can pass. We can score alot but defense wins titles. Simple as that. I'm done talking schedules with people. A loss is a loss. A win is a win. A title is a title. Simple right?

Hilarious

Its from beating you chumps when I played. And reigning champs means nothing. It's what you do this year that counts.

That's what I was thinking. I couldn't be that creative with my screen name and include something about you guys. See I played and won a state championship during that 30 year, 3 decade, 1971-2001, span when Reidsville couldn't even sniff a championship game. To be 100% honest, I had never even heard of Reidsville until we beat them in the 2005 championship game.

I'll sleep good tonight knowing every time you look at your screen name Shelby pops in your head....may want to change your screen name to this though...
28-20 (1-3)

I just watched the highlights.Incredible game with athletes every where.Boaz is the real deal and glad he is a Tar Heel.

61k9XknItTL._SL1300_.jpg
Yes, after round 3, so I'm pretty sure they were on the field during the playoffs last year. And why you asked where were they in 98, I have no idea, but mmk. What SWE even has to do with the comment is beyond me.

61k9XknItTL._SL1300_.jpg

Here's one more eye-popping stat:
TOTAL OFFENSE
East Surry 594
Reidsville 593

Reidsville was coming off a big win over Eastern Guilford the previous week but showed weakness in pass coverage in that game as well. Eastern Guilford turned it around and is on the way to a win over Burlington Williams. The game was suspended by lightning midway through the fourth quarter with Eastern Guilford leading 35-7. It will be resumed Monday.

Alright...here is a win win for every fan of football...every year that these two programs win state,they have a ultimate 2a "War to settle the score" the week after state...alternate fields every year and all earnings go to each team for their sports programs...Im sure the stands would be packed....pride and

Alright...here is a win win for every fan of football...every year that these two programs win state,they have a ultimate 2a "War to settle the score" the week after state...alternate fields every year and all earnings go to each team for their sports programs...Im sure the stands would be packed....pride and trophy

A few observations, and I will post this on the 1A board so E. Surry fans can read.

I have been going to Reidsville games for more than 70 years. The performance by #7 QB Jefferson Boaz last night was the best single game performance I have ever seen. He has NFL QB stamped on his forehead, in neon lights. If the Tar Heels play him at tight end it will be a huge mistake for both UNC and Boaz. He needs to play in a pro style offense.

The punting by Boaz was equal to punting by Johnny Evans of High Point Andrews, NC State, and Cleveland Browns fame. And the punting by Richmond County's Mike Thomas before his injury. Unreal. He needs to punt in college.

#12 Gosnell is better than advertised. He has great size and speed. Why the Rams kept playing him either man to man or zone was a mistake. He has to be double teamed every play. And why Reidsville kept kicking off to him is something I will never understand. He is another 5 star player that does not get the accolades he deserves. If he and Boaz played at a large school they would be among the top recruited players in the nation. Look for Gosnell to be a big time star for the Wolfpack.

The downfield blocking by E Surry on kickoffs and passing was outstanding. Among the best blocking I have seen in many years. It makes the Boaz to Gosnell combination even better.

For Rams haters like Champ96/98 (alias theTruedynasty) you had better get your jollies now because Reidsville will make you drooling mad before the year is over. Reidsville will not play another team like E Surry this year, including the playoffs.

What a great high school game.

Last edited:
I agree Mule ... by the way Gosnell is No. 12 (Boaz No.7) ... Reidsville finally did stop kicking to Gosnell.
55 was the most points ever scored against a Reidsville defense and remember this was a Reidsville defense that had allowed only 22 points in the first five games (OK, I know the competition wasn't very good) ... but still.
Last week's opponent, Eastern Guilford, I believe is going to be a 3-A playoff team, especially if they get their RB back from the ankle injury.

Last edited:
A few observations, and I will post this on the 1A board so E. Surry fans can read.

I have been going to Reidsville games for more than 70 years. The performance by #7 QB Jefferson Boaz last night was the best single game performance I have ever seen. He has NFL QB stamped on his forehead, in neon lights. If the Tar Heels play him at tight end it will be a huge mistake for both UNC and Boaz. He needs to play in a pro style offense.

The punting by Boaz was equal to punting by Johnny Evans of High Point Andrews, NC State, and Cleveland Browns fame. And the punting by Richmond County's Mike Thomas before his injury. Unreal. He needs to punt in college.

#7 Gosnell is better than advertised. He has great size and speed. Why the Rams kept playing him either man to man or zone was a mistake. He has to be double teamed every play. And why Reidsville kept kicking off to him is something I will never understand. He is another 5 star player that does not get the accolades he deserves. If he and Boaz played at a large school they would be among the top recruited players in the nation. Look for Gosnell to be a big time star for the Wolfpack.

The downfield blocking by E Surry on kickoffs and passing was outstanding. Among the best blocking I have seen in many years. It makes the Boaz to Gosnell combination even better.

For Rams haters like Champ96 (alias theTruedynasty) you had better get your jollies now because Reidsville will make you drooling mad before the year if over. Reidsville will not play another team like E Surry this year, including the playoffs.

Great observation and I definitely got my money's worth going to this game. Both teams are good but it takes a well coached team to come to Reidsville and get a win. I could see both winning a championship if they stay healthy.

And Tarboro will not defend against that passing if they meet in state..
The best defense against passing is a pass rush ... Reidsville didn't have much of one last night. Give credit to the boys up front for the Cardinals for giving Boaz all the time he needed.

Reactions: FoothillHeadHunter
I agree Mule ... by the way Gosnell is No. 12 (Boaz No.7) ... Reidsville finally did stop kicking to Gosnell.
55 was the most points ever scored against a Reidsville defense and remember this was a Reidsville defense that had allowed only 22 points in the first five games (OK, I know the competition wasn't very good) ... but still.
Last week's opponent, Eastern Guilford, I believe is going to be a 3-A playoff team, especially if they get their RB back from the ankle injury.

Noted and corrected.

They were both so good it didn't make any difference what number they wore. Should have be number "S" like in Superman.o_O

I said all along that the 1-A schools on Reidsville's schedule would be a tougher test than some of the 4-As. Mount Airy will be a true test this week as well.

Don't look for the MA game to be that competitive. Styles make fights. I think Reidsville although wounded is far superior athletically than MA...LOL..kinda what i said about East Surry against Reidsville.in thinking Reidsville would be far too athletic for the Cards...well let me hush..Good Luck Bears.!!!

Being first game attended at Reidsville I think you have one of the best PA guys. He was very professional for high school.

Reactions: TheMule

#12 Gosnell is better than advertised. He has great size and speed. Why the Rams kept playing him either man to man or zone was a mistake. He has to be double teamed every play. And why Reidsville kept kicking off to him is something I will never understand. He is another 5 star player that does not get the accolades he deserves. If he and Boaz played at a large school they would be among the top recruited players in the nation. Look for Gosnell to be a big time star for the Wolfpack.

For Rams haters like Champ96/98 (alias theTruedynasty) you had better get your jollies now because Reidsville will make you drooling mad before the year is over. Reidsville will not play another team like E Surry this year, including the playoffs.

Mule, I don't understand why it wasn't any adjustments to gosnell. We have a great coaching staff, but they dropped the ball not having a plan b in case gosnell was getting loose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT