ADVERTISEMENT

Rd 4 Murphy @ Mitchell the Rematch

wncbowhunter

Dec 21, 2002
Both teams return a lot from last seasons game. By the same token both teams are missing very key components from last years game. For 3 3/4 of last seasons 4th round game Murphy controlled the action. A late flurry by Mitchell almost sent the game to overtime.

This years game could be a contrast of styles. Mitchell is still perimeter oriented while Murphy has a much stronger post presence in Rogers. I still believe in Mitchell but until the past couple of games Mitchell has not been tested outside of Heritage and Sm. Mtn early in the year. The game against Bishop is the most the starters have played this season. I think this will be a Huge advantage for Murphy. Mitchell must shoot better than they have the past couple of games as well. But they will give it their all.

No matter what happens I hope and pray the remainer of the sports year and year in general is better than last season as COVID quickly took so much away. The winner deserves the chance to play for the title.

Good luck to all and

GO Mountaineers

Mitchell wins imo. Think they exact revenge over the defending 1A state champion Lady Bulldogs. And yes I consider them the state champions even though they shamefully were robbed of proving it on the court. Murphy was the best.

Murphy doesn't have the same level of talent they had last season with the graduation of Addison and the transfer of Wilson but Rogers is special, she has taken her game up a couple notches this season and it's obvious why she has 20 plus D1 offers, she really can do it all. You will be hard pressed to find many 6'1 girls that can move and handle the ball the way she can. As long as she is on the court and healthy Murphy will at least have a chance against the majority of teams.

Last edited:
Mitchell having a close game with HD and then a close game with Bishop makes me think they are not in the same league as Murphy, Robbinsville, or East Surry. Murphy wins this one, Rogers will be too much to handle.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I haven’t heard yet. I do know that both visiting teams at Mitchell yesterday received a number of tickets. Do not know the number. If I hear I will post.

Go Mountaineers

Mitchell is totally out coached tonight. Dude should listen to Bruce more

Good grief. I bet Murphy has missed more free throws this quarter then they have points this quarter. Still 48-41 .. 1:33 to go

Murphy finally hitting free throws. 58-42. 45 seconds left. Looks like congrats are in order for the lady dogs to the state championship.

Mitchell has more turnovers than both teams has scored this quarter seems like. This is where the lack of regular season competition hurt Mitchell. Could not figure out the pressure.

Congrats Murphy.

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: Mhsneer and mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT