ADVERTISEMENT

Rd 4 Murphy @ Mitchell the Rematch

I’m not being negative but guard someone. Please and don’t jack up so many 3s.

Mitchell has more turnovers than both teams has scored this quarter seems like. This is where the lack of regular season competition hurt Mitchell. Could not figure out the pressure.

Congrats Murphy.

Go Mountaineers
Fundamentally we aren’t ready

First off congrats to Mitchell on a fine effort, you guys had a good team and a good season.

Mitchell played Murphy real tough for most of that 2nd half but the 4th Q was not pretty for either team. I was pretty concerned when Rogers went out given how the 4th was going but Murphy finally started hitting their free throws and that ended up being the difference.

Take it you don't care for the coach.

Congrats to the Ladies and the coaches for going to the Final 4 2 straight years.

Go Mountaineers
I’m fine with coach but Karen cook wins that game. So does Bruce. But very good job by our girls we will be back

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I’m fine with coach but Karen cook wins that game. So does Bruce. But very good job by our girls we will be back
C'mon dude, sounds like sour grapes to me. I saw nothing to suggest Mitchell was poorly coached, throwing the ball away under minimal duress isnt a coaching problem, it's a player problem, probably nerves more specifically. Just like Murphy doing the same thing and not hitting their free throws for half the 4th Q wasn't a coaching issue, that's a player issue.

C'mon dude, sounds like sour grapes to me. I saw nothing to suggest Mitchell was poorly coached, throwing the ball away under minimal duress isnt a coaching problem, it's a player problem, probably nerves more specifically. Just like Murphy doing the same thing and not hitting their free throws for half the 4th Q wasn't a coaching issue, that's a player issue.
Well said, well said.

GO MOUNTAINEERS

I didn’t say they’re poorly coached but we could’ve got out and guarded better. All I’m saying. Murphy is better than us made plays to win the game. No sour grapes. We’re just playing a totally different style than the past that’s ok but against teams that can shoot you’ve got to pressure the ball. Murphy was obviously better.

I didn’t say they’re poorly coached but we could’ve got out and guarded better. All I’m saying. Murphy is better than us made plays to win the game. No sour grapes. We’re just playing a totally different style than the past that’s ok but against teams that can shoot you’ve got to pressure the ball. Murphy was obviously better.
No worries, understand where you're coming from. I agree that Mitchell did a poor job pressuring the ball in the 1st half but I thought your girls really upped their pressure and defensive intensity for most of the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT